Prof Tambyah: When we stop linking cases, perhaps we accept that the virus is everywhere and we can loosen up some restrictions

FrostyBunBun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
C7-D0194-E-3-BA9-4208-A61-E-96-A59-CE0-DA1-E.gif

tJ3333

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Virus is everywhere, so we should loosen restrictions.

WTF is he talking about.

fox1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling the infectious disease experts on EDMW have different opinions.

:)

MatrixFanatic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It makes less sense to differentiate between linked and unlinked Covid-19 cases as Singapore moves to treating the disease as endemic, and shifting the focus from this means resources can be better used elsewhere, public health and infectious disease experts said following the Ministry of Health's announcement that it would stop publicising the number of cases with no known connections.

Linking cases helps the authorities know which disease clusters are likely to become "explosive", said Professor Paul Tambyah, president of the Asia-Pacific Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infection, on Thursday(Sept 9).

But if Singapore accepts that the coronavirus is "well and truly endemic" - just like diseases such as dengue or tuberculosis - this number becomes less relevant.

He pointed out that the country does not distinguish between linked and unlinked cases for other endemic diseases, although it does track clusters - especially among vulnerable groups.

"When we stop linking cases, perhaps we accept that the virus is everywhere and we can loosen up some restrictions," Prof Tambyah said.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...d-and-unlinked-covid-19-cases-when-disease-is

I'm glad that oppies like Prof Tambyah don't oppose for the sake of it. There's actually some hope for oppies in Sinkieland!

ocs_woodlands

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most of them are foreign workers and they were infected with original variant.

The old people who got it died and cases are rising in the world, and got new variants coming up
OK. let's be even more specific and make the nos look worse for covid19 as a "fatal" disease.

do you know that 98000+ cases of FW were NOT included in the 70000 cases,? these 98000 cases were not tested by PCR and hence Not included in official tally.

BUT serology tests revealed they had covid19 antibodies which only meant 1 thing...

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ave-had-a-covid-19-infection-say-manpower-and
so the actual fatality rate is 57 out of 168000 infections in SG.

Now even if we only look at 2021
the no of deaths (i can't remember for certain) this year is about 27 or so ( I think last year was 30 deaths). the no of infections this year is about 15000 to 20000.

again - take 27 out of 15k or 20k. what have we got? a fatality rate of 0.18% or 0.135%.

do you really think ots even worthwhile going through 2021 or the future with all this cr.ap for a disease with a fatality rate of 0.135 to 0.18%????

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score
OK. let's be even more specific and make the nos look worse for covid19 as a "fatal" disease.

do you know that 98000+ cases of FW were NOT included in the 70000 cases,? these 98000 cases were not tested by PCR and hence Not included in official tally.

BUT serology tests revealed they had covid19 antibodies which only meant 1 thing...

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ave-had-a-covid-19-infection-say-manpower-and
so the actual fatality rate is 57 out of 168000 infections in SG.

Now even if we only look at 2021
the no of deaths (i can't remember for certain) this year is about 27 or so ( I think last year was 30 deaths). the no of infections this year is about 15000 to 20000.

again - take 27 out of 15k or 20k. what have we got? a fatality rate of 0.18% or 0.135%.

do you really think ots even worthwhile going through 2021 or the future with all this cr.ap for a disease with a fatality rate of 0.135 to 0.18%????

exactly right.

that is why it is senseless to have all sorts of measures just for a disease that has less effects than
pneumonia
influenza
etc etc

if anything, all we need to do is to tighten measures for the unvaxxed

for the vaxxed, its basically mostly flu, or even no feeling

lexuss

Reaction score
What Paul said makes perfect sense. We need to move on and cannot look back, jitao open up.
Yes. It make sense. But to open up, with forced weekly testing, forced vaccine, see vaccine status, don't make sense.

I agreed just opened up as said. Those like to test or vaccine leave it to individual choice..no separation of vax or unvax. Everyone have a responsible to take care their own health .we are educated bunch unlike third world country

fox1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. It make sense. But to open up, with forced weekly testing, forced vaccine, see vaccine status, don't make sense.

I agreed just opened up as said. Those like to test or vaccine leave it to individual choice..no separation of vax or unvax. Everyone have a responsible to take care their own health .we are educated bunch unlike third world country

Let RedRedWhine explain to you 😷

T8onMRg.png

:)

Bunknifer

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously, he is a Prof ?!?

he making statement comparing COVID analogy to Dengue ???

one is can be traced by linking the spread of virus … one is mossy cause not by humans spreading.

does he knows what he is saying bo.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.