Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
Do update here okay? But we can’t go JB any time soon anyway.

yes. i will update here.

read from car forum on varying feedback on AD covers replacement foc, while some commented charging on labor cost only.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes. i will update here.

read from car forum on varying feedback on AD covers replacement foc, while some commented charging on labor cost only.

Thanks bro. AD being Borneo? Can check but I’m skeptical if car is past warranty period.

rbth x 0408

Reaction score
hi bro
same prob with u for my COE lexus

apparently they cover up till 10 years..so if yours within 10 years go get it done quick!!!

quoted quoted a ridiculous amount for my dashboard and door...5fig kind of quotation
but labour less than 1k for those within 10years

yes. i will update here.

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
hi bro
same prob with u for my COE lexus

apparently they cover up till 10 years..so if yours within 10 years go get it done quick!!!

quoted quoted a ridiculous amount for my dashboard and door...5fig kind of quotation
but labour less than 1k for those within 10years

hi bro thanks for sharing.

bm responded that coverage is 10 years only. mine unfortunately past 10 years. and even within 10 years is case by case basis and have to request and appeal. apparently this problem is common for Toyota and Lexus but not commonly reflected to Singapore public. so if new models still have this problem I will take that into consideration for new purchase.

anyway for altis ride I got quote 3.5k for front dashboard only. order time is 2 months. downtime at ws is 1 day.

Sammychan

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know if its worth going to JB to replace a gearbox for Toyota harrier? Recently gear seems to b giving problem. Singapore quoted around $4k!!!
Gearbox recon is $2 to $3k. Half cut from Japan is around $1.5K. Johor half price.

Sammychan

Banned
Reaction score
Not exactly 1:3 but more like half price for me, of course comparing the same package and mileage SG vs JB.

Good thing is the normal servicing was very fast. Less than 2 hours finish. SG half a day. Customer service is good, lounge area is comfortable. Don't expect the extra frills like free cleaning. But it's JB, car wash is easy to sort out.
My workshop service can be done in 10mins lol. Half a day because work faster harder also same pay so slowly slowly...

Sammychan

Banned
Reaction score
Hello, sorry for the late reply .

Nope , missing coolant still. I have went to auto saver last month and they replace the water pump and water hoses . Total damage $300. Problem still persists and this morning went back and they told me there’s a small leakage on the top overhead gasket as they see some milky compound underneath my engine oil cap.

But he say I should be able to continue driving but I need to top up coolant every 2 weeks. If I want to resolve the issue , have to replace recon import engine at around $2000.
When is your issue? Coolant low? Gasket leak?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The self claimed workshop boss is here. Better listen! Fall in Fall in those with car problem.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My workshop service can be done in 10mins lol. Half a day because work faster harder also same pay so slowly slowly...

Please share your workshop name and address. So we can go support you mah. Or did you reveal it here before?

skai_11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suddenly have this thoughts on those singapore cars in JB for repair or respray e.g BTS just before the **... Still in JB shops or special arrangements to tow out?

Infinite

Reaction score
long time no go jb, washing car has become my monthly exercise unfortunately..

on a side note, anyone knows the cost of changing/refurbishing their suspension in JB for a small jap car? getting tired of crawling over humps as the car bottoms out easily

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
long time no go jb, washing car has become my monthly exercise unfortunately..

on a side note, anyone knows the cost of changing/refurbishing their suspension in JB for a small jap car? getting tired of crawling over humps as the car bottoms out easily

Get someone to wash for you lor. :s13:

Contact a few workshops in Singapore for price comparison, since we won't be allowed into JB for rest of the year, at least. My one cent view.
Or wait sammychan to read your post.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get someone to wash for you lor. :s13:

Contact a few workshops in Singapore for price comparison, since we won't be allowed into JB for rest of the year, at least. My one cent view.
Or wait sammychan to read your post.

Your 1 cent view is also my view. Hope the vaccine is out soon.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.