 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

dean_h

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the virtual card number after adding the credit card to Apple Pay Wallet, so that tapping by phone can also be tracked in the SimplyGo app?

tec_geek

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the virtual card number after adding the credit card to Apple Pay Wallet, so that tapping by phone can also be tracked in the SimplyGo app?
Oh don’t have to. The virtual card number will be ‘linked’ to the actual card number, so you would be able to see the details/trips via SimplyGo for the actual card that you’ve added.

contacted

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry just need to ask a noob question. Planning to switch to an iPhone after using an Android phone for a long time. Does Apple Pay work with PayWave kind of transactions? My current phone is the Pixel 4a, and with Google Pay, it works with almost all kinds of terminals I come across.

Thank you.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry just need to ask a noob question. Planning to switch to an iPhone after using an Android phone for a long time. Does Apple Pay work with PayWave kind of transactions? My current phone is the Pixel 4a, and with Google Pay, it works with almost all kinds of terminals I come across.

Thank you.
yea why not. that's the purpose of apple pay

jywy2005

Master Member
Reaction score
How’s Apple Pay on iwatch? Finding it a hassle to always have to unlock to authenticate it. Can just tap and Go? Will the SE version work?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How’s Apple Pay on iwatch? Finding it a hassle to always have to unlock to authenticate it. Can just tap and Go? Will the SE version work?
u need to double click side button to bring it up.

apple watch authentication works with it being in contact with your wrist.

ufo8mydog

Reaction score
Did anyone manage to add their Apple pay with UOB One Debit Mastercard?
It keeps giving me "service unavailable, try to verify later" when I try to add and verify this card.

Also even though the express transit card is enabled on one of the cards, I'm still asked to do FaceID login to enable the use of the card for public transport.

So jialat this phone after the os15 update. Using ip13p.

Thanks in advance :)

Slavor

Reaction score
It keeps giving me "service unavailable, try to verify later" when I try to add and verify this card.

Also even though the express transit card is enabled on one of the cards, I'm still asked to do FaceID login to enable the use of the card for public transport.

Thanks in advance :)
See post 3797, one page before this one. Seems like your issue where your card hit the Apple Pay limit at your bank side.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks in advance
:)

express transit doesn’t work in sg. nothing to do with ios15

no issues adding uob one on my end here.

KZFteUc.png

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

ufo8mydog

Reaction score
See post 3797, one page before this one. Seems like your issue where your card hit the Apple Pay limit at your bank side.
wow. interesting thanks mate.

[edit] spoke to UOB and they mentioned there is no issue with my card and I have factory restore and/or add remove card which I did before. sigh I give up.

Last edited:

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Commuters can use digital ez-link card on public transport, at Mastercard merchants

They can add the Pay by Wallet digital card to Google Pay if they wish to scan and pay with their phone in transit and at merchants that accept Mastercard. This service is currently available only for Android users, although The Straits Times understands that iOS users will eventually be able to use it too.

https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...d-on-public-transport-at-mastercard-merchants
No idea why people still use EZ LINK card or this new digital EZ LINK when there is debit and credit card providing the same feature.

Slavor

Reaction score
Commuters can use digital ez-link card on public transport, at Mastercard merchants

They can add the Pay by Wallet digital card to Google Pay if they wish to scan and pay with their phone in transit and at merchants that accept Mastercard. This service is currently available only for Android users, although The Straits Times understands that iOS users will eventually be able to use it too.

https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...d-on-public-transport-at-mastercard-merchants
No idea why people still use EZ LINK card or this new digital EZ LINK when there is debit and credit card providing the same feature.
Some people may not be comfortable with debit card directly touching their bank accounts or May not qualify for credit cards. Or they might not want to create a separate cards for their children.

but ya, I agree it’s hard to find a mainstream reason to use ez link lol.

I’m more intrigued that ST mentioned they’ll eventually add support for iOS. How? They’ll make a deal with Apple ah? Even when we use our proprietary CEPAS?

Last edited:

otacon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wah, no use at all. SG market so small but yet so many wanna split the pie

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.