Realme GT Neo5

progene

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like the bros in this thread, I managed to hoot 16gb/256gb variant for $620 on 3/3 sale. Very good price and specs. I was deciding between this phone and Oneplus Ace 2.

Pros vs Oneplus Ace 2
Cheaper
Faster charging
Better screen

Cons vs Oneplus Ace 2
Inferior build quality
Inferior Battery life

In fact, I am worried about the battery life. Some YouTubers already did a comparison of 3 similar phones in midrange category, this GT Neo 5 being one of them. The battery life of this phone is the worse among the 3. However, reviews on taobao mostly claims battery life is not bad. I hope any battery life issues can be addressed quickly via software updates. Then it's the best in class already. Not sure about Realme's attitude towards updates, since this is my first phone from them. But seeing that a 512gb variant will release very soon, that should put pressure on them to not let the weaker battery life be a glaring issue that detracts from whole user experience. Personally I would prioritise better battery life instead of faster charging.
IMHO one plus Ace 2 look boring. It just look exactly like a clone of one plus 11 (without the Hasselblad word)...

Whereas Gt Neo 5 look nicer.

zoomster168

Reaction score
now my shopee seller say no purple stock, I wonder whether I should take the white colour?

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If can just get gt 3 cos global version. But the price will be expensive.

Just like xiaomi 13 global version.
if GT3 only has the small battery capacity version, then I rather go with GT Neo 5 with the bigger battery

progene

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if GT3 only has the small battery capacity version, then I rather go with GT Neo 5 with the bigger battery
Dunno.. cos the highlight is on the 240W. Just that Neo 5 has also a smaller variant of 150W (5000mah). I guess, those wanted to buy GT3, just hope realme also launched the slower 150w GT3 ba.

willnation

Reaction score
you can go for gt neo 5, but i am not sure if the china rom can support NFC gpay or paywave. I hope someone can answer my question. Thanks.

progene

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U ordered on Shopee is it? How much was it?
$582 all in for 150w purple 12+256. Just that, shipping really take quite long. Hopefully can get it by next week...(cross my finger and pray hard)..

zoomster168

Reaction score
$582 all in for 150w purple 12+256. Just that, shipping really take quite long. Hopefully can get it by next week...(cross my finger and pray hard)..
Mine is local seller, but they also take stock from another seller...lol. Guess will also take some time to deliver, becos the purple stock ran out.

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can share which shop has it at this price?

willnation

Reaction score
For the NFC, have to wait the phone to be delivered and test.
Do update us, I got ask shopee seller, they said work as normal , i tried to ask carousell seller also, they said some app might not be working properly due to china rom. I Abit confuse haha .

Last edited:

progene

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can share which shop has it at this price?
Dun think can get this anymore as mine was 3.3 with all vouchers and discount. Have to wait for 4.4 or maybe this weekend for IT show.
Heard this phone v hot sell in China as well, so vendors are upped the prices..

progene

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do update us, I got ask shopee seller, they said work as oer normal , i try to ask carousell seller, they said some app might not be working properly due to china rom. I Abit confuse haha .
Sure. I will test it as well...
Not too sure if any bros here already had gt neo 5 on hand

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.