 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

IceWater_

Reaction score
Anyone can help..? I have 1 DBS Visa Debit Card and 1 POSB Passion debit(master) card that want to use for mrt/bus using Apple Pay, both cannot add to Apple Pay. The DBS visa don’t give me the option to verify through text msg, call them they say will do something but still cannot. Then the POSB one I choose verify by text msg but never receive any msg, deleted and add back card many time already. Call DBS so many time still cannot solve. My OCBC cards no issue. Anyone got same experience before?

maxheadroom

Reaction score
Anyone can help..? I have 1 DBS Visa Debit Card and 1 POSB Passion debit(master) card that want to use for mrt/bus using Apple Pay, both cannot add to Apple Pay. The DBS visa don’t give me the option to verify through text msg, call them they say will do something but still cannot. Then the POSB one I choose verify by text msg but never receive any msg, deleted and add back card many time already. Call DBS so many time still cannot solve. My OCBC cards no issue. Anyone got same experience before?

Have you confirm with bank that the your personal information like address and contact number is correct?

fitzerspaniel

Reaction score
Guys I tried this! No need die die scan with the back of your phone facing the reader pad. Screen facing the pad also can!

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
I kena this before from scb.... called them a and the technical team got back to me saying my cards have been tagged to too many historical devices (mobiles, ipads etc....) something like our corporate webmails where it can be tagged to 10 devices. SCB say they will clear all the cards for me to start again.... which works eventually.

Not sure if its the same for dbs case.

IceWater_

Reaction score
I kena this before from scb.... called them a and the technical team got back to me saying my cards have been tagged to too many historical devices (mobiles, ipads etc....) something like our corporate webmails where it can be tagged to 10 devices. SCB say they will clear all the cards for me to start again.... which works eventually.

Not sure if its the same for dbs case.

Hmm I just got my cards less than 1 month. But I did add and remove a lot of times due to can not verify and try all over again.

ianene

Reaction score
Don't really see a point for this as it is always better to verify if transaction went through (Done shows up on screen)

And must make sure the blue reader got beep. I got once my google pay got the done transaction but reader didn't beep, in the end never register

tricolours

Reaction score
Yesh!

Compared to pilot test, it's pretty obvious there is less error. I believe there was an update on their software and hardware.

Out of 100 tries, I will still get one or two errors boarding or alighting buses. For MRT gantries, so far it's 100 out of 100, it will read accurately. Seems like buses readers still need some small minor tweaks.

I still hope they will tweak further to be something similar to Suica (Japan EZ Link card)which I use when I am in Japan. It's one step less without authentication. All I need to do is tap on my Apple Watch or iPhone on the gantry reader or bus reader. Plus if I want to top up my Suica, I can do it directly on my Apple Watch or top up at any 711 shop or top up machine which is available at any train station.

does it improve a lot compared to the mobile pilot test?
no more error and red lights?

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Compared to pilot test, it's pretty obvious there is less error. I believe there was an update on their software and hardware.

Out of 100 tries, I will still get one or two errors boarding or alighting buses. For MRT gantries, so far it's 100 out of 100, it will read accurately. Seems like buses readers still need some small minor tweaks.

yes. i have also resumed using iphone and watch recently after public launch.
confirmed no more bad experiences like the mobile pilot test.
now i can just anyhow tap on the mrt readers and get green light 100% successful rate.

I still hope they will tweak further to be something similar to Suica (Japan EZ Link card)which I use when I am in Japan. It's one step less without authentication. All I need to do is tap on my Apple Watch or iPhone on the gantry reader or bus reader. Plus if I want to top up my Suica, I can do it directly on my Apple Watch or top up at any 711 shop or top up machine which is available at any train station.

this suica implementation is at apple, not simplygo.
apple needs to add support for CEPAS then only we can use ezlink/flashpay like suica.
or follow samsung pay to have "transit card" option then we can tap credit card without authentication.
https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/05/ios-12-3-emv-mass-transit/

tricolours

Reaction score
Thanks for the enlightenment. Whoever it is, just hope we can just use this cashless payment as simplified as possible. I know it's not a simple process as it caters to the masses (which needs loads of time to consider all aspects) before deploying.

We are already at the 21st century and I do hope all these technology can help us (not to be more lazy.....HAHAHA) but more efficient and convenient.

apple needs to add support for CEPAS then only we can use ezlink/flashpay like suica.
or follow samsung pay to have "transit card" option then we can tap credit card without authentication.

PetPet

Reaction score

Ez-link would need to work on adopting the right standards first.
Before working with Apple to add it to their platforms.

Apple doesn't control the cards issued by Ez-link :o

To quote Tamago.

To do that, CEPAS needs to transform from an offline stored value system to an online one, with balances updated and retrievable from the cloud. After that, Apple and CEPAS can work together to emulate the CEPAS card into the Express Transit framework.

Last edited:

i.Singaporean

Reaction score
To do that, CEPAS needs to transform from an offline stored value system to an online one, with balances updated and retrievable from the cloud. After that, Apple and CEPAS can work together to emulate the CEPAS card into the Express Transit framework.

Forget about CEPAS le bah..

Only hope now is the Mastercard/Visa EMV method

PetPet

Reaction score
Forget about CEPAS le bah..

Only hope now is the Mastercard/Visa EMV method

We shouldn’t. Students still leverage on these physical cards to have concessions etc. CEPAS improving benefits everyone.

The smart watch issued to kids in schools could probably hold a virtualised CEPAS card.

One can imagine that CEPAS and their campus access card get merged into one. This way they can easily badge in and out of campus without the need of a physical card.

Vulpix

Reaction score
For the XS, is there any way to avoid having to do face authentication when tapping? Jin mafan leh.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.