Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guessed as much. If not the same why state the same thing - SP3. Although technically the fluids need not be the same. They only need to meet the SP3 standards. One fluid might still be better than the other, in a sense.

sunstarsunset

Reaction score
I go here - JB WORKSHOP , car repair and maintenance in Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Address: 2, Jalan Ros Merah 2/14, Johor Jaya, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
my altis is 110km mileage now.

never change ATF before. Understand that Toyota do not change ATF. its also not scheduled in Borneo motor servicing.

Any opinions?

funky05

Reaction score

never change ATF before. Understand that Toyota do not change ATF. its also not scheduled in Borneo motor servicing.

Any opinions?

110K or 110?

If its the former, your gearbox is super strong!

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Any opinions?
As discussed for Mazda's AD too.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/mazda-skyactiv-cars-owner%3B-atf-question-6006375.html#post119738027

Conclusion, go buy it and do it outside if warranty is over.

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
As discussed for Mazda's AD too.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/mazda-skyactiv-cars-owner%3B-atf-question-6006375.html#post119738027

Conclusion, go buy it and do it outside if warranty is over.

Good read thanks.

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score

Any opinions?

I used to think that ATF lasts a lifetime, as the label says so as well.

Then I wondered, if there's a mileage definition for "lifetime". Since COE lasts for 10 years, I decided on this definition for "lifetime" and I went for an ATF change, then adopted a routine of ATF change every 30kkm.

Not bad I would say, gear changes are more responsive after the change. Perhaps I just want to prolong the transmission lifespan and not wanting it to fail as the mileage climbs. You know how much does a transmission replacement cost at BM? ;)

... I'd rather change ATF than to replace transmission.

weeza77

Reaction score
I have been changing ATF fluid every 20k for all my auto cars. So far so good. Only changed auto gearbox once on my 2nd hand bought car with no service history.

weeza77

Reaction score

Any opinions?

If your mileage is 110k km, time to change atf fluid but do not flush, might have problems later. If you want AD standard to do this, I recommend you to go to BM JB. They'll be more than happy to service SG plate car.

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
same here, changed my swift atf at around 25k mark. will change it again when it hits 60k just to keep it fresh and going.

atf aint expensive anyway and labour in malaysia is affordable.

Yea rather pay for preventive than corrective maintenance. Btw does your ride have ATF filter? I came across but not sure what's the change interval.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea rather pay for preventive than corrective maintenance. Btw does your ride have ATF filter? I came across but not sure what's the change interval.

All rides should have a ATF. Just like EO filter. Haven come across or knew any rides with it:s12::s12:

weeza77

Reaction score
You been to BM JB?

Not me personally but I have friends/colleagues who have been to Proton/Perodua/Hyundai/Honda JB's Authorised Dealer. You can check from their website how much is the servicing for respective models. Cheers.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.