Providend giving 50% commission rebate on all insurances

chanweijie

Reaction score
Providend giving 50% commission rebate on insurances

It is advertised in the Invest section of Sunday Times!

Last edited:

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interesting. And they provide financial advise with the commission rebate too.

Darkzi0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went to their webpage... still dosnt really understand.

m i rite to say that only term plans are eligible for the 50% rebate?
which insurer plans can they recommend?
do i have to pay a fee for their recommendation?

chanweijie

Reaction score
Hi Darkzi0n,

The answers to your questions can be found in the FAQ page.

Providend is a partner with most of the major life insurers in Singapore such as NTUC, Aviva, Tokio Marine, HSBC, AXA, etc.

Hope that helps! :)

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just when FSM withdrew their insurance business :s13:

Motherliquor.P

Reaction score
Anyone has tried providend services before? Met their agents? Seems like a good deal

orientexpress

Reaction score
did check out their website and FAQ just now. will call tomorrow to find out more. looks interesting :D

Pika mianbao

Master Member
Reaction score
they don't sell whole life, no endowment and no hospital plan. they selling term or ILP only?????

chanweijie

Reaction score
Providend is a strong advocate of term and definitely do not sell ILP.

This is what I found in the Providend web site: Frequently Asked Questions | Providend

Whole-life.jpg

endowment%2520and%2520hospitalisation.jpg

Last edited:

WindBoi

Reaction score
it will be best if chanweijie declare whether he has an affiliation with Providend

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Providend can cut rebate insurance commission but raise financial advisory fees or other sort of fees. What's the point?

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Providend can cut rebate insurance commission but raise financial advisory fees or other sort of fees. What's the point?

From what I read and understand, Providend will not charge advisory fees. They get the sales commissions only. Can the guy from Providend clarify please?

Darkzi0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

bythesea

Reaction score
Providend is still charging an advisory fee, but it isn't charged upfront, instead the fees are offset against the commissions received. In a nutshell, there is no cash outflow required to engage Providend, and clients will still get minimum 50% rebate in the commissions.

See Insurance Planning Service | Providend and Frequently Asked Questions | Providend

What was Providend's usual practice before this promotion?
Charging an advisory fee and pocketing the commissions received from the insurance companies?

chanweijie

Reaction score
wat if advise liao i dun wan buy? need to pay fee?

There is no need to pay fees if you do not wish to go ahead with the recommendation. For the insurance planning service, Providend has redesigned the payment scheme from upfront to offset against commission. Based on past experiences, due to the rigor of Providend's analysis and advice, cases of people with genuine needs not taking up our recommendations are far and few. As such, Providend is willing to take this business risk in order to allow more people to access Providend's services.

Here is a screenshot from the FAQ page: Frequently Asked Questions | Providend

Commission.jpg

chanweijie

Reaction score
What was Providend's usual practice before this promotion?
Charging an advisory fee and pocketing the commissions received from the insurance companies?

The usual practice is to charge an upfront fee and rebate 100% of the commissions received.

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We cannot expect Providend to be totally transparent on their fee/commission structure. But as a profit-making entity, I will expect them to cut here, add there on their pricing structure. Cut commission which is totally transparent, add fees which is more opaque and likely to go undetected by clients.

lumueh

Reaction score
klarklar, think you missed the point. There is no upfront fees as mentioned for this insurance service. It is quite straightforward I think. You buy what you need, you get a min 50% rebate.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.