Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a K20 Pro from a shop in SG, and it has the Global rom installed. I updated my firmware and it is now stuck at 'This miui version can't be installed on this device'.

After doing some research, I found out that it was due to different global regions, and I tried to flash another rom on my own, but it failed due to phone being in 'LOCKED' state.

I did not register my Mi account on my device, so the Mi Unlock does not work for me too.

I am at a lost. Will service center be able to help me on this?

Is it k20 pro India rom? There's an OTA update released before

Last edited:

Reaction score
Is this always going to be the case doing OTA update. Quite scared.
What about those Chinese set global rom?

'This miui version can't be installed on this device'.

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
this will only happen if u load wrong regional rom on regional set, such as global rom on china set with locked bootloader. it won't happen over an ota update.

usually only see this happening when people try to flash roms over miflash, then forget to not select the clean all and lock option. once kena this quite hard to recover, only saw one case he lucky got bind his phone to his mi account then can unlock bl and save his phone. but otherwise gone case le, need bring to service centre.

Reaction score
Thanks bro. i read somewhere how they override one of the problem. shall try to recall the link.
if its not locked bootloader then it won't happen? I'll believe i might've updated but didnt brick *dont know in future*.

faithsilence

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After reading and viewing some reviews, just ordered one 128 local set from Shoppee, to replace my ageing Xiaomi Max 1 :D hope this flagship model is snappier than the Mi Max 1 :p

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After reading and viewing some reviews, just ordered one 128 local set from Shoppee, to replace my ageing Xiaomi Max 1 :D hope this flagship model is snappier than the Mi Max 1 :p
With EIN warranty sticker?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But then local set is still quite expensive especially when only have the 64 GB version haha

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T PRO using GAGT
Yah lor.. At least kasia/RW price is more reasonable. Lazada sells it at 599..lol

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

SuperDecker

Reaction score
I'm also contemplating to order from flower mobile aka jtbc but waiting for this weekends 9/9 sale. If my guess is correct, their mi 9t pro 6/128gb should be export sets with 2 pin charger, probably from Indonesia?

$560 after voucher, ok its not the cheapest :( Finer from Q100 export set with $20 voucher is about $500 :spin:

tang_tang

Reaction score
I'm also contemplating to order from flower mobile aka jtbc but waiting for this weekends 9/9 sale. If my guess is correct, their mi 9t pro 6/128gb should be export sets with 2 pin charger, probably from Indonesia?
Yes. Must be Indonesia set. Flower mobile, Jtbc and eConcept from Lazada all are same shop.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T PRO using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.