Planning trip to Bhutan in Oct

vogriphach

Reaction score
You went free-and-easy, without engaging an agency ?

You can't really go free and easy in Bhutan. I engaged an agency that is based in Singapore (DrukAsia) for easier coordination of the trip. Anyway there is a daily tour amount that all tourists have to pay and it's the same price regardless of the tour operator.

sendtolee

Reaction score
You can't really go free and easy in Bhutan. I engaged an agency that is based in Singapore (DrukAsia) for easier coordination of the trip. Anyway there is a daily tour amount that all tourists have to pay and it's the same price regardless of the tour operator.

I am going this Oct... 🤗

jes205

Reaction score
on my to do list. but pretty ex plc to travel to. inquired b4 at drukair and was quoted something like almost $1k/day for wife n myself. hotels r all 3-4 stars, nothing fancy. so a 7 day trip will cost $7k. scenery looks beautiful (which is what we like) but there are many other beautiful places at half the cost for a 7 day trip.

jaysontanqy

Reaction score
bhutan seems like an up and coming place, saw 2 persons from my ig there in the last few months.

aloha168888

Reaction score
Ya, Bhutan is really a nice country to visit. Just came back 2 weeks ago (my 2nd visit ).
For those who like scenery, culture, and wildlife. Bhutan is definitely a must go place.

We are fortunate to meet their Prime minister in Dochula festival face to face and met their fourth king's wife :)

And see their black neck crane in Gangtey Valley.

Wil go again for trekking :)

Last edited:

bosssaizo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
hi, which travel insurance u guys usually get if go Bhutan?

before you even talk about the travel insurance to get, you need to identify during which season you are going.

Personally, I went during the late end of summer, hence I went for the cheapest. All banks have promos during certain period. Coverage may vary.

If you are heading during winter/early spring, get a higher coverage insurance.

redvirindi

Reaction score
I used DrukAsia just a few years ago, and I was happy with their service.
Their guide is knowledgeable and friendly, and we had a nice car with a driver, guide, and two of us, so it was very comfortable.
Bhutan is one of the best places I've visited.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.