Possible to pursue Higher Nitec with low Nitec GPA?

Lysandius

Reaction score
I’m currently having a short break before my graduation next year February in ITE CE as a Nursing student. I’ve learnt a lot of new things throughout these past 2 years but I realised that I just barely passed for all of my class tests and exams which I ended up with a 2.1 GPA. I regretted mixing around with this group of friends of mine which most of them dropped out/retain during Year 1. It’s my own fault for not picking the right friends from the beginning and I guess I can’t do anything much right now other then to wait for my graduation cert.

I need advices on what should I do after getting my results during graduation, should I just apply for Higher Nitec first with my 2.1 GPA? I don’t really think I can pursue to Higher Nitec from Nursing since most of the cut off point under Healthcare related courses is 2.8 and 2.3 for like 2 courses. Should I try appealing if I’m not accepted into the course that I want to enter? And is it possible if I were to join Engineering from Healthcare?

Last edited:

Idme231

Reaction score
I’m currently having a short break before my graduation next year February in ITE CE as a Nursing student. I’ve learnt a lot of new things throughout these past 2 years but I realised that I just barely passed for all of my class tests and exams which I ended up with a 2.1 GPA. I regretted mixing around with this group of friends of mine which most of them dropped out/retain during Year 1. It’s my own fault for not picking the right friends from the beginning and I guess I can’t do anything much right now other then to wait for my graduation cert.

I need advices on what should I do after getting my results during graduation, should I just apply for Higher Nitec first with my 2.1 GPA? I don’t really think I can pursue to Higher Nitec from Nursing since most of the cut off point under Healthcare related courses is 2.8 and 2.3 for like 2 courses. Should I try appealing if I’m not accepted into the course that I want to enter? And is it possible if I were to join Engineering from Healthcare?

Why regret when you didn't think about what friends you made are gonna made you do a terrible score?

If you wanna appeal, i can only say that u have less than 50% chance of appealing. And also the minimum GPA is still 2.3 if you wanna progress to higher nitec regardless if its a same or different industry.

Consider this, maybe you might want to do a WLTD or work study diploma since the minimum GPA is 2.0? You can still earn a salary while working and attend school once or twice a week.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.