Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much he charges to do chemical wash on conderser but i feel for 650, its overcharged. Did he give you breakdown? Mind sharing?

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
i forget to take receipt.
but he did breakdown for me.
still ex?

If you can post a rough breakdown, then can determine. It might be the coolant that's ex in the first place. So if you have a rough breakdown, I can roughly give a gauge on what's overpriced.

mrkerpalz

Reaction score
Things done @ Jet Auto
Flush Engine (Their Product+drain out the old oil with a big machine) + top up with new EO. (my own EO)
Flush ATF (Their Product+drain out the old oil with a big machine) , top up with new ATF (3 cans of suzuki 3317)
Flush Their Product+drain out the old oil with a small machine+ Bleed Brake oil, top new BO (my own oil)
De-carbon throttle body with a "funny looking" gadget with a de-carb spray can thing.
chemical wash aircon "condenser" or cooler
drain coolant + top up new coolant. (my own coolant)

Snowblind

Reaction score
My jb servicing comparison Which I felt was abit ex.

Engine oil, my own oil and filter
Drain and top up coolant, my coolant
Adjust timing belt, was misaligned by previous workshop
Change thermostat, my part
Change water pump, my part
Change radiator tubing, my part
Change radiator cap,their part
Wheel alignment and balancing
Rm 450

I believe ur de-carbon thing is close to 200rm as I enquired about it at another jb shop. How is ur aircon, better after the servicing?

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
Things done @ Jet Auto
Flush Engine (Their Product+drain out the old oil with a big machine) + top up with new EO. (my own EO)
Flush ATF (Their Product+drain out the old oil with a big machine) , top up with new ATF (3 cans of suzuki 3317)
Flush Their Product+drain out the old oil with a small machine+ Bleed Brake oil, top new BO (my own oil)
De-carbon throttle body with a "funny looking" gadget with a de-carb spray can thing.
chemical wash aircon "condenser" or cooler
drain coolant + top up new coolant. (my own coolant)

Is the gearbox oil use yours or theirs? I think your gb oil could be the one which is exp.

sinicker

Master Member
Reaction score
my guess is the flushing items are actually by themselves RM300 around there right?

but hey, just bought 2nd hand car... for that price is quite worth it.

if you walked into a workshop in Singapore and earnestly say you just bought this car, i'm sure your bill will be much higher with all the things that they want to do to your car. so take stride in that. :D

Snowblind

Reaction score
Agree on the Singapore workshop. I initially went to one workshop in sg. Few days later noticed the engine temperature is not going up. Went to the same workshop and he say maybe leaking radiator. How can the radiator be leaking when the coolant level never go down and it should be overheating. Quoted me sg400 to do check flush radiator and does not included any repair or parts.

I checked forums and YouTube only to find out that it might be the thermostat or sensor. Changed the thermostat and all is well. The rm400+ I paid for soo many items in jb is not even half of wat he quoted for dismantle and inspect. Also changed the engine oil after 3k since I didn't trust this fellow already. And he misaligned my timing belt due to the vibration which I felt after the belt change.

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok la 650 rm is a small price as compare to what you pay in workshop here. in my earlier post, the sg work shop quoted me 550 sgd jus for labour
whereas jet just do it for 450 rm and I'm very satisfied with Job done

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any reliable place near ksl to do tinting of mirrors and accessories?

Eternalglory

Reaction score
anyone know a good paint touchup shop and dent repair ?

Ask lots of uncle, all lazy to do the job because is a minor scratch or dent.

tian_cai007

Reaction score
Anyone knows where to get the parts for back LED light? And which WS in JB is able to change the LED? Many thks!

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score
Moi first time out of Agent

Everytime spend $2xx ~3xx at agent cos 5 year warranty ......

98k liao ...wanted to try sg but this morning past by this shop with liquid moly....actually wanted to put coolant addictive nia...

but....

UO5pXLy.jpg

UYnzd4C.jpg

p78Q5FG.jpg

Liquid moly servicing plus addictive...RM$444...

wBAgHLd.jpg

OG1xRaX.jpg

FpF9dte.jpg

bCvnTPj.jpg

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score
then they check found my ATF dirty ...say recommended change

Kxo2MlA.jpg

RM$180

Spark plug carbonize.
J0xVJoR.jpg

RM$180.
even my spark plug only change around 70k nia....
then also say even change but better clean throttle cos very dirty ...alot of carbon....
YXOmXnn.jpg

pour this in here
64i200V.jpg

Yj89TRm.jpg

need to flush out
RW6Chao.jpg

1i7yCzM.jpg

Expensive??

whBYKck.jpg

i know liquid moly in sg around $130 can do service but other than all these nonsense i no idea the price

Last edited:

saggice

Reaction score
JB servicing can be done within 20 mins, Singapore will take one whole day!!
hahaaa...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.