Property advice needed

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
my friendly advise is, dont get your bro involved.. firstly 5 yrs MOP, alot of things can change within 5 mths, wat more 5 yrs.. wat if your bro is in financial difficulties and want to sell the flat before MOP ? or what if he decided to get married and want to buy their own home? not to mention all the costs incurred for him .. best is to rent your own place.. and sell ur condo when no more SSD etc..

Taloona

Master Member
Reaction score
I find that many people often want to involve their close relatives in property purchase because :

1) They don't have enough money.
2) They want to save money eg wait for prices to go up, to save on legal fees, stamp duty fees etc.

If it is #1, buy a property within your means. If it is #2, don't make use of others just so that you can save money. If you really have to suffer some losses, so be it. Don't burden your close relatives with this kind of obligations. Sometimes, your close relatives may oblige without thinking of the heavy consequences that come with such a heavy commitment.

䏣炆玧示老太

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my friendly advise is, dont get your bro involved.. firstly 5 yrs MOP, alot of things can change within 5 mths, wat more 5 yrs.. wat if your bro is in financial difficulties and want to sell the flat before MOP ? or what if he decided to get married and want to buy their own home? not to mention all the costs incurred for him .. best is to rent your own place.. and sell ur condo when no more SSD etc..
definitely agree to rent another flat to stay.
want to fry pls gamble professionally like a true gambler
buy 2 condos 1 under each name,wait for TOP asset appreciation then sell off to 2nd tier passive income seeker to rent it out.
ownself rent a landed house to stay very big very cheap

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.