PSA: Buying or considering a Samsung QLED? Here's my experience

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would say other than luck it's sometimes also 一分钱一分货. My Sony 55w904A which I passed to my in laws after upgrading, is about 1 year younger than my 10 year old son. It still looks like it's brand new and the picture is still fantastic with deep blacks. I suppose it's also because they are more selective in the parts for higher end products.

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
my sony panel also gonna gone liao after just 5yrs. depends one la.

zhengjian

Reaction score
Think currently alot of samsung TV damaged? Mine was spoiled 2 times within a year. The first being rectified promptly without issue. However this time round the service repair was very bad. Here's the event:

22apr: TV out of sudden cannot power on.
25 apr: eng came and diagnosed to be led panel, however there is no stock. Mentioned parts will arrive on 27 Apr and will follow up.
27 apr: called service center as there was no call from them and was inform they will follow up.
29apr: called them again and was informed parts will only be arriving on 03 May.
04may: called a few times as there was no call from them, mentioned that parts had been handed over the service center on 02may and they will arrange repair.
06may: till date no calls from them

Does anyone experience such service from them or led panel damaged thats fast within a year?

zhengjian

Reaction score
Lol called again today as there is no news, the customer service can't do anything as its supposed to be followed up by service department. Does anyone experience this? Seems like they do not want to repair

spuispui

Reaction score
Lol called again today as there is no news, the customer service can't do anything as its supposed to be followed up by service department. Does anyone experience this? Seems like they do not want to repair
I had an encounter with them before but no on tv. The most effective way is to write what you experienced in their Facebook and they will get back to you shortly. Their after sales service is terrible and this is the only time I wrote complaint in fb.

xiangzeng

Reaction score
Looking up at details of hisense.com ULED 4k tv on its webpage. Shows promising features of the U7G. Good that I do not have any products made by sunksung. They do not have long useful product life. Actively searching for the replacement tv in case the year 2018 sony tv goes on strike.

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
my samsung Qled also spoilt after 3 years 2 mths where the panel came off the frame. Had to use a scotch tape to tape the panel to the frame.

moral of story : always always buy extended warranty
I avoid Samsung. Quality not good. Go for Sony Phillips.

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Basically Sony dont make their own panel anymore especially lower end model.

My mum's Sony $1k+ Smart TV (50"?) also died after 2 years. Unbelievable.

I bought a non-smart 40" TV that is still going strong after 8 years, and another similar one that is also still going strong after 4 years. They are there for so long that I have forgotten which brands.

It looks like smart TVs don't last.

zhengjian

Reaction score
Samsung tv really have quality and customer service issue. After my TV led panel arrived and fixed, my TV speaker have issue.

Called them in Thursday to arrange eng to come in on sat 9 to 12 am slot but the eng didn't call or arrive. I called service center and mentioned they will ask the eng to call me. Really disappointing that 1 year old TV spoiled within 3 times

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
I believe their quality dropping over the years .
I also would go for LG Sony if you want premium reliable brands.
The Samsung phone also spoil fast. Using Redmi Xiaomi u til now no problem the battery also still healthy

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Samsung phone also spoil fast. Using Redmi Xiaomi u til now no problem the battery also still healthy
My experience with Samsung phones is that the battery can last about 2+ years... I'm still my Galaxy Note8 with one battery replacement done by a third party using a third party battery... 2 years since the replacement and it's $40 well spent... the phone is still working perfectly... just not as fast as say my wife's phone which is a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra... but then I only text and make calls... heh...

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even their computer hardware now sucky .

SD gen 1 and sd888 ruined by crappy sub quality wafer manufacture by Samsung resulting in heating problems that affects performance.

Samsung big company but nowadays products overly pricey and corruption seems rampant inside the company.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.