Planning a Taiwan trip itinerary with senior

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Future trip...
can someone share where u bring ur senior go?

Take SQ

1 Day

- Breakfast or Lunch @ Tapei (Nearby Hotel)

淡水站 MTR https://blog.kkday.com/30577/asia-taiwan-new-taipei-city-tamsui-travel-guide
- Dan Shui Old Street
-- Fish Balls from Original Ah-Gei
-- Iron Eggs
-- Tower Ice Cream @ Tamsui waterfront
-- Crispy Pork Paper
- Fisherman's Wharf + Lover’s Bridge 漁人碼頭&情人橋 (They may want to go)

2 Day
松山站 (Songshan Station), Exit 3, walk straight and continue until you cross Songlong Road.
- Citylink Songshan
- Wufenpu 五分埔 (closed on Monday to tourists)
- Raohe Night Market (饒河街觀光夜市)

3 Day

Book 1 day tour Yehliu Geopark, Jiufen, Shifen, and Golden Waterfall Day Tour from Taipei
https://www.klook.com/activity/2953...yson&utm_source=non-network&utm_campaign=2313

DIY Taipei>Yehliu GeoPark>Jiufen>Shifen>Keelung>Taipei

Keelung Station
- Miaokou Night Market (廟口夜市)

4 Day

- Shilin Night Market
- Miniatures Museum of Taiwan
- Taipei 101
- National Palace Museum or Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall

Kaohsiung
- Liuhe night market
-- Fried Oyster Dumpling

Last edited:

goyamata1st

Reaction score
Future trip...
can someone share where u bring ur senior go?

1 Day

- Breakfast or Lunch @ Tapei (Nearby Hotel)

淡水站 MTR https://blog.kkday.com/30577/asia-taiwan-new-taipei-city-tamsui-travel-guide
- Dan Shui Old Street
- Fisherman's Wharf + Lover’s Bridge 漁人碼頭&情人橋 (They may want to go)

2 Day

- Wufenpu (closed on Monday to tourists)
- Raohe Night Market

- Shilin Night Market
- Miniatures Museum of Taiwan
- Taipei 101
- National Palace Museum or Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall
When you are traveling with senior citizens, it is better to hire a private car and tour guide to do the job. By taking MRT or bus it requires a long walk to the entrance of MRT stations and a long walk to the interesting places. Interesting places for the senior citizens and just short walk.

Day 1
Taiwan Gold Ecological Park
Jiufen Old Street
The Shihfen Falls
Shihfen Sky Lantern Festival
Raohe Street Night Market
Stay at Taipei city hotel

Day 2
Yangmingshan National Park
Beitou Liuhuanggu Valley
Beitou Thermal Valley
Jinshan Old Street and duck meal
Tamsui Fishman’s Wharf.
Tamsui Old Street.
Stay at Taipei city hotel.

Or day 2 visiting Yilan county
Jiaoxi Hot Springs Park
Yilan Train Station & Jimmy Plaza
National Center for Traditional Arts
Nan-Fang-Ao Fishing Port
Stay at Taipei city hotel
Enquiries about Taiwan tour like suggested itineraries, charter car service, driver information, and hotels. Contact David at (WhatsApp)+886 931 626577. Email:ylliaw2222976@gmail.com .Free itineraries at www.mytaiwanjourney.com David will reply ASAP. Enjoy your Taiwan vacation.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Go by tour very rush le.
If I DIY, at least own time own target.. If needed just take cab back Lo.

My mom not really that old. Can still walk.
With aunt joining I think they will take own sweet time to shop..

And some place like not really good to go

Last edited:

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Go by tour very rush le.

goyamata1st suggested private tour

private tour is own time own target

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i think of going 7day... cant 7 day hire private tour ba?

i think i will skip some park.. dont think they like sia.

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
i think of going 7day... cant 7 day hire private tour ba?

i think i will skip some park.. dont think they like sia.

no one is asking you to get a private driver or tour for 7 days. obviously you'll get a driver and/or private tour for the days where the places are too far, with too many bus/train changes or with poor public transport infrastructure.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
is there any nightmarket near 淡水?

don think i wil want to go Beitou as nth much there except hot spring

marcho21

Master Member
Reaction score
plan now.. go next year le

i will not go this timing..., dont want to risk myself & family with virus

then dun u hav more than half a year to plan? instead come here ask simple questions, like tamsui got night market? when the 2nd post already got ppl drew up itinerary and you can use google to check?

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
this is a open forum. what ur problem??????

cannot ask isit?
U can dont reply if u dont know or not want to help. very simple.

then dun u hav more than half a year to plan? instead come here ask simple questions, like tamsui got night market? when the 2nd post already got ppl drew up itinerary and you can use google to check?

Multiversal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go by tour very rush le.

Agree. I also prefer to travel free and easy rather than with a tour group. Your itinerary in Post #1 is at a rather relaxing and leisurely pace already.

If your mother and aunt are OK with taking the mrt in Singapore, then I think they would have no problem with taking the mrt in Taipei. Those places you mentioned can be reached by mrt.

Since you are planning on spending 7 days in Taiwan, have you thought about spending maybe 3 days in Kaohsiung? You can reach there either by HSR or the Kuo Kuang bus. For me, I prefer to take the bus, sit back for a few hours and just watch the scenery or read a newspaper. (The bus is very comfortable). But of course, you need to consider if your seniors mind taking a bus, assuming that you don't mind it.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Kaohsiung i nv go before but i will google later. thx
if i go, most likely will take HSR since we nv take before. :s13::s13:

i went 淡水 before, think there actually nth much.
So need to add in more shopping place around the area.

Agree. I also prefer to travel free and easy rather than with a tour group. Your itinerary in Post #1 is at a rather relaxing and leisurely pace already.

If your mother and aunt are OK with taking the mrt in Singapore, then I think they would have no problem with taking the mrt in Taipei. Those places you mentioned can be reached by mrt.

Since you are planning on spending 7 days in Taiwan, have you thought about spending maybe 3 days in Kaohsiung? You can reach there either by HSR or the Kuo Kuang bus. For me, I prefer to take the bus, sit back for a few hours and just watch the scenery or read a newspaper. (The bus is very comfortable). But of course, you need to consider if your seniors mind taking a bus, assuming that you don't mind it.

Last edited:

Multiversal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kaohsiung i nv go before but i will google later. thx
if i go, most likely will take HSR since we nv take before. :s13::s13:

i went 淡水 before, think there actually nth much.
So need to add in more shopping place around the area.

I guess you are a true blue Singaporean. In your lead post, I noted that your activities were mainly about food, and now you say there's actually nothing much, and you need to add in "shopping", the other Singaporean past time. Lol.

In my opinion, in order to maximize or even derive "pleasure" from travelling, you need to know why you want to travel, and, in this case, to go to Taiwan, in the first place. It's like asking why people go to the Jewel. So, they go there, saw the waterfall, they say "Oh! nice! it changes colours yeah! Let's take a few photos! Done. Let's move on. Now, what's there to eat? Ah! Shake Shack! Line up? Never mind, I will do it, I can post that on IG later and show off."

Or people going to JB every weekend. For what? Makan lah! Cheap mah! 1 for 3, you dunno meh?

Are such trips driven by boredom at home, a sense of there being nothing much else to do here, no where else to go (the new Funan Centre? Been there, done that!), so it's sort of like a getaway from it all, and any place is fine, as long as it is not too far, not too expensive, and will not burn too many days (if I go for a two weeks' vacation and apply annual leave for that long my boss' face will turn black).

ubergeek

Reaction score
when travelling as a group there will be a case when one person wants to visit A, but another person might not.. good if all can agree

marcho21

Master Member
Reaction score
this is a open forum. what ur problem??????

cannot ask isit?
U can dont reply if u dont know or not want to help. very simple.

Yes, this is an open forum, but what I am saying is at least do some homework before asking.

When you first started ur thread, there was no background, no itineraries, no research done, just waiting for answers. There are so many generic itineraries that can be found, from tour proposed, f&e by so many travellers. At least, draw up something to show what u and your family may like and others can comment if they are too strenuous for seniors traveling or experiences after gg thr.

For eg Tamsui, you can take the ferry to Bali and there is a temple to pray for wealth & fortune. I could proposed that, but what if u replied, your family is Xtians, then..???

This has been felt by Calkel at this while, with people coming back to him after traveling, complaining saying that this place inconvenient, waste time traveling, blah blah blah. Which is why he doesn't want to reply to these threads anymore. 好心被雷劈!

If you want to take the f&e route, u can pack ur itinerary, but prioritise what places u find interesting. If you like that place, you can stay thr longer, drop other places if u run out of time. Itinerary is just a guide, not a go there, check-in and leave checklist.

Windowlover

Reaction score
when travelling as a group there will be a case when one person wants to visit A, but another person might not.. good if all can agree

That the travel fun for u. Ha. I leave it to my youngest to sort out.
They also can learn the survival skill also.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ya.. but is like tht one ma :s13::s13::s13:

i go Fisherman's Wharf + Lover’s Bridge before. so i dont expect my 2 senior will had a long walk there like dating .

we are not big eater.. roughly walk around to buy something back and eat something special (if can)

planning is to take note, so roughly can know how to go or where to go ma. But most the time, will just random shop around there.

I guess you are a true blue Singaporean. In your lead post, I noted that your activities were mainly about food, and now you say there's actually nothing much, and you need to add in "shopping", the other Singaporean past time. Lol.

In my opinion, in order to maximize or even derive "pleasure" from travelling, you need to know why you want to travel, and, in this case, to go to Taiwan, in the first place. It's like asking why people go to the Jewel. So, they go there, saw the waterfall, they say "Oh! nice! it changes colours yeah! Let's take a few photos! Done. Let's move on. Now, what's there to eat? Ah! Shake Shack! Line up? Never mind, I will do it, I can post that on IG later and show off."

Or people going to JB every weekend. For what? Makan lah! Cheap mah! 1 for 3, you dunno meh?

Are such trips driven by boredom at home, a sense of there being nothing much else to do here, no where else to go (the new Funan Centre? Been there, done that!), so it's sort of like a getaway from it all, and any place is fine, as long as it is not too far, not too expensive, and will not burn too many days (if I go for a two weeks' vacation and apply annual leave for that long my boss' face will turn black).

Last edited:

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for seniors, I would recommend that you baoche. Don't visit the typical crowded touristy areas, those baoche knows the authentic small eats in small towns. Those foods are much cheaper and better than certain night markets.

Went to taiwan twice using baoche with my parents, lesser walking, more sights of scenery and eating traditional foods that are not so fried.

Do try to avoid Taipei, too typical. Can try Tainan and Kaoshiung, lesser crowds, better foods.

Baoche is free n easy, my itinerary is not fixed. Can tell driver that you are too tired to go that attraction, and he will route and plan a better day to go. He will advise as you go, so it's not rush. If you particularly like this attraction, you can stay longer, just let him know

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.