Question on Harry Porter World at USJ

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heard that need express pass 5 or 7 to enter is it becos it usually super packed ?

From the website it seems can get special time slot ticket at the park too for Harry Porter World (free)

And the express pass is usually limited per day as well right ?

They list Chan Brothers as a seller of express pass in Sg.

Anyone bought from them before ?

mynameisjon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My colleague just went there.

This is his description.

"Go there early (2 hours before opening), already got super long queue to buy ticket and enter. Supposedly must get some ticket, but when we go in all the Japanese started running towards the Harry Potter area so we just follow."

agony2

Reaction score
chan brother sell? I asked HIS Travel and was quoted 92 for the express pass 5 for the day I want to go (jan 2nd)

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ensure your entry to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™?Attractions?Universal Studios Japan®

From this link it seems there are limited timed free tickets to enter the Harry Porter World when it get too crowded.

But surely will be gone in a short while unless one is really front of the queue.

Or can buy the express pass, even in advance

Not sure about the price though

Tickets?Universal Studios Japan®

From this link Express pass 5 can range from 4352 to 5741 yen.

But even at 5741 yen it's only S$ 68.5.

So the agency is charging a premium of over S$20

agony2

Reaction score
Nope. Express pass is 6200 yen after including tax for the day I am going. According to the lady, USJ charges different rates for express on certain days -.-

She did informed that there will be handling fee of 700 yen from the japanese agency that will assist to purchase so the $92 comes from that as well. No idea what other handling fee or what is the currency rate.

Last edited:

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope. Express pass is 6200 yen after including tax for the day I am going. According to the lady, USJ charges different rates for express on certain days -.-

She did informed that there will be handling fee of 700 yen from the japanese agency that will assist to purchase so the $92 comes from that as well. No idea what other handling fee or what is the currency rate.

5741 is without tax, after tax it becomes 6200. Think their GST is 8%

Actually no matter high ex, most likely will still buy from them to avoid all the hassle.

The price of the express pass is more ex than the ticket itselg:eek:

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone checked with JTB before whether they sell the express pass for USJ ?

Wei Xiaobao

Reaction score
Heard that need express pass 5 or 7 to enter is it becos it usually super packed ?

From the website it seems can get special time slot ticket at the park too for Harry Porter World (free)

And the express pass is usually limited per day as well right ?

They list Chan Brothers as a seller of express pass in Sg.

Anyone bought from them before ?

Buy in SG before going. I went to USJ 10 minutes before opening time, and the express pass are all sold out. After that, I went direct to get the reservation ticket for Harry Potter Land, but the earliest timing is 2pm. When I was inside Harry Potter Land, the queue for the only ride is estimated to be 4 hours. Imagine how much time you need to wait if you don't have express pass ?

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chan brother sell? I asked HIS Travel and was quoted 92 for the express pass 5 for the day I want to go (jan 2nd)

Is the HIS Travel the one in Tanjong Pagar ?

Call them and they say they don't sell the express pass leh

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Called JTB, they only sell as a package with accomodation etc, not selling the expess pass alone.

HIS travel don't seem to sell

agony2

Reaction score
Yes, the HIS is at Tanjong Pagar. I went down to ask when I was getting my JR pass from them.

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, the HIS is at Tanjong Pagar. I went down to ask when I was getting my JR pass from them.

Strange.
I called them just now and they say don't have

Just emailed them again and waiting for their reply.

Btw did they say got condition like must buy Universal Studio tickets from them ?

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like can buy the express pass at Lawson's convenient stores in Osaka

But must know how to operate the machines in Japanese. And need some L Code (50028) which is available on the website

And the storekeepers there probably also only speak Japanese.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like can buy the express pass at Lawson's convenient stores in Osaka

But must know how to operate the machines in Japanese. And need some L Code (50028) which is available on the website

And the storekeepers there probably also only speak Japanese.
u see if u heng enough to find me loh...

Honda_typeR

Reaction score
Abit confused about the harry potter section at usj.

Just want to check for the basic ticket, is this section included? If it is must u get a timed entry ticket or you can enter anytime u wished?

smi1e84

Reaction score
Just returned from USJ.

1) you can get entrance tickets and express passes from any Lawson in Japan. Use the automated machine to get the tickets instead of queuing at the counter.

2) crowd is like Disney land (avg 2hrs wait time for rides) and 3hrs for Harry potter. The candy shop at the entrance of Harry potter stayed the same (ard 2hrs) during my stay from 1pm till 5:30pm

3) you will need to get time entrance tickets(free, its near the park beside the Hollywood dream ride) if your USJ tickets doesn't come with it. Time tickets will be the time you are allowed entry into Harry potter section. (eg. 14:00 - 14:30) means you can enter anytime between 2-2;30pm.
However, you can stay as long as you like inside.

cormet

Reaction score
All rides other than those in Harry Potter World have single rider line right?

agony2

Reaction score
Strange.
I called them just now and they say don't have

Just emailed them again and waiting for their reply.

Btw did they say got condition like must buy Universal Studio tickets from them ?

They don't sell the express pass direct. Rather, their parent company in Japan will help to buy and send to hotel. Buying from lawson will probably be much cheaper.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.