Recurring seasonic psu problems.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I am also having similar issue like u. sometimes when booting up the com, it keep restarting after the window logo. i do need to turn off the PSU switch for abt 5-10sec & restart & everything is back to normal. sometimes during gaming, com will also freeze & auto restart, & i have to redo the same process again. had been adapted with the com mood already~:look:

Actually booting issues may not always be PSU. Suspects can be graphics card or hard disk.

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i also had a cold boot problem with seasonic x850 after a year use. i have to press the power button repeatedly. if you searched google, there are many reported cases about this. please go rma it.

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i also had a cold boot problem with seasonic x850 after a year use. i have to press the power button repeatedly. if you searched google, there are many reported cases about this. please go rma it.

Did you have to flip the main psu switch while holding the power button at the same time?

betaunknown

Reaction score
Actually booting issues may not always be PSU. Suspects can be graphics card or hard disk.

+1

Certain cold boot issues may be due to GFX and HDD.

I used to have an issue where I couldn't turn my PC on after shutting down. I.E. press power button but it doesn't turn on. Usually after being powered off for a long time (few hours) it will turn on when I press. But following an immediate shutdown it won't power up.

Turns out the Palit HD4850 was the culprit.

souler87

Reaction score
Seasonic X power series has this issue, last time mine 620W also got this issue. cannot on via the power button have to on off the main PSU switch several times den it will work. Until one fine day it died completely den I went for RMA.

Seems like it a common issue with a batch of the series. Change to a newer model features the hybrid fan and it got a mini upgrade to 650W. After that no such issue for me.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i am not wrong, the P series also got this issue.

chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My friend and me bought the X660 on the same day and both developed the random cannot power on issue after about half a year. Their RMA replacements have been rock solid though.

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seasonic X power series has this issue, last time mine 620W also got this issue. cannot on via the power button have to on off the main PSU switch several times den it will work. Until one fine day it died completely den I went for RMA.

Seems like it a common issue with a batch of the series. Change to a newer model features the hybrid fan and it got a mini upgrade to 650W. After that no such issue for me.

Mine the same.. Just that i put in sleep mode so i dont have to flip the switch and hold the power button for quite a long time..

damnit

Reaction score
I'm using a Seasonic X-850W for a year+ and recently had the same problems. When I perform a cold boot, the comp will not boot but gets stuck somewhere at the booting process. After this I hard reboot a few times also cannot. Frustrated, I turn off main PSU switch and that usually will resolve the issue and the comp can then boot.

Is this the same issue you guys are facing?

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using a Seasonic X-850W for a year+ and recently had the same problems. When I perform a cold boot, the comp will not boot but gets stuck somewhere at the booting process. After this I hard reboot a few times also cannot. Frustrated, I turn off main PSU switch and that usually will resolve the issue and the comp can then boot.

Is this the same issue you guys are facing?

Mine is cannot boot at all. Have to straight use the main psu switch plus power button for 30 mins plus then can boot. Beginning only need to do the main psu switch then it turn on by itself. nw have to hold the power button plus flip psu switch then it can boot.

Now instead of shutting down i put in sleep mode cos faster bootup. Still have the same problem(have to use the same method as stated upwards) when want get out of sleep mode but less time to boot.

Lethal

Reaction score
Y not just head to Corbell and get it change? Since I'm quite certain that all of ur problematic seasonic PSU is still under warranty?

damnit

Reaction score
Y not just head to Corbell and get it change? Since I'm quite certain that all of ur problematic seasonic PSU is still under warranty?

Will need to show Corbell the issue ma. Usually I confirm the issue before bringing down to RMA.

Lethal

Reaction score
Will need to show Corbell the issue ma. Usually I confirm the issue before bringing down to RMA.

Yea if high chance its PSU problem. Just bring over to them and get it tested. Any problem they will change one for u. No point creating a thread to talk about its problem, sometime really might be batch issue.

Anyway if urs is the old X series, high chance they might do a 1 to 1 exchange to the latest X series for u.

Do give them a call first to check if they have buffer for ur PSU.

Anyway I'm always satisfied with Corbell service! Thumbs up for them!

Last edited:

congrade07

Master Member
Reaction score
This is due to the cold boot issue. Just get it change. Sadly, this is an issue known for their X series. I had changed 2 times for my Seasonic X1250.

Corbell are nice ppl, they will change for you.

AC2

Reaction score
This is the same issue I was having with my seasonic X1250 PSU. I had mine RMA twice. The current one is the 3rd PSU and so far no issue(hopefully it last).
The problem will occurred out of a sudden after months of use. When it happen, you will realised that the power button of the casing is not able to boot up your PC. the only methods are

1. switch off the PC from the main power socket and wait for 5-10min then switch on the main power socket (some sort of discharging I guess) and then press the casing switch ON" button and the computer will boot up for 1 time without issue

2. The other method is what I use. Press or flick the PSU on/off(I & O)switch AND the casing button(ON) at the same time or simultaneously. it will boot up the computer without issue. (Dont need to wait 30 min for this one haha)
The PSU will work without any issue as long as the computer is running.

"this issue only seem to affect the initial pwr up"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey all, we understand the frustration when things are not working properly. Because we are user too. :)
If need help just bring the faulty PSU unit for our technician for a test. Good Day :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.