[PSA] Please post responsibly to avoid misleading others

Senna Wales

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remember a time where people didn't believe everything they read on the Internet, and that they knew how to fact check themselves, "Wikipedia is not a source". Now it's all taking things at face value and crying "fake news" and then be shocked that things are not always 100% accurate.

Our society has gone backwards.

ANY5eZ4.png

bighead9n

Reaction score
I got threaten by a user say that i spread FAKE NEWS and the NEWS had been reported as fake and i still sharing + he threaten me to police and lawsuit.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/glgt-21-workers-locked-1-room-tuas-workers-abused-dorm-management-can-report-6268496.html#post126646713

Today someone post in his thread related to my thread:

Link:

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/dorm-operator-who-locked-migrant-workers-room-given-%91stern-warning%92-mom-police-investigating-6269499-3.html

So the case turn out to be REAL.

My question is

Is it right to threaten someone with police + lawsuit and claim the news is FAKE when he don't bother to check first?

I hope someone can clean this mess.

Thank you.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got threaten by a user say that i spread FAKE NEWS and the NEWS had been reported as fake and i still sharing + he threaten me to police and lawsuit.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/glgt-21-workers-locked-1-room-tuas-workers-abused-dorm-management-can-report-6268496.html#post126646713

Today someone post in his thread related to my thread:

Link:

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/dorm-operator-who-locked-migrant-workers-room-given-%91stern-warning%92-mom-police-investigating-6269499-3.html

So the case turn out to be REAL.

My question is

Is it right to threaten someone with police + lawsuit and claim the news is FAKE when he don't bother to check first?

I hope someone can clean this mess.

Thank you.

You don't need to worry if the news doesn't harm the public or government.

Just my 2 cents.

But you have raised awareness so I guess MOM had investigated.

bighead9n

Reaction score
You don't need to worry if the news doesn't harm the public or government.

Just my 2 cents.

But you have raised awareness so I guess MOM had investigated.

Nothing to worry but is it okay for someone threaten other with police + lawsuit and die die say that NEWS is fake but end up is REAL?

If it is okay then i will close my mouth already. :s22::s22::s22:

Link:

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/126614875-post4.html

Important Q: Is it allow? If you look at his sentence.... seem like he already knew the case so very confident in writing like this.

EDIT:

So he say that this news have been reported as FAKE and TS still sharing.

Will be reporting to police for lawsuit evidence.

Mean that he is involved in this case or trying to cover up the case by shut me up?

Last edited:

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
[EDMW] Posting responsibly during the Singapore General Elections Period

Please also note the following advisements applicable during the GE period which we've also updated in the first post:-

Upon the issuance of writ of elections, please be advised that all of the following discussion types are disallowed for the duration of the election period and offending threads/posts will be removed: -

1. Polls/surveys of political parties

This means that once it is announced that election is open, you cannot do a straw poll of how the voters in a particular constituency may vote, whether such a poll is done over the telephone or in person. This is because the poll results might influence the voters.

2. Statements, forecasts and estimated of voting that may affect voting results

3. Political advertisements
Examples include any poster, banner, notice, circular, handbill, illustration, article, advertisement or other material that is intended to promote electoral success for political candidates or enhance the standing of political parties.

For any further feedback or concerns, please kindly use the Report Post function (available on Desktop mode) within the respective forum post. You may also write in to inform the community manager at membership@hardwarezone.com.sg.

Thank you for making our forum community a meaningful space for discussion and information sharing.

Milo T-REX

Suspended
Reaction score
Guidelines for Cooling-Off Day and Polling Day

Please note that the following will strictly not be allowed on Cooling-off Day and Polling Day (9 & 10 Jul):

· No display of avatar featuring political parties
· No election advertising
· No publication of election surveys and exit polls (i.e. forecasts, including estimates or statement to the result of the election) before the close of all polling stations

Election advertising is defined as any material posted on any platform that is intended to enhance the standing of, or promote electoral success for, an identifiable party or candidate. Posting election advertising on Cooling-Off Day and Polling Day is prohibited, as this campaign silence period is meant to give voters time to reflect rationally on issues raised before going to the polls.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Reaction score
Dear mods, i will like to know which part of my post is not true about India??

Originally Posted by :
Learn what? Drink cow urine and lape culture??

Originally Posted by Kumar Dhilip:
Not surprised. Many people went to India to learn and see the splendor of India. Amdk went to explore just to find a route to trade with it.

The search for the wealth and prosperity of India led to the colonization of the Americas by Christopher Columbus in 1492. Only a few years later, near the end of the 15th century, Portuguese sailor Vasco da Gama became the first European to re-establish direct trade links with India since Roman times by being the first to arrive by circumnavigating Africa (c. 1497–1499). Having arrived in Calicut, which by then was one of the major trading ports of the eastern world

Moowoow

Master Member
Reaction score
Moderator, pl help me delete this thread that I started thanks
'Tiagong bishan sky habitat someone flew down'

lala24

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mod, pls consider banning or locking threads related to the US elections. Several threads/posts appear to be spreading news/videos from unverified sources. Thank you.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mod, pls consider banning or locking threads related to the US elections. Several threads/posts appear to be spreading news/videos from unverified sources. Thank you.

It shouldn't be a concern to us isn't it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.