Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where’s this place?

<Update>

Used Supwave for the first time today.
Personally, felt the wash similar to D'Lux.
Standard at Supwave is take out car mat and vacuum. While D'Lux need to inform them then they will take it out.

Overall, i still will use both:s13:

wunderluster

Reaction score
221, Jalan Dato Sulaiman, Century Garden, 80250 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

If you turn out from KSL, along that stretch of workshops. Just at the end of the road to the main road.

This place is recommended by my wife's hair stylist who is a JB local, I have been using it for awhile now and no complaints.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then really not suitable for me. Only go in late at night. Like very late at night.

No. Until 9pm but usually i notice, they 8.30pm standby close shop liao.

This car wash quite dominated by SG cars.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those car wash along KSL mostly cost RM8 per wash. You all give exact or give RM10 then RM2 let them keep?

I noticed a difference in working attitude when you give exact and when you give RM10.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those car wash along KSL mostly cost RM8 per wash. You all give exact or give RM10 then RM2 let them keep?

I noticed a difference in working attitude when you give exact and when you give RM10.

wah hardly see much rm8 car wash in jb area liao... mostly rm10 or more... some shops may have those wash 6 times get 1 free wash card. but i usually misplace it. :(

anyway, i usually just pay the exact price. if u are a friendly regular, and treat them with respect, they will reciprocate, ie do a good job washing your car.

there was one morning, i drove in to jb, ate my breakfast, had some spare time, so went to my regular car wash place. then drove to pasir gudang area for a few meetings. on the way back in evening, i realized my car had bird poop - roof windows doors... :( so i drove to my regular car wash, spoke to them nicely and they wash it down for free. sometimes, they would ask me if i want the rm30 "water wax", i'd just patronize them and say ok. gotta give and take sometimes.

Llcly92

Reaction score
I would avoid using them for the time being. They used to be quite good previously (like last year) and I have been consistently using them but recently their standards have dropped like mad.

First was the long wait (which I am ok since already in JB, spending 20 minutes won't hurt right?), then after that I noticed that the boss brought in new helpers but they don't seem to have any knowledge of proper car washing. My friend even commented that when the worker dropped the cloth on the floor, he would still pick it up and continue cleaning instead of using another cloth.

Yesterday was the final straw, I had feedback the the interior of the car was not vacuumed properly and the mat was not even taken out to 'dust it'. Yes, RM15 is 'cheap' but I knw that the car wash stations at Pelangi petrol station could do even a much better job than D'Lux.

If you are interested, probably can try Supwave as recommended by my friend. I heard that a lot of Honda Shuttle car owners go there to wash.

Would suggest skip dlux too. Was their supporter when they first opened (although they took quite long to finish washing). They were extremely detailed last time. Around last year their job start to be sloppy. I go in probably one a month or once every 2 month so I not sure when did I notice it but quite a few times they never wipe dry enough causing water marks, door edge all still got water, interior vacuum also just for sake of vacuum. So it's not a one time incident as 2 trips for me would be around 1-2 months time gap.

Decided to go to those by the roadside tent ones also did a better job than dlux. Used to heavily recommend this place to my friends but not anymore.

iamnotshawn

Reaction score
Would suggest skip dlux too. Was their supporter when they first opened (although they took quite long to finish washing). They were extremely detailed last time. Around last year their job start to be sloppy. I go in probably one a month or once every 2 month so I not sure when did I notice it but quite a few times they never wipe dry enough causing water marks, door edge all still got water, interior vacuum also just for sake of vacuum. So it's not a one time incident as 2 trips for me would be around 1-2 months time gap.

Decided to go to those by the roadside tent ones also did a better job than dlux. Used to heavily recommend this place to my friends but not anymore.
Alamak then any other recommendation for coating services?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

TSmonster

Reaction score
Where’s this place?

There is a new car wash beside Bangkok Spa pelangi. I spent 30rm for wash and sealant spray. Very thorough job. Even includes interior protector spray. Honestly quite impressed. Maybe you guys can try next time

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a new car wash beside Bangkok Spa pelangi. I spent 30rm for wash and sealant spray. Very thorough job. Even includes interior protector spray. Honestly quite impressed. Maybe you guys can try next time

Is this the spa where there's a lok lok at night?

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Near 3 stations?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the ADs in Johor work On Singapore cArs?

My frd drove a Forester and after the free servicing given by MI, Uses Subaru AD in JB. Charged abit more as compared with local registered car plate but cheaper than MI Singapore. MI Singapore still accept the warranty.

Other brands of cars, maybe you have to visit them or call. Personally, Johor ADs should accept.
The pricing and warranty(If your car still within warranty, SG AD accept it or not), you should find out more.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.