Perth (Lots of advice & help needed please!)

GReddy G9 RS

Reaction score
Am trying to finalise a itinerary for May next year where we are landing on 24th at 5am. Travelling with 4 adults and 1 toddler so probably going to take it easy. Flight back to SG is late 30th.

24 - Fremantle
25 - Caversham
26 - Perth CBD/Swan Valley (could be combined with 25 if Caversham doesn't need 1 full day)
27 - Leave for Busselton in the morning (Jetty)
28 - Dunsborough (Hot chocolate? Caves Rd)
29 - Margaret River
30 - Margaret River

Not too sure if we want to go visit a winery in the MR region also. Wanted to check out Rottnest but it seems like a bicycle is favoured but the little one can't ride the bicycle.
Caversham half day is enough. I find it's better to put last 2 day in Perth city n Caversham which is nearer to airport. Fremantle 24 is fine cos the market open during Fri to Sun.

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am trying to finalise a itinerary for May next year where we are landing on 24th at 5am. Travelling with 4 adults and 1 toddler so probably going to take it easy. Flight back to SG is late 30th.

24 - Fremantle
25 - Caversham
26 - Perth CBD/Swan Valley (could be combined with 25 if Caversham doesn't need 1 full day)
27 - Leave for Busselton in the morning (Jetty)
28 - Dunsborough (Hot chocolate? Caves Rd)
29 - Margaret River
30 - Margaret River

Not too sure if we want to go visit a winery in the MR region also. Wanted to check out Rottnest but it seems like a bicycle is favoured but the little one can't ride the bicycle.

Would it be better to swap the itinerary around, do MR first then come back to Perth?

Also Busselton and Dunsborough can be combined in 1 day, so 27-29 can be done in 1 day.

Just a suggestion below

24 - Perth
25 - Buss/Duns/MR
26 - MR
27 - MR/Perth
28 - Caversham/Hillarys
29 - Fremantle/Surrounding
30 - Perth/surrounding

Can skip Rottness if you don't wish to go

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, after looking at it, I’ll probably swap it around.

Am looking at a Ferguson valley farm stay so that will probably be for 26-27.

Would it be better to swap the itinerary around, do MR first then come back to Perth?

Also Busselton and Dunsborough can be combined in 1 day, so 27-29 can be done in 1 day.

Just a suggestion below

24 - Perth
25 - Buss/Duns/MR
26 - MR
27 - MR/Perth
28 - Caversham/Hillarys
29 - Fremantle/Surrounding
30 - Perth/surrounding

Can skip Rottness if you don't wish to go

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I tried to Google how Long do families usually take at Caversham so I’ll probably combine it with a trip to Swan Valley/River since it’s pretty nearby.

Caversham half day is enough. I find it's better to put last 2 day in Perth city n Caversham which is nearer to airport. Fremantle 24 is fine cos the market open during Fri to Sun.

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

nuky8181

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am flying to Perth this sat and will drive north till kalbarri And south again till Busselton then back Perth. Anyone can advise what to note for while driving as a result of the bushfire?

zened88

Reaction score
Hey anyone with suggestions for a farmstay/farm i can visit with a 1.5 year old? Don't plan on staying there just visiting! Thanks

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I am returning to Perth for a second time with my wife, 1.5year old boy and in laws for 8 days. Wednesday to Thursday.

Can I ask where can I stay if I plan to limit my driving hours to 3? I intend to bring them to Margaret river. Is there a place good to stay at in the middle of Perth city and Margaret River?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Have updated my itinerary quite a bit:

24 - Perth
25-26 - Ferguson Valley farmstay
27 - Busselton/Dunsborough/MR
28 - MR (head back to perth around 3pm)
29-30 - Perth

Would it be better if I pay for the farm visits rather than staying for 2 nights which is the minimum? Then that frees up 1 extra night for MR area maybe but I personally don't know what else to do around MR besides wineries visit.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have updated my itinerary quite a bit:

24 - Perth
25-26 - Ferguson Valley farmstay
27 - Busselton/Dunsborough/MR
28 - MR (head back to perth around 3pm)
29-30 - Perth

Would it be better if I pay for the farm visits rather than staying for 2 nights which is the minimum? Then that frees up 1 extra night for MR area maybe but I personally don't know what else to do around MR besides wineries visit.

MR got caves/lighthouses and those clay potteries if you're into that..

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I am returning to Perth for a second time with my wife, 1.5year old boy and in laws for 8 days. Wednesday to Thursday.

Can I ask where can I stay if I plan to limit my driving hours to 3? I intend to bring them to Margaret river. Is there a place good to stay at in the middle of Perth city and Margaret River?

3hrs can pretty much get you to MR, so you can stay there, plenty of airbnbs around there.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi sorry there was a typo. I meant 2 hours actually haha

Would driving 2hrs, stopping for lunch and continuing for another 1hr help? Within that 2hrs, you could also do multiple stops

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would driving 2hrs, stopping for lunch and continuing for another 1hr help? Within that 2hrs, you could also do multiple stops

I stayed in MR previously so was looking to stay somewhere else as a base and drive to MR for day trip instead

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
MR got caves/lighthouses and those clay potteries if you're into that..

We thought of going to Cape Leeuwin but it's quite a long drive down from MR centre. Still very lost of the MR region which technically includes Dunsborough and Busselton all the way down.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We thought of going to Cape Leeuwin but it's quite a long drive down from MR centre. Still very lost of the MR region which technically includes Dunsborough and Busselton all the way down.

Actually it's not very far, MR is mid way point between the 2 capes, if you stay in MR itself, should be ok.

And if you're going to Jewel cave, it's almost there.

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
Hihi, Im planning family trip to Perth sometime June next year. Looking to stay for 7N, fly back on day 8. I hope to limit my budget to < 2k (exclude meal) per person.

We cant drive so self drive is out :(. Also due to my nature of work, my leave is inflexible and fix at 2 weeks each in June and Dec. At such, we cant join group tour.

I need advise, anyone know of any good F&E or land tour can recommend me?

Thanks!

Last edited:

babytohox

Reaction score
Hi anyone travel via Qantas to Perth before? The flight will only reach at around 12am in Perth. Anyone know if we can still get the car if we wanted to rent? Will it be difficult to drive to City at midnight? Also SGD550 is it a good price to travel in Jun? TIA

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone travel via Qantas to Perth before? The flight will only reach at around 12am in Perth. Anyone know if we can still get the car if we wanted to rent? Will it be difficult to drive to City at midnight? Also SGD550 is it a good price to travel in Jun? TIA

Rule of thumb is, as long there are flights, the rental co. will be opened..

No issues driving during mn, even better still the roads are clear..

$550 for full service is normal during that period

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.