Recommendation for Toilet Bowl

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My original AS toilet bow and wash basin since 1988 when I get my keys to the flat till now is 35 years old, haha

Never choke and still working except for flushing need to pull the handle couple of times due the the rubber diaphragm tear inside the cistern.

Problem is I cannot get cistern spare parts to DIY myself anymore so need to replace 2 Toilet Bow and 2 Wash Basin

My Area is having HIP now but I rejected the subsidise package as it include the bathroom wall tile and bathroom floor tiles as that is the most messy and inconvenience for the family.
They will also find way to say your waterproofing not good liao.
My mum's place we held till very last few units, also kinda "force" us to go ahead.

freddychin

Reaction score
They will also find way to say your waterproofing not good liao.
My mum's place we held till very last few units, also kinda "force" us to go ahead.
I know they are clever but I am smart too.

I go one floor downstair to pay my neighbour a visit.
Show them my ID with the address to proof to talk and to enter.
Enter the residence, look at their common toilet and master toilet ceiling.
Take snapshot as proof of evidence.
Clearly see that both toilets ceiling do not have sign of water seepage from my unit.
Notice that they did not replace the toilet bowls wash basins, toilet wall tiles and floor tiles just like me since Day 1.

Small Talk and understand they from Malaysia that have rented the whole unit for a year plus. They confirm there is no leakage above ceiling.
Actual Flat Owner also opt out for the HIP toilet upgrade too.

Water Proofing Testing was done last week and PASSED with documents signed.
I talk to the people doing the Water Proofing Test "BEFORE" he even start his task.
Show them the photos and video I taken from downstair neighbour.

He looked at me and smile.

Told him I am a "Engineer" before I retired and also the person who make a hotline call stating my concern of block corridor pathway lighting.
True enough the next day all the lighting along the corridor pathway was dismathle and shifted few feet out.

Really at times knowing some basic technical knowleadge is a advantage if not they can smoke you until you high high and blur blur lol.

Just like during Mock up HIP viewing, I question until none of those people even the contractor on site can answer me.
Sad case is those residents in my area who do not know and just listen to thier bull shiting.

That is why I say "Is not that I do not trust you, Is I do not have the convidence in you."

Last edited:

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
818 - both side a hole shoot out water following the contour of the bowl till it reaches the center another water shoot down towards the botton with pressure.
Hope I explain correctly.

The two jets flow around to center is not very effective from my experience. So i would recommend avoiding it.

freddychin

Reaction score
The two jets flow around to center is not very effective from my experience. So i would recommend avoiding it.
thank you for the info.

Basically they call it the Tornado Flush with the bowl design just like like Magnum Bowl.

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has comments on Rubine Pn105?
I was told rubine is new in the toilet bowl market, not much review.

It is cheap though. Below 300$ for a one-piece tornado flush.

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thank you for the info.

Basically they call it the Tornado Flush with the bowl design just like like Magnum Bowl.

Hmm, isn’t tornado flush two jets both flowing in same direction around the bowl, spiral down and the water jet don’t hit together at the center. This is what’s on my other bowl.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know they are clever but I am smart too.

I go one floor downstair to pay my neighbour a visit.
Show them my ID with the address to proof to talk and to enter.
Enter the residence, look at their common toilet and master toilet ceiling.
Take snapshot as proof of evidence.
Clearly see that both toilets ceiling do not have sign of water seepage from my unit.
Notice that they did not replace the toilet bowls wash basins, toilet wall tiles and floor tiles just like me since Day 1.

Small Talk and understand they from Malaysia that have rented the whole unit for a year plus. They confirm there is no leakage above ceiling.
Actual Flat Owner also opt out for the HIP for the toilet upgrade too.

Water Proofing Testing was done last week and PASSED with documents signed.
I talk to the people doing the Water Proofing Test "BEFORE" he even start his task.
Show them the photos and video I taken from downstair neighbour.

He looked at me and smile.

Told him I am a "Engineer" before I retired and the person who make a hotline call stating the concern of block corridor pathway lighting.
True enough the next day all the lighting along the corridor pathway was dismathle and shifted few feet out.

Really at times knowing some basic technical knowleadge is a advantage if not they can smoke you until you high high and blur blur lol.

Just like during Mock up HIP viewing, I question until none of those people even the contractor on site can answer me.
Sad case is those residents in my area who do not know and just listen to thier bull shiting.

That is why I say "Is not that I do not trust you, Is I do not have the convidence in you."
Yes, It is mass built.
So it was also more like if you do not do now, then next time more troublesome.
So push ahead and bite the bullet.

freddychin

Reaction score
Hmm, isn’t tornado flush two jets both flowing in same direction around the bowl, spiral down and the water jet don’t hit together at the center. This is what’s on my other bowl.
You using Magnum 935 or Baron W818 ?

just to confirm on the bowl.

For 818, Left jet hole and Right jet hole both water flow towards the front and another jet hole which is located in the front will push the left and right water flow down with pressure.

In short, 3 water jet hole casting ? Left, Front and Right ?

This is what I was told.

Today view Magnum 935 only have a single jet hole and water flow along the contour of the bowl but was told it is weak due to single jet hole.

All are based on the Sales Representative words.

Too bad those display set do not have working sample to view actual flush.

I guess I need to go showroom and physically see how many water jet outlet for Magnum 935 and Baron 818

Last edited:

freddychin

Reaction score
Yes, It is mass built.
So it was also more like if you do not do now, then next time more troublesome.
So push ahead and bite the bullet.
yes, do understanding.

Just my personal preference to share

I strongly believe more options of wall tiles and floor tiles "UPGRADE" can be done without hacking so no dust no noise in near future.

For NEW Unit with NO ONE Staying, using tiles is the way to go BUT with people staying for 30 plus years and need to hack the floors and tiles is a bit too much for hacking, dust and noise.

Currently I only know 2 options but may be more but not aware. Moreover not doing it yet as my tiles for both wall and floor did not pop out.

The options are Overlaying and Epoxy Coating.

Last edited:

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For 818, Left jet hole and Right jet hole both water flow towards the front and another jet hole which is located in the front will push the left and right water flow down with pressure.

This is what I was told.

Today view Magnum 935 only have a single jet hole and water flow along the contour of the bowl but was told it is weak due to single jet hole.

I guess I need to go showroom and physically see how many water jet outlet for Magnum 935 and Baron 818

Mine should be the 918, two jets both pointing counter clock wise, one outlet near the rear/12 o’clock position, another outlet near 9 o’clock position.

freddychin

Reaction score
Today I went Geylang to look for "Holes" and explore "Holes"

Do not mistaken, I look for Toilet Bowl Holes out of curiousity.

Baron 818 - Right Single Water Jet Hole shooting towards the circumference of the bowl of same height
Left Single Water Jet Hole shooting towards the circumference of the bowl same height
Center 5 Water Jet Holes shooting towards the Bottom of the bowl and water from left and right meets.

Magnum 935 - Right Single Water Jet Hole shooting towards the circumference of the bowl at different height
Left Single Water Jet Hole shooting towards the circumference of the bowl at different height
Both waves of water from left and right will not meet due to the different in height but create a centrifugal effect and tornado effect so called is created.

Based of engineering aspects of it.

No working display to see the actual flush.

My own personal explaination.

I will likely go for Baron W818 X 2 sets with Slim cover unless something out of the blues surface.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This is what I was told.

935 : 3 jet holes.
3,7 and 11 o'clock direction.

spvnnn

Reaction score
Anybody using electric bidet toilet seats? Like the TOTO one but got cheaper versions from brands like Kohler and also Taobao.

freddychin

Reaction score
Anybody using electric bidet toilet seats? Like the TOTO one but got cheaper versions from brands like Kohler and also
To me is what type of residence you are staying ?
Remember is a bathroom where water is common. Electric and Water are arch enemies.

Need electric power so where is your power point location and what type of power point to use depends greatly on location unless you use a very long cable from powerpoint outside the bathroom

Google and find out between auto/maunaul and even handheld bidet you will understand better.

Having a small bathroom so handheld bidet is the way to go for me.

Everyone knows what is a bidet for but both auto/manual have 2 tasks that cannot perform except for handheld bidet.

1. Can use to spray the "sai" that stick on the wall of the bowl as sometimes the flush cannot flush it away as some have mention.

2. Can use to spray your bathroom wall tiles and floor tiles during cleaning process.

Think and explore further as it will map you to many pro/cons/options that save a lot of trouble especially I am a poor man without a domestic helper.

Just my point of view to share.

Last edited:

iamsummerhead

Reaction score
Today I went Geylang to look for "Holes" and explore "Holes"

Do not mistaken, I look for Toilet Bowl Holes out of curiousity.

Baron 818 - Right Single Water Jet Hole shooting towards the circumference of the bowl of same height
Left Single Water Jet Hole shooting towards the circumference of the bowl same height
Center 5 Water Jet Holes shooting towards the Bottom of the bowl and water from left and right meets.

Magnum 935 - Right Single Water Jet Hole shooting towards the circumference of the bowl at different height
Left Single Water Jet Hole shooting towards the circumference of the bowl at different height
Both waves of water from left and right will not meet due to the different in height but create a centrifugal effect and tornado effect so called is created.

Based of engineering aspects of it.

No working display to see the actual flush.

My own personal explaination.

I will likely go for Baron W818 X 2 sets with Slim cover unless something out of the blues surface.
what is yr reason for choosing 818?

freddychin

Reaction score
what is yr reason for choosing 818?
888 is the traditional "Flush Down" Bowl Design that my 35 years old AS is having.

818 is a newer design for the Bowl Flush Water Design.

As mention previously, yet to physically see how 818 flushing water works.

To me, 818 based on engineering design aspects should be stronger and was released in Aug 2020

888 likely released in 2016/2017.
In this thread, 2017 a user mentioned using it already.

You want to play safe then choose 888 lol.

Last edited:

Singrish

Reaction score
Will not mention brands here but i almost bought one brand’s tornado flush till i went to show room. The toilet bowl design not easy to clean. Lot of crevices. The WC top also easy to trap dust. Bottom line MUST go physical shop to check it out.

Personally i find my tornado flush weaker than the old one esp after taking a dump. Even though the big button is full flush, still need to hold it down so all the crap can go down.

But advantage is easier to clean with less crevices like regular toilet bowl. Honestly how you clean under the gap where the water flows down from sia.

Vadher

Reaction score
any one using bowls from starke living? looks good but cant find much info on it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.