Poll: Experienced Hives/Urticaria Side Effect After 1st/2nd Moderna/Pfizer Dose in Singapore?

Experienced Hives/Urticaria Side Effect After 1st/2nd Moderna/Pfizer Dose in Singapore?

• Moderna Vaccine. With previous history of Hives/Urticaria. Yes. Waiting for my second dose.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Moderna Vaccine. With previous history of Hives/Urticaria. Yes. Already completed my 2 doses.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderna Vaccine. With previous history of Hives/Urticaria. No, Waiting for my second dose.

• Moderna Vaccine. With previous history of Hives/Urticaria. No. Already completed my 2 doses.

• Pfizer Vaccine. NO previous history of Hives/Urticaria. Yes. Waiting for my second dose.

• Pfizer Vaccine. NO previous history of Hives/Urticaria. Yes. Already completed my 2 doses.

• Pfizer Vaccine. NO previous history of Hives/Urticaria. No, Waiting for my second dose.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Pfizer Vaccine. NO previous history of Hives/Urticaria. No. Already completed my 2 doses.

• Not Vaccinated Yet

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • aaa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pixelspics

Reaction score
HSA safety report only shows very small percentage of people encountering hives/urticaria after taking the vaccine but if am not wrong, never shows if these people have OR do not have previous history of hives/urticaria.

Please share your experience and vote only if you are already vaccinated or plan to be vaccinated here in Singapore.

You may change your vote if you accidentally chosen the wrong vote or once the status of your vaccination changes (e.g. from taking previously only 1st dose to already completed the 2nd dose)

Need to login to your user name to vote.

Thanks.

Last edited:

pixelspics

Reaction score
Good to know you dont have any side effects. Actually I have not yet taken the vaccine. Did not consult a doctor yet. Thanks for the concern.

sk0065

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no history

but lately, every 3-4 days, hives will appear.
I did not eat anything different lately - stayed at home most of the days too.

went Polyclinic - got referral letter for hospital allergy check.
Prescribed med and cream.
taken - slightly better.

pixelspics

Reaction score
no history

but lately, every 3-4 days, hives will appear.
I did not eat anything different lately - stayed at home most of the days too.

went Polyclinic - got referral letter for hospital allergy check.
Prescribed med and cream.
taken - slightly better.
According to what I read, if hives appear within 4 hours after vaccination, probably allergic reaction. If more than 4 hours, probably it is immune response.
Still I am on a wait and see status in terms of taking the mrna vaccine as I have previous history of uriticaria all over different parts of the body. Hope you get more better. Thanks for sharing.

loveexercisedream

Reaction score
apparently i read and they said hives and rashes all are rare and will probably recover fast tho .. side note: how long does it take for the soreness in arm to go away ah? i just had my first dose ytd and wah my arm is aching like mad :(

pixelspics

Reaction score
f
apparently i read and they said hives and rashes all are rare and will probably recover fast tho .. side note: how long does it take for the soreness in arm to go away ah? i just had my first dose ytd and wah my arm is aching like mad :(
from what I watched in youtube, it will just take 1 to 2 days for the soreness to go away. Other just feel slight discomfort.

read there's novavax will be available in singapore tentatively before end of the year and applicable to those with severe allergic reaction to 1st dose of MRNA vaccine. Probably it will be applicable for me with previous history of minor hives (actually occured only 3x in my lifetime as of today)

ayeo99

Reaction score
After my first Pfizer jab, no hives appeared at all. 2 weeks after my 2nd Pfizer jab, I developed hives on my left cheek and around my lips. It's been a month after my second jab and the big, itchy hives patch is still there. I have no history of hives before the vaccination. What should I do?

Last edited:

pixelspics

Reaction score
After my first Pfizer jab, no hives appeared at all. 2 weeks after my 2nd Pfizer jab, I developed hives on my left cheek and around my lips. It's been a month after my second jab and the big, itchy hives patch is still there. I have no history of hives before the vaccination. What should I do?

Not a medical personnel. Just same as you having experienced acute hives before.

Probably caused by your strong immune response following vaccination.

If it is getting worse, especially if there is swelling in the lips (angioedema)
i guess need to go to the doctor.

But if you think day by day it is getting a bit better and you can still tolerate the itchiness,
I guess you can wait until it is gone.

Probably avoid stress, don't sleep late at night.

Good luck.

To other readers,
if interested please go to this hardwarezone forum link to vote for your presence or absence of uritcaria/hives side effects after vaccination.

ayeo99

Reaction score
Not a medical personnel. Just same as you having experienced acute hives before.

Probably caused by your strong immune response following vaccination.

If it is getting worse, especially if there is swelling in the lips (angioedema)
i guess need to go to the doctor.

But if you think day by day it is getting a bit better and you can still tolerate the itchiness,
I guess you can wait until it is gone.

Probably avoid stress, don't sleep late at night.

Good luck.

To other readers,
if interested please go to this hardwarezone forum link to vote for your presence or absence of uritcaria/hives side effects after vaccination.
Thank you.
Went to the Raffles Medical Clinic this morning, doctor gave a cream to apply and some tablets for the inflammation and itch caused by allergy

pixelspics

Reaction score
Thank you.
Went to the Raffles Medical Clinic this morning, doctor gave a cream to apply and some tablets for the inflammation and itch caused by allergy

how are you now after taking medicine?

To other readers,

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.