Poor Fibre Broadband Speed & Seeking Remedy

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try using another laptop/desktop and see if you get the same results. also i think try using the same test server across your different test. Different test servers tested at different times can have different results.
Alternatively you can try using speed test function directly from google search as well as from http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest to verify your results.

For your wifi, you can try scanning the the 2.4/5GHz channels using a mobile app at your router's position to see if your wifi is currently also on crowded channels. if they are you can go into the linksys router to try and change the channels they are at.

just my 2 cents :D
I am now also using the same router given by Starhub. Just need to restart ONT and router once in a while. I will restart once every 4 to 5 months. My hand phone is old model and can still get good wifi speed. No benefit to upgrade to wifi 6 router. WFH with this router also no problem.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.