prepaid 3g data sim card in taipei

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u say "i buy 6 cards" lar. haha

anyway need age requirement? read somewhere need above 21 years old?

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if im going with 6 friends, and all of us want to buy.. does tat means all 6 of us must bring ic or one ic will do?
1 ic for 1 card
but they oso got 1 pax own couple of line subscription but tat is for normal sim card plan, prepaid card dun haf
but den since we r buying from using foreign documents, might approve

dereklim1985

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 ic for 1 card
but they oso got 1 pax own couple of line subscription but tat is for normal sim card plan, prepaid card dun haf
but den since we r buying from using foreign documents, might approve

I asked there, they able to do it for me and my friends just using 1 IC...but that is for taiwan mobile...dont know about others...

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I asked there, they able to do it for me and my friends just using 1 IC...but that is for taiwan mobile...dont know about others...
i supposed only airport can...
cos 2004 a-bian changed the law as many conners used multiply card to con ppl.
if u go normal telecom shop/counter, they will ask for ur Taiwan resident documents

stardustali

Reaction score
by the way, if i were to get the card with data plan, is the reception good enough to use google maps?

also, if i were to go to places like alishan and cingjing, would the cell phone reception be good enough for me to make calls [cus i need to contact the minsu owners]?

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
by the way, if i were to get the card with data plan, is the reception good enough to use google maps?

also, if i were to go to places like alishan and cingjing, would the cell phone reception be good enough for me to make calls [cus i need to contact the minsu owners]?

in taipei, it has better reception than singapore network... i am not sure about alishan and cingjing...

gameboyz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i reached airport at midnight... the shops all close alr... can i buy fromj 7-11 or what? :s11:

chunxi

Reaction score
just got back from taiwan
at t2, just come out of arrival and turn left can see all the telecos
got the chunghwa 7d for $450, the free 1 day depend on what time you reach taiwan as it only start counting the next day
the reception is quite good all around taiwan as i went for 8d round taiwan tour from taipei to the cat stone. i using usb dongle with my laptop on the tour bus and can work quite well.
only place a little bit weak is tai-lu-ge as the whole place is marble stone cliff and cave but still better than the other telecos which don't even have a signal.

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just got back from taiwan
at t2, just come out of arrival and turn left can see all the telecos
got the chunghwa 7d for $450, the free 1 day depend on what time you reach taiwan as it only start counting the next day
the reception is quite good all around taiwan as i went for 8d round taiwan tour from taipei to the cat stone. i using usb dongle with my laptop on the tour bus and can work quite well.
only place a little bit weak is tai-lu-ge as the whole place is marble stone cliff and cave but still better than the other telecos which don't even have a signal.
quite true,chungwah got the best signal among all

andrewkb

Reaction score
thanks bro! but i cant read chinese... can anyone help to translate?

0530-8.gif

Question:
1) The days are consecutive right ? Meaning, if I start on a Monday, by Friday, it'll expires ? Or it goes by 24hr usage , meaning I can use on Mon, Wed, Fri and considered as 3 days?

2) The activation starts on the first usage ?

estella85

Reaction score
hi all,

sorry for asking noob question.

when you all buy the sim card (with data and voice), is there such service to divert your SG sim calls and sms to the taiwan line? Or you all bring a spare phone just for the sg sim card? Or divert the calls to the taiwan number?

for iphone users: do you still have to register for whatsapp after changing to taiwan sim card? or you need to give your frens the taiwan number so that they can whatsapp u?

Will tethering work ? I'm planning to use the data from my iphone and connect to my laptop using taiwan sim card.

Thanks=:p

albertchng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

sorry for asking noob question.

when you all buy the sim card (with data and voice), is there such service to divert your SG sim calls and sms to the taiwan line? Or you all bring a spare phone just for the sg sim card? Or divert the calls to the taiwan number?

for iphone users: do you still have to register for whatsapp after changing to taiwan sim card? or you need to give your frens the taiwan number so that they can whatsapp u?

Will tethering work ? I'm planning to use the data from my iphone and connect to my laptop using taiwan sim card.

Thanks=:p

Do not divert your SG calls and sms to the Taiwan line. Just bring alone a 2nd phone for your SG sim card if you have international roaming, but bear in mind that you still have to pay for call charges which consist of long distance charges and overseas mobile charges.

Suggest you dont pick up any SG calls on your SG sim card when you are in Taiwan, or else you will cry when you receive your bill.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, by diverting..You are require to pay the telco for the overseas airtime used which isnt any difference from answering on your own phone which is on roaming..

estella85

Reaction score
Yes, by diverting..You are require to pay the telco for the overseas airtime used which isnt any difference from answering on your own phone which is on roaming..

alberchng: thanks for your advice. but bringing another phone is ley chey... haha

Gixxerfied: thanks. but there's no way to divert sms right? only phone calls? or is there any iphone app that can do this?

albertchng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
alberchng: thanks for your advice. but bringing another phone is ley chey... haha

Gixxerfied: thanks. but there's no way to divert sms right? only phone calls? or is there any iphone app that can do this?

Just keep your SG sim card in your bag after you purchased the Taiwan sim. You should just go enjoy your holiday, if you really 放不下 those smses from SG friends, then better dont go holiday.

If money no problem with you, just activate international roaming and use your SG sim card for both voice/sms/data in Taiwan lor.

I remember i went Japan for 2 weeks, a few SMS and 2 short calls cost me extra $90 on my bill month after.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No iPhone apps to do this..But since u're on a holiday, forget those calls or sms..When i went online to post in FB at night after the day out, got blast by my fren on why am i online.. :s13:

The only phone call i make there was a call home to inform my parents that i've reach the place..

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It will work...Are u planning to get a 3G Datasim over at Taipei??

Hotel dont provide free wifi meh?

So the whole of my stay there, i surf on my iphone when i'm back in the room and my gf surfing on her netbook..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.