Possible routes for o level holder?

sleepingcat

Master Member
Reaction score
You can join comptia discord group if you want, can gain knowledge

Ok thanks.
Currently taking the udemy mike myers comptia course... sometime dont really understand what he saying.

Btw, where can book comptia exam?
Tried googling but seems like only got exam for US...

grandorder302

Reaction score
Ok thanks.
Currently taking the udemy mike myers comptia course... sometime dont really understand what he saying.

Btw, where can book comptia exam?
Tried googling but seems like only got exam for US...

You can sign up at https://home.pearsonvue.com/Clients/CompTIA.aspx

And schedule a online proctor exam.

LeonardoV218

Reaction score
Cannot afford the time to study for so long because i also need to work and help my family pay off debt.
Hi not sure how u r doing now. Still the best route is ITE. U can try to apply for OJT on the job training with ITE, u will b paid as u study evening class. At least study till Higher Ntec will be sufficient for a decent pay of $2K and above. If u work hard enough u will get pay increment. Don't waste time on private diploma or comptia certifications no used want n even u can get hired ur pay also lower than a Nitec graduate. Trust me.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, are you working in an IT position now? Just curious to know your journey
i switched from doing admin and claims to IT. started as helpdesk, then during covid many companies were hiring security role. now i have cissp.

a better route from what i observe is to get ccna, do network a few years then do security if you are interested.

liewhl

Reaction score
i think red alpha can also be a good route
i switched from doing admin and claims to IT. started as helpdesk, then during covid many companies were hiring security role. now i have cissp.

a better route from what i observe is to get ccna, do network a few years then do security if you are interested.
i think red alpha cyber route can be another option in the market right now if any people want to piovt into cyber.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think red alpha can also be a good route

i think red alpha cyber route can be another option in the market right now if any people want to piovt into cyber.
The tests can be difficult. 3 rounds plus interview. Best if you can program.

Otherwise, ownself study cissp + oscp better.

liewhl

Reaction score
The tests can be difficult. 3 rounds plus interview. Best if you can program.

Otherwise, ownself study cissp + oscp better.
Yeah is not ez but passing oscp and cissp is not ez. Either way need to put in some hard work.

darkmilk

Reaction score

do you know of any recommendation for a path which eventually lead to a cloud role?

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do you know of any recommendation for a path which eventually lead to a cloud role?
I have a few friends doing cloud and they have different ways

One has it degree and azure certificate. His job was just to manage intranet sites. he got lucky, most slack job.

Another has it degree and AWS Certified Solutions Architect. He look for jobs postings requiring that. did a few cloud deployment projects. mainly involved in many day 0 and later maintenance phase.

Another has diploma in it only. work as research support and kena arrow to move on prem instances to aws. He self studied and do trial and error. once everything up and running, has a flexible work schedule

Another one has it degree, cissp and ccsp. Side role is to check the security posture of cloud deployment and do regular security testing.

Last edited:

darkmilk

Reaction score
Cloud has many paths, what kind of role are you looking for ?
But take note that some amount of coding is involved.
Hi Simon, I am aspiring towards Cloud Operations Engineer or Cloud Sales and Marketing Professional as a first role, eventually leading to Cloud Architect, Cloud Security or presales role.

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Simon, I am aspiring towards Cloud Operations Engineer or Cloud Sales and Marketing Professional as a first role, eventually leading to Cloud Architect, Cloud Security or presales role.
My TFIP classmate just move on to a cloud pre sales/account support role which is not related to AWS but is another cloud product from HP.
He did AWS CP, AWS SA and kubernetes.
Think he was hired because of his previous account management experience in IBM and his kubernetes certification.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.