Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

chirpydragon

Reaction score
what do you think ?

Hey all,

Does anyone practice the following to secure your keyless entry and start/stop car in JB....??

disable your car from being "ping" or scanned by pulling out the fuse to the keyless entry circuit

the car would be on plain manual entry mode...

Last edited:

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Does anyone practice the following to secure your keyless entry and start/stop car in JB....??

disable your car from being "ping" or scanned by pulling out the fuse to the keyless entry circuit

Anything manual is good. Best is to add a good steering lock or brake lock.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

This sound weird to me. If you aren't a frequent visitor to jb then is good lah. Prevention is good. Add more of this gadgets. Wheel locks....ect...

chirpydragon

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone knows a reliable plywood/timber supplier in JB ?

I'm a DIY person and plan to do some woodworking project this year..

Thanks & appreciate.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I only know sg.
Jalan berseh, Kelantan lane there.
You can buy all kinds of Wood.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

HellHunter

Reaction score
Anyone know a good durian shop in jb? :o Last time I was driving back from Sheng Auto that area I saw some but didn't take note where.. went the other day didn't see any..

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've bought quite a few times from the row in front of Sutera Mall. Decent quality, decent pricing. Once or twice from the corner nearest to Mazda, and then once from a Xiao Pang 2 stalls beside that.

HellHunter

Reaction score
I've bought quite a few times from the row in front of Sutera Mall. Decent quality, decent pricing. Once or twice from the corner nearest to Mazda, and then once from a Xiao Pang 2 stalls beside that.

Awesome, thanks! I'll check it out :D

Durian can dabao back from JB? :s11:

gahmen said:
Each person is allowed a small, reasonable quantity (i.e. hand-carried size) of fruit and vegetable products for personal consumption.

https://www.ava.gov.sg/explore-by-s...-and-exporting/bringing-food-for-personal-use

Small quantity ok la, for personal use, don't fill the boot and the rear seats and the engine compartment and try to cross over :s13: Go geylang put the folding table and sell. =:p

quarkz

Reaction score
Hi, I did my servicing today in S'pore and was told that my engine oil pump leaking and one of my air con fan is not working. Repair cost is $200 and $120.

Do you think it's worth going to JB to do the repair, since I'm going in next weekend? So far never tried b4, has always been servicing in S'pore.

Btw, do the workshop allow us to leave the car overnight and collect next day? Cos my hotel got no parking available.

Else any recommendation where to park overnight? I search forum some ppl say KSL mall and holiday villa... any advice?

Thanks!

HellHunter

Reaction score
Hi, I did my servicing today in S'pore and was told that my engine oil pump leaking and one of my air con fan is not working. Repair cost is $200 and $120.

Do you think it's worth going to JB to do the repair, ... any advice?

Thanks!

Hey, check this list out for shop contacts-
https://docs.google.com/document/u/2/d/15NoGP5I_sk1SQD-0QKdo2kz2oyY8Gen9O5uDB1HHtpw/mobilebasic

For your oil pump leak you can contact CarClick Garage, TS Motor, LTEN PRO among others, these are highly recommended. For the air con fan can ask Sheng Auto or Syarikat Fuji Car Cooler. They can quote you for the repair and you can decide if worth it, can also ask the shop about leaving the car with them overnight. Not too sure myself but I think is usually okay.

chirpydragon

Reaction score
Hey, check this list out for shop contacts-
https://docs.google.com/document/u/2/d/15NoGP5I_sk1SQD-0QKdo2kz2oyY8Gen9O5uDB1HHtpw/mobilebasic

For your oil pump leak you can contact CarClick Garage, TS Motor, LTEN PRO among others, these are highly recommended. For the air con fan can ask Sheng Auto or Syarikat Fuji Car Cooler. They can quote you for the repair and you can decide if worth it, can also ask the shop about leaving the car with them overnight. Not too sure myself but I think is usually okay.

Definitely worth exploring... but you need to know what you are doing..

What is yr car make/model/year ?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which hotel got no overnight parking one in JB? Ijjit those really budget ones? :s11:

HellHunter

Reaction score
Mine is mitsubishi lancer glx. 2004 I think. COE ending end of this yr.

Oh, btw if just labour required to fix the issues then JB is surely worth it but if you require part replacement, get them to quote you for used parts or OEM since you only have till end of this year to use. If buying OEM can check the part cost in SG stockist also. Sometimes will be cheaper than JB. In that case can buy the part in SG and just get labour quote for the job from the JB shop.

Edit: on reading up, it's just the oil pump seal that needs changing and most of the cost is the labour. Although if you're changing the pump itself then above applies. Air con fan issue also they can sort out for you. Don't think you need to worry about parts. That said, my current experience with used part sourcing is going a bit poorly..need a power steering pump, CarClick quoted RM580 for used part with install, checked a used part shop in SG they tell me the part is $250 ... hard to find parts for my car though. Will probably just get it done at CarClick if I can't find any cheaper, trying to check with JB stockists directly but no luck yet.

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which workshop to go for bumper change?
I'm planning to get 1 online n ship to the place if possible

Take photo and send details of your car to Sheng Auto. Sheng Auto is a accessories shop but i did see Jackson replace front bumper of a SG car before.
Contact him to check if he can do it for you.

This SG car owner also buy direct from KL and ship to Sheng Auto. Jackson just provide labour to change it.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Do you think it's worth going to JB to do the repair, since I'm going in next weekend? So far never tried b4, has always been servicing in S'pore.

Btw, do the workshop allow us to leave the car overnight and collect next day? Cos my hotel got no parking available.

Else any recommendation where to park overnight? I search forum some ppl say KSL mall and holiday villa... any advice?

Thanks!

Depends also where you stay and also space available in the workshop and relationship with the owner of that workshop. Unless is confirmed that they will park your ride overnight inside their workshop, then worth.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Durian can dabao back from JB? :s11:

While Q up for check at SG custom, chatted with the officer and he mentioned small qty is ok lah...
He further told him he came across one car with one whole big basket of durain, then this is taxable lah. :s13:

During CNY, BBQ pork/chicken slice (Bak kua) is popular, this is not allowed even for own consumption. That was years back experience,
Not sure still applies now.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.