 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's no need to convert the card if your card does not contain EZ-Link functionality.

Yep there's no need to convert the card.
Just place your card on the GTM, then check card.
See if it says it's valid. You're set.

Replying to the both of you. I am using my MasterCard (I needed to switch this from CEPAS mode to Bank mode), so I am seeing two different screens while placing the VISA and MasterCard on the GTM machines. The VISA is still in CEPAS mode.

the_gryffindor

Reaction score
Just tap your Visa card at the gate. When I tried to activate it at the GTM, I got an error message. But apparently, it still worked.

lazy666

Reaction score
My email from TransitLink told me to switch the payment mode today for visa and it works.

Tried at the gantry at my card it is ok, but the reader shows “bank card not supported” when I use Apple Pay with the same card.

Any advice?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple Pay is not supported with your recent visa registration. Both are different altogether. If you have missed the previous mobile device registration, then Apple Pay will not work.

My email from TransitLink told me to switch the payment mode today for visa and it works.

Tried at the gantry at my card it is ok, but the reader shows “bank card not supported” when I use Apple Pay with the same card.

Any advice?

Seederad

Reaction score
Interestingly there is no difference at layman level between the two and saying that you can add your cards to either “Apple Pay” or “Apple Pay via iCloud wallet” leads to the same result, just that one is more specific than the other. Not sure why there is a need to say one is wrong when trying to follow the instructions either way would not lead to a right or wrong outcome, but the same right outcome. I am technical cos I have been on this field for quite a while, arguing things about pros and cons of open and closed transit fare systems and such, that such interchangeable terms that doesn’t harm anyone is not of concern other than about who is being more righteous rather than practicality.

Actually you’re still wrong. What TransitLink needs when we register is the device account number on the phone which is unique from device to device and different from the physical card number. regardless of whether the card is backed up or synced to iCloud or not, the device account number will be different, re-registration will still be needed. Thus iCloud in this case plays no part in mobile wallet ABT and might cause an even deeper confusion for the consumers.

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Actually you’re still wrong. What TransitLink needs when we register is the device account number on the phone which is unique from device to device and different from the physical card number. regardless of whether the card is backed up or synced to iCloud or not, the device account number will be different, re-registration will still be needed. Thus iCloud in this case plays no part in mobile wallet ABT and might cause an even deeper confusion for the consumers.
But you need to have a credit card in your iCloud before you can have the DPAN assigned isn’t it? I think it is malicious of you to suddenly reframe the question to your advantage out of the blue, when the original question was just having CEPAS card in one’s ABT account enough for one to start using his iPhone X to tap for transit. There’s no need to assert that one is right or wrong, you just answer me, is that what the original question posed, yes or no?

Last edited:

Slavor

Reaction score
A bit off topic but my NETS got added to ABT already. Will be a good backup should my phone not work smoothly on buses.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A bit off topic but my NETS got added to ABT already. Will be a good backup should my phone not work smoothly on buses.
Well, why not? I would rather you use the same card like the one on your phone.

Slavor

Reaction score
I posted previously that both my passion card and its replacement card spoiled within a year of me using it for ABT. Can use it for everything else: withdrawing money, changing it to EZ link etc. So I decided to try the ATM card lor.

Well, why not? I would rather you use the same card like the one on your phone.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
anyone tried if the credit card expired and got a new card with new expiry date, does the existing apple pay still work?
or need to remove and re-add card to apple pay?

PetPet

Reaction score
anyone tried if the credit card expired and got a new card with new expiry date, does the existing apple pay still work?

It’ll continue to work

lexmarq

Reaction score

For me, my debit mastercard was replaced by the bank (UOB). My UOB mastercard in apple pay continued to work until the next working day, following which the fare readers refused to recognize my apple pay for tapping in already.
Maybe for credit card, it will be different.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I posted previously that both my passion card and its replacement card spoiled within a year of me using it for ABT. Can use it for everything else: withdrawing money, changing it to EZ link etc. So I decided to try the ATM card lor.
Yup mine also spoil while using ABT, my second card btw as first card also spoil then I re-registered again and going through those troublesome steps by visiting transit office and go GTM switch from cepas to bank, yet again the contactless limit reached. So be careful for physical card, my initial cepas ezlink value inside also cannot take out since SMRT and transit staff cannot read my 2nd spoil passion card or even switch back to cepas.

Now by 2nd card spoil, still can do ATM withdrawal but cannot process contactless payment as I never request for 3rd card. Now I use different bank card with normal cepas with ez-reload.

Occasionally I used my registered mobile ABT from iPhone and my OnePlus (which is from my 2nd card, not affected by any limit as it virtual) Hope official rollout the physical limit is gone.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.