Poco M5 Series

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wondered how many million Helio old chipsets did Xiaomi procure from mediatek? Phone lelong for one and a half year Liao still got so much stock for buy one get one free. But for 100+, this phone is seriously value for money, works really smooth, oled screen and charges very fast.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wondered how many million Helio old chipsets did Xiaomi procure from mediatek? Phone lelong for one and a half year Liao still got so much stock for buy one get one free. But for 100+, this phone is seriously value for money, works really smooth, oled screen and charges very fast.
Is it the Poco M5s? They put the price as $400+... that abt covers the price for 2 sets... unless they change the price on 11.11...

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh u've used/tried it before? Is it this phone or Redmi Note 10s that u've tried before (as u know one is a rebrand of the other)? The Note 10s has a big flaw... when u play any video on it... there is over-sharpening of the picture. Did the phone u tried have this problem?

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh u've used/tried it before? Is it this phone or Redmi Note 10s that u've tried before (as u know one is a rebrand of the other)? The Note 10s has a big flaw... when u play any video on it... there is over-sharpening of the picture. Did the phone u tried have this problem?
Used the note 10s extensively, no such problem. Screen is really subjective opinion, you won't expect a top grade oled panel for a sub 200 phone right? You compare it to other brands which still gives you a 720p LCD phone with snail micro-usb charging

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shopee has a Note 10S 8/128 @$199, good buy or goodbye?

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Used the note 10s extensively, no such problem. Screen is really subjective opinion, you won't expect a top grade oled panel for a sub 200 phone right? You compare it to other brands which still gives you a 720p LCD phone with snail micro-usb charging
No.. it's not I say one... is in the gsmarena review and also in some Youtube reviews.. one of them mentioned that the over-sharpening and over-saturation of the pic is like wat u see on those cheapo LCD tvs on display at the shops haha... but maybe since those reviews were posted... there have been firmware updates that could have solved the problem... did u update it since u got it?

Last edited:

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No.. it's not I say one... is in the gsmarena review and also in some Youtube reviews.. one of them mentioned that the over-sharpening and over-saturation of the pic is like wat u see on those cheapo LCD tvs on display at the shops haha. But maybe since those reviews were posted... there have been firmware updates that could have solved the problem... did u update it since u got it?
The so-called "over-sharpening and overcontrast" is caused by the inbuilt mediatek miravision video decoding, no way to turn it off with a button but there are ways to tweak or disable for control freaks in XDA forums.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The so-called "over-sharpening and overcontrast" is caused by the inbuilt mediatek miravision video decoding, no way to turn it off with a button but there are ways to tweak or disable for control freaks in XDA forums.
So do u experience that effect on the video pic quality on ur set? As u know... gsmarena does reviews of watever phone when it's just launched so when they did it for this phone, they said hopefully when it receives firmware update/s in the future... the problem will be solved...

Last edited:

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$299 for 2 6/128 Poco M5s is pretty good leh... about $150 per phone... but I think very limited sets lar... must camp at 00.00 11.11 to get a set I guess...

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So do u experience that effect on the video pic quality on ur set? As u know... gsmarena does reviews of watever phone when it's just launched so when they did it for this phone, they said hopefully when it receives firmware update/s in the future... the problem will be solved...
No, I find it perfectly alright. This kind of technical jargons like what over-saturated over contrast don't really matter to layman phone users. Core components of everyday usage - smooth interface of apps, fast charging and enough battery juice are the crux, nitpicking opinated details are sometimes irrelevant part of online reviews, especially for a cheap budget phone. You want those fine details, plenty of $1000-$2000 phones to fine-tune in the market

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No, I find it perfectly alright. This kind of technical jargons like what over-saturated over contrast don't really matter to layman phone users. Core components of everyday usage - smooth interface of apps, fast charging and enough battery juice are the crux, nitpicking opinated details are sometimes irrelevant part of online reviews, especially for a cheap budget phone. You want those fine details, plenty of $1000-$2000 phones to fine-tune in the market
I'm sure gsmarena reviewers know their stuff... after all they do reviews for all types of phones whether it's entry-level... mid-range or high-end. U can't say that this fault with the Note 10s is irrelevant and is just technical jargon and nitpicking opinated details... this is substantiated by the fact that the problem is actually caused by the mediatek video decoding... u said it urself... didn't u? As I have also said... they are not the only online reviewers who have said this.. even Reddit has layman users griping over this particular problem on their sets.

And this is not just "fine details"... having a phone screen that shows realistic visuals is very much an integral part of a phone... especially when viewing videos on like Youtube are a "core component of everyday usage" for some ppl..............

Last edited:

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm sure gsmarena reviewers know their stuff... after all they do reviews for all types of phones whether it's entry-level... mid-range or high-end. U can't say that this fault with the Note 10s is irrelevant and is just technical jargon and nitpicking opinated details... this is substantiated by the fact that the problem is actually caused by the mediatek video decoding... u said it urself... didn't u? As I have also said... they are not the only online reviewers who have said this.. even Reddit has layman users griping over this particular problem on their sets...
If you wish to take those gsmarena users opinions as gospel, I am fine with it. I am just sharing what I see as a user of this model.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you wish to take those gsmarena users opinions as gospel, I am fine with it. I am just sharing what I see as a user of this model.
Pls scroll up and read properly wat I've just said... I never mentioned anything abt gsmarena users opinions... it was the opinions of layman users of the Note 10s on Reddit that I was talking about. Pls pls... share all u want as a user of this phone but pls dun deny the facts behind wat is actually causing that phone problem...... :rolleyes: Oh and I had just added more to wat I said in my previous post... I wouldn't want u to miss that.... no sir-eeee...

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pls scroll up and read properly wat I've just said... I never mentioned anything abt gsmarena users opinions... it was the opinions of layman users of the Note 10s on Reddit that I was talking about. Pls pls... share all u want as a user of this phone but pls dun deny the facts behind wat is actually causing that phone problem...... :rolleyes: Oh and I had just added more to wat I said in my previous post... I wouldn't want u to miss that.... no sir-eeee...
oppo find x3 pro $799 on lazada :eek:.... but that phone drink battery like water. :s34:

u buying this poco phone arh :unsure:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.