Q for guys who are married

straweffigy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
on and off still drive.... taxi market now also quite bad so rather take a break and see how things go from here

how u guys see signature? I can't even see mine

On phone cannot I think. PC/laptop/ipad can

localITguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You sound like older generation 1.. still ancestor tablet sio... nowadays girls where know these dates and things to pray 1
our singapore/chinese culture are starting to fade away... and remeber we can't even speak our own dialects and even standard putong hua properly...

localITguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, to get married is to plan to have kid with your married partner. Just make sure that you don't get married with a Hongkie woman. Si bae beh tahan.
i remember your thread, hongkie woman really that bad? lol

you her DHLM

localITguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My wife and my mindset is: You and me against the world

It feels good to know she has my back, no matter how against the odds.

We are those kind lovely dovely even after we've been tgt very long. We participate actively and wholeheartedly in each other's daily lives. Total 13 years including 5 years married, so far so good.

(Not showing off, just wanna show people that true, unconditional, sustainable love is possible, though it requires a lot of effort)
DURING GE Do u both tick the same box?

daryl76

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
our singapore/chinese culture are starting to fade away... and remeber we can't even speak our own dialects and even standard putong hua properly...
true that... my kids can't have a proper conversation with me in mandarin

Onvalwar

Reaction score
Anyway a bit side track from this thread, there is something called attachment theory which classifies each of us into a few attachment styles, namely Secure, Anxious, Avoidant and Anxious-Avoidant. For single guys reading here, please if possible, avoid getting together with girls with Avoidant or Anxious-Avoidant because your love life will likely get fked. Basically, the Secure one is the one whom once attached, won't think about going for other choices unless you screw up, the Anxious one can be thought as the needy personality, constantly overthinking about the partner, the Avoidant is the one who always complain cannot find the right partner despite having so many choices, and last the Anxious-Avoidant is like rubber band, wanting the partner when thought the partner far from reach but later on distance away from the partner when he/she comes too close.

I read a book on this, and what it says make sense, that the online dating world is dominated by the Avoidants (including Anxious-Avoidant I assume). Because the Secure and Anxious one will settle down quickly when possible (in other words, the good ones get grabbed quite fast e.g. those pri/sec school classmates whom we now look back and think they quite good catch but got attached and married now, or the good ones exit Tinder game quite early because after a while found their partner and never look back), but the other 2 will constantly find themselves single again and be recycled back into the dating pool. Just look at those Tinder chio bus, last time when I was single and using Tinder, I reset my profile once in a while but tended to see the same girls still swiping despite being "above-average". For Anxious-Avoidant style, one typical example is the person come and look for you and make you think got chance, but when you go and find him/her or when close enough, he/her suddenly give you cold shoulder. Then you thought maybe it was yourself overthinking got chance and when you want to give up, that person come back for you again asking for your love, and the cycle repeats. If you are in this situation, I think you better think again whether you want to get mind fked by this person because even if you got together with him/her, you will slowly get drained out by the hot and cold treatment, unless you are the very strong Secure type who manage to change your partner to be Secure like you, as what the book said.

ManOfTheHour

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I rarely see eye to eye with my wife, even with how to raise our child but she has made me more ambitious in life.

ramlee

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Rly strange

What kinda women u all meet in life?

Choose one with good iq and good eq and good upbringing

Then wont have all the adultbaby nonsense
But they won’t choose me :(

localITguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
surprisingly a few of the divorced buddies are "burdened" with the kids now.... the women didn't even wan the kids, the world has changed so those guys here wanna marry for sex, just go find the whores who are ever ready

cos many married men will tell u, regular sex after marriage dun exist in real life cases.... lol
what about for u?

localITguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway a bit side track from this thread, there is something called attachment theory which classifies each of us into a few attachment styles, namely Secure, Anxious, Avoidant and Anxious-Avoidant. For single guys reading here, please if possible, avoid getting together with girls with Avoidant or Anxious-Avoidant because your love life will likely get fked. Basically, the Secure one is the one whom once attached, won't think about going for other choices unless you screw up, the Anxious one can be thought as the needy personality, constantly overthinking about the partner, the Avoidant is the one who always complain cannot find the right partner despite having so many choices, and last the Anxious-Avoidant is like rubber band, wanting the partner when thought the partner far from reach but later on distance away from the partner when he/she comes too close.

I read a book on this, and what it says make sense, that the online dating world is dominated by the Avoidants (including Anxious-Avoidant I assume). Because the Secure and Anxious one will settle down quickly when possible (in other words, the good ones get grabbed quite fast e.g. those pri/sec school classmates whom we now look back and think they quite good catch but got attached and married now, or the good ones exit Tinder game quite early because after a while found their partner and never look back), but the other 2 will constantly find themselves single again and be recycled back into the dating pool. Just look at those Tinder chio bus, last time when I was single and using Tinder, I reset my profile once in a while but tended to see the same girls still swiping despite being "above-average". For Anxious-Avoidant style, one typical example is the person come and look for you and make you think got chance, but when you go and find him/her or when close enough, he/her suddenly give you cold shoulder. Then you thought maybe it was yourself overthinking got chance and when you want to give up, that person come back for you again asking for your love, and the cycle repeats. If you are in this situation, I think you better think again whether you want to get mind fked by this person because even if you got together with him/her, you will slowly get drained out by the hot and cold treatment, unless you are the very strong Secure type who manage to change your partner to be Secure like you, as what the book said.
bro your wall of text WTF. i also dw see. see liao eyes very pain

can TLDR or not walao

Onvalwar

Reaction score
bro your wall of text WTF. i also dw see. see liao eyes very pain

can TLDR or not walao
I already bold up the main summary lol. Read that one can liao, the rest is just explanation for the strong eye power ones.

Vader

Reaction score
I think my wife and kids bring joy to my life. I am grateful for having a wonderful wife. And kids which I am sorry for being short tempered dad. I am not perfect but I try my best for them.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.