Planning trip to Bhutan in Oct

zwerty

Reaction score
Planning to go to Bhutan this coming Oct. Dynasty Travel has a 8D7N package. Click here

Anybody had travelled before on this package with Dynasty ? How was the experience ?

Alternatively, if anybody had travelled there before using other agencies, can share what agencies u used and the cost ?

Thx very much.

vogriphach

Reaction score
zwerty : Did you eventually go?

Just came back from Bhutan a couple of weeks ago. Didn't join Dynasty or any of those major travel agencies in Singapore - they're very expensive. I booked my trip via DrukAsia - which is an authorized reseller of DrukAir tickets (the only airline that flies to Bhutan) here in Singapore.

However, to go to Bhutan, it's really required to join an approved Bhutan-based travel agency so any travel agency you liaise with will inevitably have to go thru them. It's not hard to find one and they all offer the same level of service more or less. The fixed rate to visit Bhutan is USD 200 per day which is inclusive of all meals, accoms, transport, guide and entrance fees for the entire duration of the trip. The only things you have to pay aside from these would be the air ticket (only 1 airline flies there), visa fees (about $30 per pax).

I posted about my trip here: http://iwandered.net/category/bhutan/
For those interested to visit, you may want to take a look!

Last edited:

vogriphach

Reaction score
Just wanna share some pics from my trip...

5204285086_bfdb4f9294.jpg

@ Paro Valley - great view!

5211216782_3db8c2be0f.jpg

@ Punakha Dzong

5204259352_baa8f800fc.jpg

Tiger's Nest Monastery - the highlight of any trip to Bhutan!

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wanna share some pics from my trip...

5204285086_bfdb4f9294.jpg

@ Paro Valley - great view!

5211216782_3db8c2be0f.jpg

@ Punakha Dzong

5204259352_baa8f800fc.jpg

Tiger's Nest Monastery - the highlight of any trip to Bhutan!

Been sourcing for possible travel destinations in 2011. Found out about Bhutan as a fascinating cultural destination. I must say, the photos you posted in your travel blog for Laos and Bhutan are so inviting :)

A few queries:
1] How long did it take for your visa approval?
2] Did you book your trip package via an approved Bhutan-based travel agency or with DrukAsia?
3] Did you manage to travel with your own companions or with others on the same travel package?

Do note if you are planning to revisit Bhutan, the fixed tarif is raised to USD250 starting 1 Jan 2011. Source link->http://www.drukasia.com/travel-info.asp

vogriphach

Reaction score
Been sourcing for possible travel destinations in 2011. Found out about Bhutan as a fascinating cultural destination. I must say, the photos you posted in your travel blog for Laos and Bhutan are so inviting :)

A few queries:
1] How long did it take for your visa approval?
2] Did you book your trip package via an approved Bhutan-based travel agency or with DrukAsia?
3] Did you manage to travel with your own companions or with others on the same travel package?

Do note if you are planning to revisit Bhutan, the fixed tarif is raised to USD250 starting 1 Jan 2011. Source link->http://www.drukasia.com/travel-info.asp

The USD250 tariff was originally planned by the government starting 2011. However, it is postponed to an indefinite date. So far, it is still USD200 per day for 2011.

Now, on your questions:
1] How long did it take for your visa approval? --> We submitted our docs early but we were advised by the travel agency that the visa would come out only a week before departure. Not sure if this is really the case.
2] Did you book your trip package via an approved Bhutan-based travel agency or with DrukAsia? -> We did it through DrukAsia since they also provided us with discounted air tickets to Paro.
3] Did you manage to travel with your own companions or with others on the same travel package? -> The good thing about Bhutan is you go on a private tour. Our party had 3 people, and we didn't go with anyone else on the tour. It's roughly the same for other travel agencies. If you're solo and would like to save costs, you may join other people (provided they're willing) in order to avoid paying the surcharge.

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The USD250 tariff was originally planned by the government starting 2011. However, it is postponed to an indefinite date. So far, it is still USD200 per day for 2011.

Now, on your questions:
1] How long did it take for your visa approval? --> We submitted our docs early but we were advised by the travel agency that the visa would come out only a week before departure. Not sure if this is really the case.
2] Did you book your trip package via an approved Bhutan-based travel agency or with DrukAsia? -> We did it through DrukAsia since they also provided us with discounted air tickets to Paro.
3] Did you manage to travel with your own companions or with others on the same travel package? -> The good thing about Bhutan is you go on a private tour. Our party had 3 people, and we didn't go with anyone else on the tour. It's roughly the same for other travel agencies. If you're solo and would like to save costs, you may join other people (provided they're willing) in order to avoid paying the surcharge.

Wow, didn’t know that. Thanks vogriphach :)!

Your update prompted me to check up the official Tourism Council of Bhutan website, which yielded the following information:
The minimum tariff for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more are as follows:
High Season Tariff – US$ 200 per person per night halt ( February, March, April, May, August, September, October, November and December).
Low Season Tariff – US$165 per person per night halt (January, June, July).
Note: The existing Low season discount for the months of January, June and July will be discontinued to promote Bhutan as an “All-year-round” destination. Also, the royalty for children below the age of 12 years will be waived off. These changes will be effective from 1st July 2011.

You’re lucky to be able to find friends to form your own travel group. No luck for me yet :sad:

The prices for DrukAsia travel packages seem pretty competitive compared to others, for example Keys To Bhutan, which has quite good reviews in Tripadvisor. It’s also possible to make all the travel arrangements with hotels such as Uma Paro, if one has the budget.

The best time to go to Bhutan seems to be Autumn (September to November), where the best possible unobstructed views can be had.

Did you go during the Autumn season to get those nice shots :)?

vogriphach

Reaction score
I went in November... it wasn't totally clear the whole time we were there (only clear during our last 2 days there). It was overcast the rest of the time.

If you can't wait that long - March is also a good time to visit!

You can try checking with Drukasia to see whether other people are going the same time you're planning to go, and are willing to group together to form the minimum 3 pax.

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went in November... it wasn't totally clear the whole time we were there (only clear during our last 2 days there). It was overcast the rest of the time.

If you can't wait that long - March is also a good time to visit!

You can try checking with Drukasia to see whether other people are going the same time you're planning to go, and are willing to group together to form the minimum 3 pax.

March seems a bit early, what with having to confirm the tickets, visa and package.

Well, if none of my friends are interested in going, I'd rather go solo. It'd be more costly, but I could sort of balance it by going during the low season, maybe June/July. Less crowded also. Higher chances of getting rooms or being upgraded etc.

Have no qualms on a solo trip to Bhutan, and meet up with fellow travellers there. If I were to join a group from SIN, itd be problematic if we end up not liking each other and having to bear each others company for the duration of the guided tour.

zwerty

Reaction score
Hi vogriphach, read your interesting blog on Bhutan and it is very informative. I didn't go to Bhutan last year but New York instead :s22:
Long story.

Anyway, after reading your blog, I like to make Bhutan my first backpack destination this May. I contacted DrukAsia in Singapore. They quoted me
Sgd 3139 for 7D6N package inclusive of round trip Druk Air tickets from Bangkok to Paro. Just wondering how much did u pay last year for your trip ?

vogriphach

Reaction score
Hi zwerty

I suppose my reply is a bit late. But did you eventually go?
Anyway, the tariff depends on the number of people in your party going. If you're by yourself or traveling as a couple, it will be more expensive.

There were 3 of us when I went so I was charged the tariff of USD 200 per day there. The plane ticket cost about SGD 900 but it depends whether there is a promo at the time you inquire.

Globe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can share your experince in bhutan azrielsc .... planning to go end of march this year ... been working like a dog for a year, want to go somewhere less crowded ...

Azrielsc

Reaction score
eek... guess I am too late to tell you about it since you are about to go already.

The place is just amazing, the pple are friendly and the food is great! The only thing that I couldn't stomach is the butter tea. :)

jokerpoker81

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i used this bhutan agency for my trip....excellent !

https://www.facebook.com/yelhabhutantours

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/tour-agency-best-bhutan-tour-4766112.html

yelhabhutan@gmail.com said:
Hello!

I am C Dorji Pila, C.E.O. of Yelha Bhutan Tours and Travels from Bhutan. www.yelhatours.com / yelhabhutan@gmail.com

10388190_807170316013962_2781949087978572507_n.png

Yelha Bhutan Tours & Travels have various Bhutan tours packages to satisfy the need of every tourist, with areas of interests as diversified as Religious, Leisure, Rafting, Honeymoon, Biking, Trekking, Fishing, Golf, Meditation, etc.

We are one of the top travel company in Bhutan. Yelha Bhutan is registered with the Ministry of Trade and Tourism Council of Bhutan.100% Visa Guaranteed.

Book your Bhutan tour directly with us in Bhutan and avoid paying hefty tariff to the middle man/ agents in Singapore and Malaysia!
For direct booking contact us at yelhabhutan@gmail.com

Avail 20% Discount on tour package & 15% discount on Air fare.

Thank you

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.