Realized your new colleague … is an ex convict

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rented to overstayer???? Can elaborate?
2 years ago she got jailed for a few months as her place rented to some overstayer …. Will you discriminate against her? She like quite a nice person leh … will never think that she is an ex convict … no wonder she always dun wanna say why she did’nt work for like close to 2 years

RockiePillow

Master Member
Reaction score
Overstay only mah... is not like she steal your underwear or kill your mother... why cannot give her second chance leh? People overstay is to do proper work like maybe work as retail staff or f&b, i think should give second chance because maybe ahe need money as our currency is stronger than her home country. Unless she overstayed to work as some vice service agent or steal your stuffs or take illegal drugs, then sorry no second chance.

RockiePillow

Master Member
Reaction score
One of my current colleague is an ex convict but he was imprisoned in imh police ward for 2 years mandatory treatment for his continuous attempts to zzz himself while he was in major depression. So this type why cannot give him chance leh??

Mixxxy

Reaction score
TS, was your company aware before they hire her?

Which reminds me, I interviewed someone a few weeks ago, he refused to explain his career gap. Totally refused to. Just said he doesn't want to talk about it. I rejected the hire as I didn't feel good about it.

noname2016

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS, was your company aware before they hire her?

Which reminds me, I interviewed someone a few weeks ago, he refused to explain his career gap. Totally refused to. Just said he doesn't want to talk about it. I rejected the hire as I didn't feel good about it.
I thought if it’s criminal history, they need to declare?

Avant-Garde

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Overstay only mah... is not like she steal your underwear or kill your mother... why cannot give her second chance leh? People overstay is to do proper work like maybe work as retail staff or f&b, i think should give second chance because maybe ahe need money as our currency is stronger than her home country. Unless she overstayed to work as some vice service agent or steal your stuffs or take illegal drugs, then sorry no second chance.

you obviously didn't read the first post or your comprehension is damn cui.

CanIsayNo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Confirm is just due to that reason or got more? I would think people would try to downplay what they did..

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
2 years ago she got jailed for a few months as her place rented to some overstayer …. Will you discriminate against her? She like quite a nice person leh … will never think that she is an ex convict … no wonder she always dun wanna say why she did’nt work for like close to 2 years

jailed for a few months & she sulked not wanting to work for like close to 2 years?!

apa ni? :s22:

but anw, why need to discriminate her for that sort of 'crime' 🤔

IAmChiobu12M

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are saint? Why judge people for mistakes when they already pay the price?

mcylo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Edmw also got a Jailbird ex convict Who goes in and out of jail very often

light84

Reaction score
We all make mistakes in life … Come on

And if she is chio, all mistakes does not matter

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.