Prepaid Data Plan for Australia

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am right now back in Melbourne. alot of discount for local sim cards like Telstra and Optus and even MVNO like Boost or Kogan Mobile or Belong.

for me i would say some time is good u can check on your first day the accommodation can help to collect the sim card when using their mailing address.

Personally I did that and save a lot on a good deal like sim card that can buy online and send to any Aussie address.

I will share some current good deals that you can buy and send back to your first-day accommodation address.

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
50% Off - Online Special $40 SIM for $20 Free Delivery
Limited to 1 per customer. Activate on chosen plan within 30 days of purchase. Offer ends 31/10/2019

https://offer.optus.com.au/shop/prepaid/sim-card/40-sim?SID=con:prep:plans:tact:jun18:prep:$40for20:SimSale&_ga=2.40072618.921739463.1572003269-1953828048.1572003269&_gac=1.241954486.1572079364.EAIaIQobChMI14GB-cO55QIVRx0rCh0AlgkIEAAYASAAEgKhpfD_BwE

For forty value there are quite a few plans u can choose from.. those need help can post questions here and i will help out

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Telstra

Pre-Paid SIM Starter Kit
Get 35GB for $25

forty dollar vaue get you 35gb of data

Unlimited calls and texts to standard Australian numbers.

Unlimited standard international calls to 20 destinations.

$10 Extra Credit for international calls and texts, roaming and premium SMS.

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am heading back this weekend from Australia.

Now at Coles having a sale for $30 Value card for $15 dollars.

Those need my help to buy and pass it over to you in Singapore can let me know via pm to coordinate. I am just helping brudders and sistas here to get this deal.

Thank you

Acemandoo

Reaction score
How many GB?

I am heading back this weekend from Australia.

Now at Coles having a sale for $30 Value card for $15 dollars.

Those need my help to buy and pass it over to you in Singapore can let me know via pm to coordinate. I am just helping brudders and sistas here to get this deal.

Thank you

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am heading back to SG. I have my current prepaid card using Telstra 4GX network that is left with 48GB + Unlimited call and text locally in Aussie and back to Singapore and 21 other idd countries including SMS and calls.

The sim will expires on 19 Nov. total have 19 days more. those keen to get the sim from me, please pm me directly. :s12:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am heading back to SG. I have my current prepaid card using Telstra 4GX network that is left with 48GB + Unlimited call and text locally in Aussie and back to Singapore and 21 other idd countries including SMS and calls.

The sim will expires on 19 Nov. total have 19 days more. those keen to get the sim from me, please pm me directly. :s12:

The card is register under your passport number right?

ragnarok95

Reaction score
For those that gotten the changi recommend sim card for Aust... you need to enter this into your APN setting in order for it to work.

https://apn-australia.gishan.net/en/apn/lycamobile/ios

Touch down in Aust and cant set up the connection even thought i follow everything as instructed. Chatting with the changi rep yield zero results.

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
anyone recently got telstra card at Perth Airport?

There are no Telstra shops in the airport, however, some of the newsagent/convenience stores may stock some sim cards. They usually won't go on sale, however. Any reason why you must have Telstra?

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are no Telstra shops in the airport, however, some of the newsagent/convenience stores may stock some sim cards. They usually won't go on sale, however. Any reason why you must have Telstra?

On the safer side for better network

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do we need prepaid data cards in oz considering we have m1 data passport or Starhub datatravel?

Posted from PCWX using VOG-L29

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
On the safer side for better network

It will help if you're going to rural places, but the differences are minor if you're not venturing off the beaten track. You can also consider other companies that resell the Telstra network - e.g. Aldi, Woolworths, Belong which uses the Telstra wholesale network (almost as good as the retail one which Telstra mostly keeps for themselves).

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
It will help if you're going to rural places, but the differences are minor if you're not venturing off the beaten track. You can also consider other companies that resell the Telstra network - e.g. Aldi, Woolworths, Belong which uses the Telstra wholesale network (almost as good as the retail one which Telstra mostly keeps for themselves).

do we need prepaid data cards in oz considering we have m1 data passport or Starhub datatravel?

Data roaming will work fine, and they both connect to Telstra. Only reason you might want a sim is you want/need to have a local phone number.

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.changirecommends.com/de...GzKK911bExMioDhu5b7Qs_WtrEQkDDL7jdQZ-2SeWmZ6U

20190903143602WT8I8K3S5SY3G_hero.jpg

I bought this SIM card by Telstra from Changi Recommends.
Will be using it soon.
Should be good since it is Telstra.

Previously I used Starhub prepaid SIM card.
However it auto log onto Vodafone which has quite bad signals at some area eg in basement and I had to manually switch to Telstra, which is a hassle.

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
However it auto log onto Vodafone which has quite bad signals at some area eg in basement and I had to manually switch to Telstra, which is a hassle.

I would just force it onto Telstra and leave it there (Android has that option, at least). There's nothing to gain by using Vodafone at all when you have access to Telstra. From my office in the CBD, Vodafone 4G is slower than 3G for most of the day.

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If not I will go for optus? That is ok also right actually

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
If not I will go for optus? That is ok also right actually

Optus is the next best after Telstra. They are also building their network in rural areas, and is much better value for money. Other companies that resell the Optus network gets full access as well, unlike Telstra where some parts of the network is locked out and kept to themselves (except 1 other reseller).

correct

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.