Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

earthtk

Reaction score
I would avoid using them for the time being. They used to be quite good previously (like last year) and I have been consistently using them but recently their standards have dropped like mad.

First was the long wait (which I am ok since already in JB, spending 20 minutes won't hurt right?), then after that I noticed that the boss brought in new helpers but they don't seem to have any knowledge of proper car washing. My friend even commented that when the worker dropped the cloth on the floor, he would still pick it up and continue cleaning instead of using another cloth.

Yesterday was the final straw, I had feedback the the interior of the car was not vacuumed properly and the mat was not even taken out to 'dust it'. Yes, RM15 is 'cheap' but I knw that the car wash stations at Pelangi petrol station could do even a much better job than D'Lux.

If you are interested, probably can try Supwave as recommended by my friend. I heard that a lot of Honda Shuttle car owners go there to wash.
Can try Posh at Mount Austin. Very impressed at their cleaning... Covers every nook and cranny

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

weeza77

Reaction score
I would avoid using them for the time being. They used to be quite good previously (like last year) and I have been consistently using them but recently their standards have dropped like mad.

First was the long wait (which I am ok since already in JB, spending 20 minutes won't hurt right?), then after that I noticed that the boss brought in new helpers but they don't seem to have any knowledge of proper car washing. My friend even commented that when the worker dropped the cloth on the floor, he would still pick it up and continue cleaning instead of using another cloth.

Yesterday was the final straw, I had feedback the the interior of the car was not vacuumed properly and the mat was not even taken out to 'dust it'. Yes, RM15 is 'cheap' but I knw that the car wash stations at Pelangi petrol station could do even a much better job than D'Lux.

If you are interested, probably can try Supwave as recommended by my friend. I heard that a lot of Honda Shuttle car owners go there to wash.

Was contemplating whether to review regarding this few months back but same thing happened to me. They did not bother to bring out the floor mats even though I gave them lesser jobs to do(not required to wipe interior surface).
Didn't wipe down the exterior properly that U have to do it myself.
Took the Maguire package.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will try Supwave for next round.
Yeah, their standard is not consistent, but so far still met my min requirement.:s13:
I usually will ask them take out mat to dust it else they won't.

Supwave is RM20 per wash. Member is RM17. Just FYI. I only wash there. They got air con room with wifi let you sit there relac while they settle your car.

funky05

Reaction score

I thought of going there this week to try.. virgin wash..

SuperSprint

Reaction score
Just went DLUX last week for meguiars 30RM package.
Sat inside the aircon room and supervise them.

20mins taken to wash and wax your car.
Same they never took out my floor mat just vacume Inside.

Suspect they not using meguiars Tyre shine also since is a package.

But overalll car still clean and shining.

Yah thier cloth like not very clean, sometimes my car got some line scratches.

weeza77

Reaction score
Just went DLUX last week for meguiars 30RM package.
Sat inside the aircon room and supervise them.

20mins taken to wash and wax your car.
Same they never took out my floor mat just vacume Inside.

Suspect they not using meguiars Tyre shine also since is a package.

But overalll car still clean and shining.

Yah thier cloth like not very clean, sometimes my car got some line scratches.

Thats why I request they don't wipe any interior surface for my case. Did they dry the exterior thoroughly?

Last edited:

SuperSprint

Reaction score
Thats why I request they don't wipe any interior surface for my case. Did they dry the exrerior thoroughly?

Yes they need to dry it to appply the clean wax.
Just side mirror not very dry only.

Interior they also wipe and apply protector.

When I was there. I am the only car. No other cars from start to end.

weeza77

Reaction score
Yes they need to dry it to appply the clean wax.
Just side mirror not very dry only.

Interior they also wipe and apply protector.

When I was there. I am the only car. No other cars from start to end.

What interior protector? I also did the Meguiars 30RM package. Only request not to wipe interior surface/window. So they didn't do anything other than vacuum without removing the car mats..

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a msian friend applied 303 protectant on my dashboard and all plastic surfaces in my car. that was > a year ago. very good. and for some reason, it's less dusty too.

defunctx

Reaction score
Sian 1/2, suspect refrigerant leaking into car interior, smell has all gone but aircon not cold now zzzz.

Thinking of going Syarikat Fuji after seeing so many thumbs up.

Any other recommendations?

Edit: car has only 6 mths to go zzzzzzz

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sian 1/2, suspect refrigerant leaking into car interior, smell has all gone but aircon not cold now zzzz.

Thinking of going Syarikat Fuji after seeing so many thumbs up.

Any other recommendations?

Edit: car has only 6 mths to go zzzzzzz

Try top up gas locally and monitor how long it can last... Since left 6 months to go.

No point repair which can easily set you back couple of hundreds...

Fuji or Sheng Auto... can look for them. Sheng Auto accessories shop, but equally good in air con too...

Last edited:

defunctx

Reaction score
But it's leaking into interior, I scared of being poisoned lol.

Try top up gas locally and monitor how long it can last... Since left 6 months to go.

No point repair which can easily set you back couple of hundreds...

Fuji or Sheng Auto... can look for them. Sheng Auto accessories shop, but equally good in air con too...

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Call some scrapyards to ask whether they have a cooling coil for your model, and then see if the price is worth it for 6 months.

defunctx

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I have a better idea how to handle this annoying issue now.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

<Update>

Used Supwave for the first time today.
Personally, felt the wash similar to D'Lux.
Standard at Supwave is take out car mat and vacuum. While D'Lux need to inform them then they will take it out.

Overall, i still will use both:s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.