 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Registration for trial for Apple/Samsung/Google Pay has ended.

tec_geek

Reaction score
Erm confused. So now we can register visa card and use apple pay for transport?

Register VISA card: Yes, but you would need the invitation code (which you can find in this thread) first.

Apple Pay for Transport: Used to allow us to register as part of a trial, but now they have stopped new registrations.
- Registration was needed as the card numbers are different on paper between the physical card that we registered on ABT and the card used for Apple Pay.

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see then i have to wait. Thanks

Register VISA card: Yes, but you would need the invitation code (which you can find in this thread) first.

Apple Pay for Transport: Used to allow us to register as part of a trial, but now they have stopped new registrations.
- Registration was needed as the card numbers are different on paper between the physical card that we registered on ABT and the card used for Apple Pay.

AGame85

Reaction score
hi guys need some help here with regards to using ez link card for public transport via iPhone X.

I have the ABT portal account, I have added my CEPAS card into the account, is this good enough for me to start using my iPhone X for MRT/BUS? Or is it not possible at all? I tried to read up but am still pretty lost with regards to this.

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hi guys need some help here with regards to using ez link card for public transport via iPhone X.

I have the ABT portal account, I have added my CEPAS card into the account, is this good enough for me to start using my iPhone X for MRT/BUS? Or is it not possible at all? I tried to read up but am still pretty lost with regards to this.
Nope. Registration for mobile devices have ended.

When it is re-enabled next time (currently no timeline), you will need to have a credit card that is added to the wallet inside your iCloud account through your iPhone for ABT purposes.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Nope. Registration for mobile devices have ended.

When it is re-enabled next time (currently no timeline), you will need to have a credit card that is added to the wallet inside your iCloud account through your iPhone for ABT purposes.

When it is re-enabled next time (currently no timeline), you will need to have a credit card that is added to the wallet inside your Apple Pay through your iPhone for ABT purposes.

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Cards within Apple Pay are tied to iCloud account leh...

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Cards within Apple Pay are tied to iCloud account leh...

In Apple Ecosystem there are 2 Payment methods, your iCloud Account Payment which uses one default payment method to pay for your apps and subscriptions.

The other is Apple Pay, which is for Physical store NFC terminals, Web Payment, In-App purchases, Reward cards, Suica.

You can have any CC or DC in your iCloud account it does not matter that one only interfaces to buy your Apps, App subscriptions and or purchase iCloud storage. (Settings->iCloud->Payment & Shipping)

Apple Pay is where you have to add cards (Wallet App or Settings->Wallet&Apple Pay) and get a SMS confirmation code to comfirm it. This is the interface to ABT not via iCloud.

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Jialat, you don’t understand what I am saying. When you lose your phone, you can remove cards from devices by signing into iCloud. Similarly, when setting up a new phone, all your card details are pushed to your phone after you sign into iCloud and you just need to reauthenticate with the new SE in your phone to generate the DAN. Also, I didn’t say the interface to ABT is iCloud, but rather that when cards are added to Apple Pay, it is added to the wallet function of your iCloud account and card details stored on Apple’s server without CVV (it is secure due to lack of CVV2 or SE, same as storing your CC/DC at iTunes and pending CVV before checking out).

What you are saying is the layman stuffs.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jialat, you don’t understand what I am saying. When you lose your phone, you can remove cards from devices by signing into iCloud. Similarly, when setting up a new phone, all your card details are pushed to your phone after you sign into iCloud and you just need to reauthenticate with the new SE in your phone to generate the DAN. Also, I didn’t say the interface to ABT is iCloud, but rather that when cards are added to Apple Pay, it is added to the wallet function of your iCloud account and card details stored on Apple’s server without CVV (it is secure due to lack of CVV2 or SE, same as storing your CC/DC at iTunes and pending CVV before checking out).

well, apple pay is the right terminology is this aspect although you have the right understanding. you're arguing on the basis of apple watch = iwatch, iPod touch = itouch.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ezlink card cannot be used on apple pay or iPhone for transit, ever since inception. During the trial, we used master cards added to apple pay for transit, and the experience was hit and miss.

you added your cepas card on abt portal is for you to monitor the usage and trips, nothing to do with abt payment.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score

Sure you can get all technical as well but it is simply you were using outright wrong terminology all together. You can try hard but even Apple support pages does not say add card to iCloud and use the term add card to Apple Pay. You can even check with the banks and the ABT PDF.

There is a HUGE difference in using the proper term and using other terminology just for technicalities. One is more consumer friendly and the other is for technical understanding.

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sure you can get all technical as well but it is simply you were using outright wrong terminology all together. You can try hard but even Apple support pages does not say add card to iCloud and use the term add card to Apple Pay. You can even check with the banks and the ABT PDF.

There is a HUGE difference in using the proper term and using other terminology just for technicalities. One is more consumer friendly and the other is for technical understanding.
Interestingly there is no difference at layman level between the two and saying that you can add your cards to either “Apple Pay” or “Apple Pay via iCloud wallet” leads to the same result, just that one is more specific than the other. Not sure why there is a need to say one is wrong when trying to follow the instructions either way would not lead to a right or wrong outcome, but the same right outcome. I am technical cos I have been on this field for quite a while, arguing things about pros and cons of open and closed transit fare systems and such, that such interchangeable terms that doesn’t harm anyone is not of concern other than about who is being more righteous rather than practicality.

Last edited:

jaloon

Reaction score
There's no need to convert the card if your card does not contain EZ-Link functionality.

PetPet

Reaction score
Yep there's no need to convert the card.
Just place your card on the GTM, then check card.
See if it says it's valid. You're set.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.