Polyclinic dental services

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those who attend dental service at Polyclinic, care to share your experience there? If you have bad experience, do state the location and reason.

I will post my experience as I have an appointment this coming month.

easyippt

Reaction score
Tried to make an appointment before but the waiting time was too long. Are you going for checkup or any specific procedure?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried to make an appointment before but the waiting time was too long. Are you going for checkup or any specific procedure?

In the past, the waiting time is like 3-4 months but my current appointment is like just over 1 month.

Yes, going for either filling or extraction, it been a long while since I last visit a dentist.

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you know how much are the scaling and polishing charges?
For Singaporeans consultation, scaling, and polishing costs $16 plus each, at both national healthcare group, and singhealth polyclinics.

So adds up to roughly just under $50 for a visit.

If you do not care too much about aesthetics, I would recommend you to skip the polishing. This would bring the total cost to under $35.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is polishing advisable for those with sensitive teeth? Is it painful in the first place?

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is polishing advisable for those with sensitive teeth? Is it painful in the first place?
Polishing itself is rather enjoyable in my opinion haha. The dentist would use a tool to gently buff your teeth.

If you are afraid of sensitivity after polishing and scaling, then perhaps you can ask the dentist to include a fluoride treatment at the end.

You will be ask to bite down on something like a mould, that has blueberry flavoured fluoride gel for roughly a minute. After which you will be asked to rinsed your mouth and the session will be over.

However this would increase the cost of your visit. Not too sure how much fluoride treatment will cost though.

Last edited:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Polishing itself is rather enjoyable in my opinion haha. The dentist would use a tool to gently buff your teeth.

If you are afraid of sensitivity after polishing and scaling, then perhaps you can ask the dentist to include a fluoride treatment at the end.

You will be ask to bite down on something like a mould, that has blueberry flavoured fluoride gel for roughly a minute. After which you will be asked to rinsed your mouth and the session will be over.

However this would increase the cost of your visit. Not too sure how much fluoride treatment will cost though.

Thanks for sharing.

Might consider to include this procedure if time permit. I heard each patient is allocated certain time limit per visit so may have to wait till the next appointment to continue.

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

Might consider to include this procedure if time permit. I heard each patient is allocated certain time limit per visit so may have to wait till the next appointment to continue.
Never knew about the time limit regulation before.

When you have arrived and are registering yourself at the counter, tell the staff the procedures you would like to get done for the visit. He/she will let the dentist know.

Upon entering the room, the dentist should confirm with you again, if the dentist do not, you can tell them what you would like done.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never knew about the time limit regulation before.

When you have arrived and are registering yourself at the counter, tell the staff the procedures you would like to get done for the visit. He/she will let the dentist know.

Upon entering the room, the dentist should confirm with you again, if the dentist do not, you can tell them what you would like done.

Not quite sure about the time limit but if there are no such restriction then it wouldn't be fair to the next patient in the queue.

Thanks for the info, will see how things work out on the day itself.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Regarding the time limit thingy, it's true according to this blogger which require 5 appointments for re-doing her fillings.

Below are polychinic charges for various procedures. Credit goes to blogger tonks.
azure-pM2Uy5FO1HWrk17ndivU.jpg

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can confirm the time allocated per patient is 20mins for Jurong Dental Polyclinic. The time is usually enough for single procedure like fillings/extraction. So if you need multiple procedures done then no choice but to schedule multiple appointments in total.

doctorgigi

Reaction score
I can confirm the time allocated per patient is 20mins for Jurong Dental Polyclinic. The time is usually enough for single procedure like fillings/extraction. So if you need multiple procedures done then no choice but to schedule multiple appointments in total.

20mins includes consent taking etc.

The unofficial guideline is usually 1 treatment per visit. So each visit can only do either cleaning or 1 filling or 1 extraction. Unless the dentist is very fast and kind, or that day happen to have many patients who do not turn up for appointment, you will have to go back many times to fill if multiple procedures are required.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
20mins includes consent taking etc.

The unofficial guideline is usually 1 treatment per visit. So each visit can only do either cleaning or 1 filling or 1 extraction. Unless the dentist is very fast and kind, or that day happen to have many patients who do not turn up for appointment, you will have to go back many times to fill if multiple procedures are required.

I doubt they factor in the time for local anesthetics to take effect because immediately after injection, the dentist simply carry on with the procedure without waiting. I felt the full effect only after leaving the clinic which lasted up to an hour! :s22:

The chances of patient not turning up is very slim given that they stand to lose the $8 deposit if never turn up for appointment. I have witness patient who walk-in with no appointment and was told to come the next day at very early hour to try their luck.

doctorgigi

Reaction score
I doubt they factor in the time for local anesthetics to take effect because immediately after injection, the dentist simply carry on with the procedure without waiting. I felt the full effect only after leaving the clinic which lasted up to an hour! :s22:

The chances of patient not turning up is very slim given that they stand to lose the $8 deposit if never turn up for appointment. I have witness patient who walk-in with no appointment and was told to come the next day at very early hour to try their luck.

Haha yes, within seconds can have some effect and most will do it immediately. the nicer ones will inject, type some notes into the computer system, maybe perform the charging, let u rinse then extract but these are rare as time is of essence.

there are too many patients going to polyclinic. there isn't really any incentive for them to pamper patients such they patients would keep going back or refer more patients to them.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.