Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
phishingwebsite_example1.png

This looks legit?

Heng all moi cc maxed out. no issue :(

Ideasmiths

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On a parallel thread got 1x case where $100K was taken, then $ was taken from her credit card via easicredit transfer or cash withdrawal? (ouch).....but these cc transfer normally takes a day or two. But OCBC so nua until a few days later the cc cash went into the account and again transfer out to the scammer bank....

WTF....no blacklist the scammers' bank number?

RouK3ziLa

Master Member
Reaction score
Its iphones fault ... its a called "Smart phone" for a reason .. if not smart enough to detect the sms is phishing then i spend so much money to buy iphone for what ??? same goes to Singtel .. i paid month for thier serices .. the isp also should be storng enough to not let scammers to sms me .. like that i pay 118 monthly for thier service for what ?? they will receive my lawyer letter very soon .. no consumer prottection at all .. very bad .... 0 Stars !!

testart

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't OCBC stop the remittance given that is such a big amount and clearance of account to overseas? Don't such remittances (big amount or clearance of account) send an alert to the bank's cyber security department? How come the remit is the immediate effect? Can't banks reverse the transfer? Can't a bank have a system like if want transfer big amount, it has to subject bank due diligence first (eg video call customer, video call the transferee)?

Don't tell me the bank has no obligation to look after your money?

Mr Duck

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My question is firstly how those scammers know these people have ocbc account?

TickTechToe

Reaction score
what is the most important thing is not to find fault.. is to find the culprits behind the act.. if the culprits are not caught and given life sentence.. they will come up with a more foolproof scam and claim more victims.. I think the laws are very lenient to these scammers.. only a few years of jail after being caught.. that's why more and more joining to be scammers.. because the risk to reward is good...

Sent from EDMWER app!

Crooni

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Purpose of bank is to provide banking service. OCBC failed to provide that service.

If you go counter ask for life savings, confirm will hold and kanna questions. Why are there no checks for large transfers?

Also I believe the no otp issue, cos dbs already kanna many times Liao.

unrealx262

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think majority is still bank fault. going down the hierarchy of controls, ocbc shd fundamentally implement additional layer of securities or upgrade its security layers before pushing it down to the users. this scam has been going on for years and worsen recently when they all move to e-token / sms log ins

iPod Jack

Master Member
Reaction score
those who think is ocbc fault are the victims
those who think is the victims fault are bbfa edmwers
U nailed it

in edmw tradition, those who dun have much $$ in banks will laff and sleep very at nite knowing pple richer than them are scammed and made penniless...

same thing for little kids if died in accidents... those few bbfas will blame parents not rich dun give birth

matey1982

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Orr Chee Bee Chee ought to shoulder responsibility

moonlighter_sg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is the most important thing is not to find fault.. is to find the culprits behind the act.. if the culprits are not caught and given life sentence.. they will come up with a more foolproof scam and claim more victims.. I think the laws are very lenient to these scammers.. only a few years of jail after being caught.. that's why more and more joining to be scammers.. because the risk to reward is good...

Sent from EDMWER app!

If the police of different countries can cooperate, they can trace to the receiving end. All money transferred should be traceable from source to destination.

hyphenation

Reaction score
i dont think its possible to perform transactions without auth from the owner...

its possible that the phishing site was setup and the first OTP could have been provided by the victim through the phishing site which the scammer then used in the real site to change the phone number that the OTP was sent to?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.