Question For People With Recent ICT

jeffthepotato

Reaction score
Hello there, just a minor question for anyone who went back for ICT recently or even this year. Are there any swab test and are they PCR or ART tests? You administer them yourself or someone do it for you? How many are there and roughly how many times do you have to do these tests? Thank you.

Ryuichi

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello there, just a minor question for anyone who went back for ICT recently or even this year. Are there any swab test and are they PCR or ART tests? You administer them yourself or someone do it for you? How many are there and roughly how many times do you have to do these tests? Thank you.

Hi,

I went back recently. There are mandatory ART (provided by SAF) tests just before you In Pro or Book In.

If you happened to book out/nights out during ICT, you need to do ART yourself when booking in again and provide the results to your unit. If you fall sick, the MO will then decide if ART kit first ,or PCR Swab (which they are generally phasing out due to the national policy , this one have to ask our Minister)

All the tests are self-administers.

jeffthepotato

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I remembered early last year there was 2 PCR test conducted for ICT. So this was really recent where is no more PCR test? Thank you.

Ryuichi

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I remembered early last year there was 2 PCR test conducted for ICT. So this was really recent where is no more PCR test? Thank you.

Yeah no more, new doctrine/policy as far as i remember. I guess that what our Health Minister want, is to treat this as a epidemic. To be safe, i suggest you bring a few spare ART kits just to test yourself. It's not uncommon to have covid cases in your unit/platoon right now

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah no more, new doctrine/policy as far as i remember. I guess that what our Health Minister want, is to treat this as a epidemic. To be safe, i suggest you bring a few spare ART kits just to test yourself. It's not uncommon to have covid cases in your unit/platoon right now
to be safe in what sense? safe to others right? not to self. cause testing yourself doesn't prevent yourself from getting it

life_is_crazy

Reaction score
For my ICT last October we need to do ART test on the in-pro day, book in day (our ICT are stay in with only weekend off) and out-pro day. All are self administered and we only need to show the result to the in-charge and sign a form.

Ryuichi

Master Member
Reaction score
to be safe in what sense? safe to others right? not to self. cause testing yourself doesn't prevent yourself from getting it
Testing allow u to self-isolate and prevent more cases of covid.

This is important if the CO is garang to complete the ICT. You are entitled to your opinions, but don't give irresponsible remarks when we are the one looking out for ourselves and our kin, and making the best out of the situation.

Update: Just realised this reddevil is a well-known troll here, will ignore him

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Testing allow u to self-isolate and prevent more cases of covid.

This is important if the CO is garang to complete the ICT. You are entitled to your opinions, but don't give irresponsible remarks when we are the one looking out for ourselves and our kin, and making the best out of the situation.

Update: Just realised this reddevil is a well-known troll here, will ignore him
Ok la. So is to be safe to others. Wasn’t clear.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.