Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

tokenbest

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/Xiaomi/status/1135531585506140160

not sure about Mi 9T Pro (sd 855)

Yeah i know can buy china set and flash global but not too fond of the idea needing to unlock the bootloader first and flash if not brick. if unlock bootloader flash global cannot lock back right? will cause brick too?

So all i still hope can get a set with default global rom.

To add on also, i think if we unlock bootloader and flash etc, makes things very difficult for Google Pay verification etc. (To pass safety net, cannot update GPlay etc)

Hope got more news on when it's hitting us with local stocks.

NightRaven49

Reaction score
Yeah i know can buy china set and flash global but not too fond of the idea needing to unlock the bootloader first and flash if not brick. if unlock bootloader flash global cannot lock back right? will cause brick too?

To add on also, i think if we unlock bootloader and flash etc, makes things very difficult for Google Pay verification etc. (To pass safety net, cannot update GPlay etc)

ya if u buy export set, unlock bl and flash global means u break safetynet, which means some apps, like banking apps, snapchat and pokemon go will no longer work (never heard of gplay not updating cos of failed safetynet though). some more since last year if u lock the bl (yes u can relock the bl) while flashing global rom on export set the phone will essentially hard brick. so need to be careful.

for me buy export set worth it, cos usually cheaper than local, and since I've been romming my phones for years I just flash custom rom and magisk, since I don't like miui and can get root also. I think if u flash magisk after flashing global rom can pass safetynet, so those apps I say above can work, even on a rooted phone. but if u don't want root can disable also.

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
The magic word is magisk

Hope got more news on when it's hitting us with local stocks.

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
My Redmi note 4 on pixel and prior to that MIUI 10.2.3 both magisk and not no prob using gpay

Yup but just mafan lol. Nowadays working no time to maintain roms, used to flash but maybe I can get started again if gpay can be easily activated.

Reavl

Reaction score
Anyone buy phone from aliexpress before?
If wanna get k20 pro, should i wait or just purchase online?
Thank you

NightRaven49

Reaction score
My Redmi note 4 on pixel and prior to that MIUI 10.2.3 both magisk and not no prob using gpay

ya banking apps and paylah work fine on my mi 5s with magisk. at most add to magisk hide only. but have to remember that k20/pro still very new, so initial set up will be very lecheh since no twrp out for the device yet. we also dunno how long bootloader unlock will take.

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
q10 too expensive liao

Base price*1.07 (GST) + shipping + Dealer margin. of course, the china base price seems the most attractive but not even xiaomi would sell at those prices here.

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
So far I check Taobao those that direct send to Singapore selling the 6/64 pro at 2899-2999

Base price*1.07 (GST) + shipping + Dealer margin. of course, the china base price seems the most attractive but not even xiaomi would sell at those prices here.

Reavl

Reaction score
ya, taobao price seem great. just worry about whether can global rom them

Passer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah very tempting to get from taobao already.

Anyone have experience with china rom? let's say if self install google play and services, without root/unlocking. Can Gpay nfc payments still work? I read online can't as the play store is not certified.

Actually what are the disadvantages of china rom besides no play store etc? What else are we missing?

Passer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya, taobao price seem great. just worry about whether can global rom them
from what they say here can global rom when out but you need to unlock your bootloader and flash. After that must remember not to lock the bootloader anymore if not will brick

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
So far I check Taobao those that direct send to Singapore selling the 6/64 pro at 2899-2999

I bought 256gb redmi pro at guangzhou at 2999 rmb. Should have bought another set. It is currently sold out. Only 128gb version available.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.