Property agents of Singapore

Luc777

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently wanted to buy 3rd properties using my MIL name. As mIL is first time buyer for HDB she is entitled some grants and we needed to know some rules and regulations too. The problem was the agent was not aware of all the details and so on + we ware tied down to 5 years by hdb as my father bought a 2rm using our address . Lots of constrains and so on for my MIL. Ended up we had to follow up and called hdb.

I do agreed hdb is not an easy deal as hdb is not very clear and information provided on the HDB internet may not be detailed . CS from HDB needed to consult another party and we had to write in to get the black and white
i already told my client at the start i did not want to take up their case as im not familiar with hdb and asked them to diy to save money liao.

so kind of managed their expectations. but there were really nice and understanding.

ya. there was alot of ding dong with hdb and the waiting time can be frustrating because that's all we can do.

danguard

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
must see how young u are and have car to travel around also

danguard

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not an agent but from what i heard, when times are bad it's really damn hard to make a sale and earn commission. being an agent now seems very attractive cos the market also very robust. but if got cooling measures (which may or may not be happening soon), the market's gonna be affected, just like every time cooling measures are announced. so best to have it as a side hustle first to test water

the competition i heard very stiff and the RES exam like not good enough to prevent or screen pple into the industry i feel

danguard

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im doing this full time

i second phoenix's suggestion

but of course still depends on your own situation

if you young, no commitments want pia, all in full time might get you results faster too since you have sales exp

but if you have family commitments etc, discuss with your family first

because you need to consider that other than the main source of income, you are also losing out on the employer's cpf, annual bonus etc

if you are financially comfortable at the moment and you can tank for at least a good 6 months, i will say you should be relatively ok to tide it out during the initial stages

those millionaire stories can be a source of motivation but

i will say to be more grounded and if you really do reach there level, take it as a bonus and congratulations :)

first few months might be tough because of the capital outlay

a guru account will set you back around 2k for the lower tier one and there's still 99.co, srx, edgeprop etc
and depending on how you use the credits, it's like a p2w system to me. should be relatable if you are into gacha games :s13:

add on the registration fees, expenses such as client relationships, advertising fees (depending on what type of channels you are looking at), i will say a good 5 to 10k minimally can go to annual expenses

of course the good side is the flexibility and if you work hard enough (or get lucky), work 3 months can chill whole year. :s13:

meaning, the flip side might happen too. you might go through a drought for a period if times are bad

for myself, im not a satki agent by any means. my family background is ok in the sense that i dont really have to help out much, so if i can get by with a monthly nett of 3-4k after deducting all expenses, im good

really depends on your personal contentment level

just my 2 cents

owners and would be buyers are more savvy now and they can also use internet do own research and contact the sellers themselves to clinch the deal without agent, esp if buyer of pte condo ppty

Biggiepro

Reaction score
i think this period, just do something you like. be positive, and wait for the shitty period to go away.

BlackStar00

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Better do on the side first. My commission from Penrose sale took a total of 9+ months to come in....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.