Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Catboy

Reaction score
Wow.
Thanks for sharing.
Yes. Care to share which workshop n how much? And also the down time they took etc?
Thanks!
So suggest u check your parts first before replacement. Maybe some are still good. Get a mechanic or go YouTube learn how to check

Now can only remember it's in Jalan Seroja area, dun have exact address. I replaced the rear shock system first then the front, each time about 100rm labor and takes less than half a day so total like 200rm plus. Go ask around workshops in Dedap, Seroja, Rosmerah areas and avoid those too near the custom. If they quote u around that price, can liao.

Last edited:

robotman12

Reaction score
it's not just changing EO and that's it, there's a list of other stuffs to check for every 10k servicing, like change a/c filter, check coolant, check suspension etc.

Going back Mazda TEK for these is too ex nowadays, just want to know other alternatives out there.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you had that expectation that workshops in the north follows what is practicing here in sg, then personally i suggest you visit sg workshop instead.

Over in the north, they would conduct the usual points checks (lubricant checks, air filter removed and air blow and under carriage.) Then perform road test. They don't have a check list on clicp board while going around checking the ride.
If you read couple of comments posted earlier, you would know how workshops in the north carry out their job.
Got leak/ faulty then change. Anything related to safety, change. Can tahan till next servicing, then change on next servicing.

Last edited:

Gerald1408

Reaction score
So suggest u check your parts first before replacement. Maybe some are still good. Get a mechanic or go YouTube learn how to check

Now can only remember it's in Jalan Seroja area, dun have exact address. I replaced the rear shock system first then the front, each time about 100rm labor and takes less than half a day so total like 200rm plus. Go ask around workshops in Dedap, Seroja, Rosmerah areas and avoid those too near the custom. If they quote u around that price, can liao.

Ok thanks.

RayOfLight

Reaction score
any recommended workshop that does normal servicing and spray paint server? need to respray front bumper.. quoted 100+ to spray half and 300+ for full in sg

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just go Hup Seng at Sin Ming. Old uncle very reasonable.

any recommended workshop that does normal servicing and spray paint server? need to respray front bumper.. quoted 100+ to spray half and 300+ for full in sg

dps_code

Reaction score
thanks for sharing bro.

i recently bought a 2009 avante, want to install reverse cam, and android player to replace the Pioneer player.

Any recommendation? any recommendation in JB that also sell these so one shot can settle?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for sharing bro.

i recently bought a 2009 avante, want to install reverse cam, and android player to replace the Pioneer player.

Any recommendation? any recommendation in JB that also sell these so one shot can settle?

Sheng Auto, is popular in this thread. Find them in FB. Contact Jackson @ +60167035250, about your intention and ask him for a quote.
Make a booking before go down.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read thru earlier posts. There are few alternatives mentioned. For me, i still stick to Sheng Auto. Also Jackson can do air con related repairs.

savoirex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
changed ATF, engine oil, oil filter and air filter at bt indah. labour cost is RM50. is the cost okay?

savoirex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah that is super cheap. Unless the mechanic marked up the costs of oil, ATF, filters etc.
I bought the parts in sg including engine oil and then brought over...10yo kia forte, many things start to breakdown. rike aircon leaks, engine mountings, ignition coils.

guess I will need to visit more workshops so trying to find a cost effective one...

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the parts in sg including engine oil and then brought over...10yo kia forte, many things start to breakdown. rike aircon leaks, engine mountings, ignition coils.

guess I will need to visit more workshops so trying to find a cost effective one...

Yeah... test water on few workshops and offer your reviews here... Sharing is caring.... lolz

savoirex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah... test water on few workshops and offer your reviews here... Sharing is caring.... lolz
not much of a review, cos the eo and atf change job was pretty straight forward.

the mechanic used a pump to remove the old atf which was brownish-black. then poured in the new pinkish-purple fluid by hand...removed drain plug below the engine, then filled new eo by hand. all this was done without ramping up the car lol...then he drove to a level ground and check all the dip sticks...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.