Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

BenBen010103

Reaction score
I'm looking for a particular cold air intake (prl cobra), not sure which shop in jb is likely to bring in and what's the price? Sg I found 1 shop but the price abit steep. Looking for a cheaper source in jb with installation.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a particular cold air intake (prl cobra), not sure which shop in jb is likely to bring in and what's the price? Sg I found 1 shop but the price abit steep. Looking for a cheaper source in jb with installation.

Search RFA RACING they got shops in sg and jb

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

quarkz

Reaction score
Hi ppl, I'm thinking of going into JB to do my 100k servicing. My friend recommends autobacs while I read here that some ppl recommend Hawk Tayar. So for servicing, is it worth going into JB? I'm going to JB for a 2D1N 2 wks later. If not driving, I'll be taking train + grab. Btw, if only servicing, does the workshop usually allow me to collect the car on the next day, since hotel may not have parking?

If in S'pore, is it recommended to go to those petrol station servicing? Or any recommended place? Sorry, not familiar because have been going to agent for servicing all these while.

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi ppl, I'm thinking of going into JB to do my 100k servicing. My friend recommends autobacs while I read here that some ppl recommend Hawk Tayar. So for servicing, is it worth going into JB? I'm going to JB for a 2D1N 2 wks later. If not driving, I'll be taking train + grab. Btw, if only servicing, does the workshop usually allow me to collect the car on the next day, since hotel may not have parking?

If in S'pore, is it recommended to go to those petrol station servicing? Or any recommended place? Sorry, not familiar because have been going to agent for servicing all these while.
Jb Seevicing means oil change only. Other than oil change, you will need to know what else you want to change. They may go through your car and see what needs to be replaced . Mech will test drove and take a look around the engine Bay and under carriage to determine. In most cases, if no major repair, a few hours is more than adequate for them to complete the job. They also know sg car want to chop chop take car, so most of the time, they will prioritise your car.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, want to enquire is it ideal to change my 4 brake rotor and brake pads in JB? Any recommendations? Anyway, I’m driving an Audi A4. Thanks in advance.

Personally for your case better check out pricing for your brakes stuffs cos you may want to get parts here and bring in. Pay labour only which JB is cheaper. For conti stuffs, parts can be more expensive in JB, especially when the brake are zhng up type... :s13:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

JB workshops do not follow what SG or AD those what 100k servicing. Usually, the normal EO change, fluid change.
If you die die, what to follow 100k servicing, Tell them what other stuffs you WANT to change, other than the EO change and make a appointment.

In JB, the workshop will tell/ advise you what must change or can tahan till next EO change then replace, after they test drive your car after EO change.
This is the usual workshop style i been using, should be the same with other JB workshop.

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went JB yesterday as no jam. Wanted to go CarClick to install lowered spring and bar but never go as Wife complain go to much workshop :s13:

After shopping at City Square Mall, went D’Lux for car wash at 9:30pm
Took up the 30Rm meguair wash, car clean clean and very bright.
About 20mins job for a car wash interior and exterior.

By far I think is the value for money wash.
D’Lux change lady Liao? Now is slim lady with a young kid inside.

Reach there no car so no need waiting.

Anyone try opti coat? For what purpose sia.

chirpydragon

Reaction score
auto transmission flush

hi all,

Has anyone done auto transmission flush/renew in JB ( with ah yuan or others ?) before ??

Can they handle this as this is probably the most expensive part of the car if not done properly ??

Mine is a toyota allion...

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went JB yesterday as no jam. Wanted to go CarClick to install lowered spring and bar but never go as Wife complain go to much workshop :s13:

At page 355 there is a bro that update the promo price. Your is showing RRP price. I think quite worth it provided must know what is the warranty lo

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

Has anyone done auto transmission flush/renew in JB ( with ah yuan or others ?) before ??

Can they handle this as this is probably the most expensive part of the car if not done properly ??

I just did with carlicks 2 months back. around 120rm for honda original ATF.
its pretty standard for replacement of ATF. hard to go wrong. :s22:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

Flushing needs some sort of equipment. No equipment cannot leh. No use Carclick before, so dun know if they have this equipment.
If renew, just like changing EO, drain and top up new fluid with new filter. Any workshop can do.

Last edited:

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score

Wah lowering spring! I put before when Ah Yuan was at LCH bros, ended up too low and scrap wheel fenders. Gave up and went for coilovers instead.

Same lah I also go workshop until kenna complain liao :s13:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So far their washing standard is always meeting my expectation. :D

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah lowering spring! I put before when Ah Yuan was at LCH bros, ended up too low and scrap wheel fenders. Gave up and went for coilovers instead.

Same lah I also go workshop until kenna complain liao :s13:

My lowered spring is mid level. Not so Low. Think 3 finger GAP front and rear only. Yes to Low not good how to go thru custom so many humps.

Yah lo sian la Wife nag say why keep go the Carclick, say always very Long and ask me doing what for the car.

Got one point angry me ask me stay at CarClick to work as mechanic better.

:s13:

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.