Prism+ TV

MoyoCase

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeap MY Sony Android 40" TV Died , and replaced with this ...
Pros: Cheap.
Cons. HDR is really extreme , need to manual cool it down . Problem is HDMI input color is the way I like it after adjust, but the Digital TV color runs ...
Cons. Picture is extreme sharp. I mean all human face looks horrible. Like never put on make up. can see all wrinkles on the faces ... tone the sharpness down but ... background become blur ... hmm , Think no AI Running... just a simple Big LED Panel ..
Cons. Today I found out another Issue , my TV keep turning it self on. and someone is trying to pair ( Bluetooth) with it. Turn my TV off and Tried to pair with my Iphone , yeap .. IT turn on, No Option to turn auto wake - bluetooth Off, only some options for network auto wake off .
Cons: Sounds are horrible.
Cons: Tried to email to the customer service. and just got a generic reply ... say will chk in 2 -3 days ..
Conclusions : Regret getting this , but i guess I got what I paid for...... better spending a bit more and get a better model.
If i am not wrong this prism tv

1) does not have a manual anywhere u can download. We cant see what options and settings it has to determine what technologies are built into it.

2) its specs do not say what CPU or whether it can do 4k Upscale (*note this upscaling to normal content to 4k is done by specialized cpus or engines like e..g Triluminos and X-Reality Engine , Philips p5 engine ect). my guess it doesnt. Just one giant LED PC monitor which accepts and displays whatever fed into it?

3) major brands are definitely better than this prism

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This TV is mediocre. i pity those getting it.

wahlaueh888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was keen to consider their 86" TV going for around 3K, but wanted to see the picture quality with my own eyes before committing.

so I go online their website to chat, but I am told due to covid restrictions their showroom is closed and I cannot view. I told him but I can go into Harvey Norman or best Denki any day and view freely, so whats the issue ?

I get a curt "sorry cannot help you", ie if u prepared not buy unit unseen then dont buy...

I find this seriously hard to believe, are they trying to hide something ?:unsure:
Sounds like chao ah beng furniture or hp shop, f up attitude n dun ask too many questions if not buying... Not surprised..

chenliling

Reaction score
prism-01.jpg

anyone seen the real thing?
any review or 1st impressions?

moi haben got teh time to drop by suntec today
I have one, its good. but I never seen these models before normally their models are something like this

PRISM+ Q55-QE.​

Check the official website

murphyslaw

Reaction score
All reviews are subjective and what I see / hear won't be the same as you. Having said that, the 196 reviews on the website caught my attention.

5 Stars 190 (97%)
4 Stars 5 (3%)
3 Stars 1 (1%)
2 Stars Nobody
1 Stars Nobody

Prism have done the impossible, created the almost PERFECT TV, these are numbers other manufacturers can only dream of. Never in the history of manufacturing ANY product, even a simple thing like a spoon has 97% total satisfaction been achieved...

dtarchon

Reaction score
I gave it a one star review for a good reason, for its poor customer support when it broke down last year and it just broke down again during its warranty period.

I don't need to say more. Don't ever buy from this brand. Btw, my one star review was not posted on their website. Nice..

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
They have now move to using oled panel and even soundbar. Very aggressive move.

Yup, very aggressive.

However, the value-ish proposition is a little lost at these price points where one tends to start to consider other attributes and not just about the price.

That said, if one just wants the cheapest OLED option right now, Prism+ has done that.

saggice

Reaction score
so many people in Singapore using Prism as their main TV now

Bumperbee88

Reaction score
Sounds like chao ah beng furniture or hp shop, f up attitude n dun ask too many questions if not buying... Not surprised..
Well, everything comes with a price tag. Global brands are paying premium to shop owners and advertisements. Actually the manufacturing of TV itself very cheap. I estimate, an overall manufacturing cost is roughly USD200 for a 65", and the rest is providing warranty, logistics , storage, distributors, shop owners and advertisements.
If you look at Prism+ , it cuts almost all expenses, except warranty and logistics cost.

Prism+ are more for tech-savvy and cost-savvy buyers. In fact all components are same inside, except mainly the panel. Panel that Prism+ used, suspect as of standards that do not meet the higher-end panel testing specifications, during the manufacturing process. This does not mean, that the panel is faulty. and to be sure. the panel use by Prism+ does not affect an human eye viewing quality. Sound quality wise is as go as/or close to the premium brands. If you look at the sound and imaging algorithms, they are mostly licensing from Dolby vision , Dolby Atmos , DTS and so on. This goes same to the global premium brands.

So the moral is , why spend so much for a TV, on average last for only 5-7 years? To me, Prism+ will do the job.. Not forgetting , the warranty is 3 years.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.