PSP Leong Mun Wai vs MOF minister Lawrence Wong in Parliament on 14 September 2021 at 1400-0030 hrs

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why are you so caught up with loser ?
Sound like you are pretty insecure.
Why do you need to define winner or loser ?
Is it you are one of them ?
IF you define losers as complaining low SES, no I am not,

I am here to laugh at losers.

EndOfEternity

Master Member
Reaction score
lulz dis ghost to show dat deir addiction ish ober de cliff :s22: :s22:

dunno y but it seems vaguely reminiscent of mj additction :s22: :s22:

theMKR

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never thought our Poly and ITE was first class. Rightfully that Pinoy degrees are comparable to them.

But Local degrees are a different class and they are small in numbers. But I wun hire a Poly/ITE if I cannot get a local degree. I will hire a overseas degree.
small in nunbers? every year 100k from nus, ntu, smu, sutd....

throw a stone.... hit no one, opps moi work in chennai biz park :s13:

fandango

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
REally? I lost his thoughts 5 min into the debate.

Didnt seems like he knows what he talking about.

you guys need to organise it better for him'

He is frantically searching all over EDMW for "facts"
Wah lao, why your reply always must be so aggressive.

Limpeh say it's the framing. PAP frames the debate as racial discrimination. PSP frames the debate as CECA.

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
small in nunbers? every year 100k from nus, ntu, smu, sutd....

throw a stone.... hit no one, opps moi work in chennai biz park :s13:
100k is nothing compared to what the bigger countries like China, India and US produces. Not for forget EMEA region.

I have many friends working in CBP and MBFC. They are always hiring because people are leaving to other banks.

So if you are kept out of this then the only simple reason is Beh KAn.

Isnt that a simple and completely logical reason?

ODACHEK

Banned
Reaction score
Actually beri happy to see long debates between PAP & oppositions, betterer than just following orders from famiLEE in the past...

zphoe222

Reaction score
LW cited the 40-50 age group to be help and that the displaced will Never walk alone and that the pap gov will be there to help!

Good to hear! But please also include thosw 50-60 age group! And it is citizens you should focus on NOT PR or foreigners! Disagree on certain points that it is xenophobia or racist context when these points are raised!!

Democratic countries everywhere in the world, the gov are voted in by its citizens and the gov should focus on the betterment of lives and wellbeing of its citizens!

Underemployment is a big big problem! Couple of citizens who are in their 40s-60s I know of held very senior position in banks, FI and corporations and they were displaced! Their last drawn base salary is very high in the region of 15k to 35k SGD per month!

these are citizens mind you and these people are having difficulty finding jobs! One of them took a 3.5k sgd per month salary contract job to admin work because it was impossible to even land an interview! So, by the employment statistics, he considered "employed"!!

How to discern if he is underemployed?
Look at the past iras tax records!! Look at the salaries from previous jobs! seems Manpower minister said that there is No official international way to measure underemployment!! This is rubbish!

There is no 10 year series model answer then cannot DEAL with the problem???

We pay peanuts we get monkey!
We pay ceo salaries to pap ministers, YES we do expect performance to solve problems! citing that there is no international standard to measure underemployment spells gloom for the people i know!
It is Not acceptable

redorangeyellow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
because the non losers alr have jobs.
Have jobs means not loser? Drive grab for life also means not loser?

If govt policies work for singaporeans, would most of them need to resort to this kind of low-skilled deadend jobs? Food delivery? Taxi/grab?

If singapore's education system works in preparing citizens for the jobs which are relevant and needed in today's society, would so many of them lose out to foreigners with degree mill certs?

theMKR

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
100k is nothing compared to what the bigger countries like China, India and US produces. Not for forget EMEA region.

I have many friends working in CBP and MBFC. They are always hiring because people are leaving to other banks.

So if you are kept out of this then the only simple reason is Beh KAn.

Isnt that a simple and completely logical reason?
if ur frens so eh kan, why not promoted? need to resign?

theMKR

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have jobs means not loser? Drive grab for life also means not loser?

If govt policies work for singaporeans, would most of them need to resort to this kind of low-skilled deadend jobs? Food delivery? Taxi/grab?

If singapore's education system works in preparing citizens for the jobs which are relevant and needed in today's society, would so many of them lose out to foreigners with degree mill certs?
drive grab actually earns more then many other jobs for example, cleaners.

if you want to classify what is loser, need to sort by wages 1st......

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LW cited the 40-50 age group to be help and that the displaced will Never walk alone and that the pap gov will be there to help!

Good to hear! But please also include thosw 50-60 age group! And it is citizens you should focus on NOT PR or foreigners! Disagree on certain points that it is xenophobia or racist context when these points are raised!!

Democratic countries everywhere in the world, the gov are voted in by its citizens and the gov should focus on the betterment of lives and wellbeing of its citizens!

Underemployment is a big big problem! Couple of citizens who are in their 40s-60s I know of held very senior position in banks, FI and corporations and they were displaced! Their last drawn base salary is very high in the region of 15k to 35k SGD per month!

these are citizens mind you and these people are having difficulty finding jobs! One of them took a 3.5k sgd per month salary contract job to admin work because it was impossible to even land an interview! So, by the employment statistics, he considered "employed"!!

How to discern if he is underemployed?
Look at the past iras tax records!! Look at the salaries from previous jobs! seems Manpower minister said that there is No official international way to measure underemployment!! This is rubbish!

There is no 10 year series model answer then cannot DEAL with the problem???

We pay peanuts we get monkey!
We pay ceo salaries to pap ministers, YES we do expect performance to solve problems! citing that there is no international standard to measure underemployment spells gloom for the people i know!
It is Not acceptable
say whatever you want. This is the best we have got.

Anyone who thinks they can do better is welcome to try.

Ec7171

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The point is LMW agreed that some will feel offended. Fact is that is true.
PSP should chose words wisely to avoid it. Thats all what PAP wants. Dont just aim CECA only.

This is a problem. But just because someone earn 15k previously means he can earn 10k forever?
There are many others who is better than you. The world is moving faster than you think.
It is all about what skills , experience you bring to the organization to add value.

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The point is LMW agreed that some will feel offended. Fact is that is true.
PSP should chose words wisely to avoid it. Thats all what PAP wants. Dont just aim CECA only.

This is a problem. But just because someone earn 15k previously means he can earn 10k forever?
There are many others who is better than you. The world is moving faster than you think.
It is all about what skills , experience you bring to the organization to add value.
EDMWers have no idea what you are talking about

zphoe222

Reaction score
say whatever you want. This is the best we have got.

Anyone who thinks they can do better is welcome to try.

this is Singapore
If history serves us, its a one-party rule since independence and Yes it is the best in class gov!

Policies need to be tweaked and mindset of our gov need to understand that as our country grows and our citizens become more affluent, the old ways the gov knows what is good and best for the citizens Do Not work anymore!

"Anyone who thinks they can do better is welcome to try."
Yes, history of the world will show that where there are discontent and unfair treatment to citizens, citizens voices will become louder and it will be heard! One day, another "LKY" in the making who stands by citizens in the opposition will surface but I doubt I can see it in my lifetime.

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is Singapore
If history serves us, its a one-party rule since independence and Yes it is the best in class gov!

Policies need to be tweaked and mindset of our gov need to understand that as our country grows and our citizens become more affluent, the old ways the gov knows what is good and best for the citizens Do Not work anymore!

"Anyone who thinks they can do better is welcome to try."
Yes, history of the world will show that where there are discontent and unfair treatment to citizens, citizens voices will become louder and it will be heard! One day, another "LKY" in the making who stands by citizens in the opposition will surface but I doubt I can see it in my lifetime.
I dun dream or hope for another LKY.

I will be the leader my family needs no matter the circumstances. I dun depend on a government change or hope there is a better one,

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.