Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Obscurity

Reaction score
Hi guys I need recommendation on the below services for my old car, accord JDM.

1) Currently have engine check light and suspect is O2 sensor
2) Wheel bearing - Currently go to Hawk Tyre if have better shop I dont mind considering
3) Servicing - Done at Jet but feel he abit slack now. He even said my problems is nothing like engine check light and help me reset. After that it came back. Obviously. ******************

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check Engine light comes on. First thing you do is to find out the trouble code. That would give you an idea where to start. Askany reputable workshop to scan your car.

HellHunter

Reaction score

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I need recommendation on the below services for my old car, accord JDM.

1) Currently have engine check light and suspect is O2 sensor
2) Wheel bearing - Currently go to Hawk Tyre if have better shop I dont mind considering
3) Servicing - Done at Jet but feel he abit slack now. He even said my problems is nothing like engine check light and help me reset. After that it came back. Obviously. ******************

Find another reputable SG workshop if you cannot tahan the check light on. Esle if the car still can tong to JB, then drive in. Refer to the list done by Hellhunter.
Carlick is popular here.
I always go to workshop in Permas Jaya, nearer to me via woodlands.

Last edited:

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Field Report on Car-click

When car-click yesterday at 2pm after stay-cation at holiday villa on Saturday.

Upon reaching told ah hong the things I brought to change and he proceeded with it.

Labor as per below

- Change EO with filter
- Change ATF oil with Filter
- Change front bearing one side
- change air and aircon filter
- Install Front lower 4 pt Strut Bar and Rear Top 2 pt Strut Bar (Ultra Racing)
- Install Lower Spring (Triple S)

Total time taken is 4 hours for this job, same thing ah hong single handled everything except for certain job that require 2 person to work so ah yuan help him out.

Ah Hong highlighted to me my rear absorber one side is leaking when he changing the spring. This pair of rear absorber was change and brought from LCH bro in july 2018.

I told him so fast leak liao ah? he say yah lo.

while waiting at the shop, ah yuan when out for while then came back and offered my wife and me ice lemon tea bottled. accepted the offer, first time ah yuan so good treat me drink. say very hot ask me go inside aircon sit better.

yesterday not much car only those doing major job.

when mid way doing i ask hong, roughly how much the labor work as thinking if want change absorber. he told me 450 RM for labor.

I was shocked sia, so told him do first later breakdown the cost for me.

same thing after done, ah hong drove out my car alone for test drive, then came back ask me to join him 2nd round. told me my rear absorber both weak after change to lower spring more obvious liao.

haha, very shoik when people drive your car and u sit in passenger seat like a box. so ah hong drove 2 rounds and going a few humps to test out the spring. just in case got sound or etc ask me I want remove a not.

then return ws he did alignment then went to test drive again one more time.

so far no sound just weak absorber

then after done, about to pay he wrote down as per below then say ah yuan give me some discount. in the end never pay 450RM.

xVrooMx

Reaction score
Where did you source your UR bars? I am thinking to buy my own n find Ah Yuan install also... haha...

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where did you source your UR bars? I am thinking to buy my own n find Ah Yuan install also... haha...

Strut bar can get from accessories shops. Sheng auto have

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

HellHunter

Reaction score
Ah Hong highlighted to me my rear absorber one side is leaking when he changing the spring. This pair of rear absorber was change and brought from LCH bro in july 2018.

I told him so fast leak liao ah? he say yah lo.

haha, very shoik when people drive your car and u sit in passenger seat like a box.

Wah, OEM part? Failing in under a year is way too premature... unless you clock some insane mileage in that time or track use? :o

hahaha :s13: that's the most shiok feeling. Last time go KL also my friend drive my car then I sit at the back. :D

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, OEM part? Failing in under a year is way too premature... unless you clock some insane mileage in that time or track use? :o

hahaha :s13: that's the most shiok feeling. Last time go KL also my friend drive my car then I sit at the back. :D

Heng sway also - sometimes kena a 1 out of 100,000 lemon

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Depends on your car model bro.
Best is search in Carousell for secondhand type.
Those people dekit from their ride.

Can get it 50% cheaper compare to brand new ones.

I have 4 bars installed in my ride, all second hand ones.

This kind of bar no need buy new also.

For safety bars, behind is more important, can try get rear TOP and bottom.

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Mileage about 10K up lorry Liao.
That’s why I always bring my own parts from sg.

That time thought okay to use Malaysia parts.
Sian sia really dangerous to buy parts from JB stockist.

HellHunter

Reaction score
Heng sway also - sometimes kena a 1 out of 100,000 lemon

Yeh, seems like lemon set..

Mileage about 10K up lorry Liao.
That’s why I always bring my own parts from sg.

That time thought okay to use Malaysia parts.
Sian sia really dangerous to buy parts from JB stockist.

I normally supply my own parts also, at least can try to bang table at stockist if got problem very fast..
I did get OEM parts from JB for my civic last time though, radiator fan motor and rear wheel bearing, both held up over 20-30K km before I scrap.

quarkz

Reaction score
Hi, I read some ppl mention hawk type. I whatsapp them for sevicing package and they gave the one below

hawk.jpg

But doesn't seem cheap. I compared with technicautocare - anyone heard of them?

http://www.technicautocare.com/servicingpackages

technicautocare even seems cheaper for the Castrol Edge Engine Oil 5W/40 - S$98 vs $RM337. The things they check should be roughly similar, although I didn't read carefully.

So in that case, not worthy to go in JB, although I'm going in 2 wks time.

cokiee

Reaction score
Many here recommends BTS painting workshop.
U can whatsapp mr bon, +60129806665 for a quote

Thanks! Where's it located?

Edit: sorry should have Google it. Thanks again!

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

Last edited:

HellHunter

Reaction score
Hi, I read some ppl mention hawk type. I whatsapp them for sevicing package and they gave the one below

https://i.ibb.co/tXFw517/hawk.jpg

But doesn't seem cheap. I compared with technicautocare - anyone heard of them?

http://www.technicautocare.com/servicingpackages

technicautocare even seems cheaper for the Castrol Edge Engine Oil 5W/40 - S$98 vs $RM337. The things they check should be roughly similar, although I didn't read carefully.

So in that case, not worthy to go in JB, although I'm going in 2 wks time.

Hi, don't buy any servicing package for Malaysia. The engine oil there is more ex than SG and since that's the bulk of the cost, it becomes more expensive to get them to supply the oil.

What most of us who service in JB do is buy engine oil from a supermarket/etc. on discount then bring it to JB and only get the shop to do labour(plus supply filter if you want convenience for a few SGD extra or you can buy your own oil filter from stockist in SG and bring).

For points based checks, discuss with the mechanic. Should have no issue doing. They normally just change oil and filter and point out only the things they notice and check things based on your feedback. Labour for servicing alone(you provide oil plus filter) ranges from RM25-40. Can check CarClick Garage or even Hawk Tayar.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your info bro!
Will text Sheng Auto to check the prices.
Cheers!

If your car is a popular model, buy from Taobao and ship over. I got mine full set around 6 pieces CUSCO grade for less than SGD$200

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score

I installed front strut bar and rear anti-roll bar only. Cuz lowered, i worry scrap at the bottom.

Sorry ah... Rear top is boot bar? Rear bottom is anti-roll? So many bar so confused. :s11:

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I installed front strut bar and rear anti-roll bar only. Cuz lowered, i worry scrap at the bottom.

Sorry ah... Rear top is boot bar? Rear bottom is anti-roll? So many bar so confused. :s11:

Depends on what type of car you have. The safety bars varies.

Rear top - if saloon car it's called a boot bar. If MPV it's just call rear bar.

Rear bottom - also called anti roll bar.

xVrooMx

Reaction score

Yea.. but i tried carousell no one selling.. i driving lancer ex only saw strut bars.. other bars dun have..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.