Proxy setting reverts back after logoff/login or reboots

RyuOrKen

Reaction score
Good Day Everyone

As mentioned in subject above, proxy setting I trying to change is:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ProxySettingsPerUser

it kept on revert to 0 after I logoff / reboots

When this setting reverts, I can't login to websites which use reCAPTCHA , e.g. HWZ Forums, Dropbox , paykickstart.

I'm using MS Windows 10 Home.

Thank you vvv much in advance

RyuOrKen

Reaction score
bump bump

the issue still persist , any1 encounter this too? how to resolve?

uncle_josh

Reaction score
Try RunnerScanner
RunScanner is a freeware windows system utility which scans your system for all running programs, autostart locations, drivers, services and hijack points.

You can use Runscanner to detect changes and misconfigurations in your system caused by spyware, virusses or human errors.

RyuOrKen

Reaction score
Try RunnerScanner
RunScanner is a freeware windows system utility which scans your system for all running programs, autostart locations, drivers, services and hijack points.

You can use Runscanner to detect changes and misconfigurations in your system caused by spyware, virusses or human errors.

didn't really help leh , got other alternatives?

tsteo77

Reaction score
Have you try refresh/reset your pc ? Control panel > system and security.

RyuOrKen

Reaction score
Have you try refresh/reset your pc ? Control panel > system and security.
nope , other than this , anything else I can do?

i tot of running a startup batch script to edit the registry , is it possible?

tsteo77

Reaction score
I not sure about using startup batch scrip to edit registry. It seem something is wrong with your hardware setup or software setting/os that causes this problem. BTW what browser are you using and is it able to setup proxy ? And does the proxy setting stick if you enter it manually in > settings > network & internet > proxy > manual proxy setup ?

RyuOrKen

Reaction score
I not sure about using startup batch scrip to edit registry. It seem something is wrong with your hardware setup or software setting/os that causes this problem. BTW what browser are you using and is it able to setup proxy ? And does the proxy setting stick if you enter it manually in > settings > network & internet > proxy > manual proxy setup ?
I using Chrome , Edge.

nope , the setting doesn't stick , most likely becoz it's a ISO & CD key I bought from a legit website.

looks like I have to live with it.

tsteo77

Reaction score
I see, if you need the proxy so much, both firefox and vivaldi browser has built in proxy function.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.