Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

suxalot

Reaction score
Gxgx to those who bought the k20 export sets. Can provide review/feedback when you get your hands on them?

eddy0505

Reaction score
hmm ok thanks for letting me know something I didn't really think much about, since I always just flash custom roms and call it a day. but my original point still stands: having to do additional steps to have stuff working is quite a bummer, while other oem phones do so out of the box, and this can turn off new xiaomi users especially if they don't know about it.

my mi5s was imported, china set and can confirm working nfc for simplygo, can tap in and out of bus and mrt just fine. not sure about miui though. I also not sure what kind of nfc problem nakedtoes talking about.

This is the "small price" I'm willing to pay to enjoy a much cheaper device that suits my needs. If you wan everything to work out of the box, then your best option is iPhone or other flagship brands alr. In fact, if you flash custom rom,thats more troublesome that what I have to do for china rom miui phone. Just my 2 cents.
(Or you guys can consider doing what I suggested above to see if it's really troublesome). For my case I'm used to it so it's like a routine to me lol. If you really want out of the box then wait for global rom (eur or Indian set) but that's usually more expensive.

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone managed to setup Google pay after installing Google components?

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ya using k20 pro 256gb version now.

I can install apps via play store but not successful in setting up contactless payment on Google pay. Can share the apk of Google installer?

Edited: did you update the firmware?

eddy0505

Reaction score
I can install apps via play store but not successful in setting up contactless payment on Google pay. Can share the apk of Google installer?

Edited: did you update the firmware?

On your nfc, then under settings change to hce wallet

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
This is the "small price" I'm willing to pay to enjoy a much cheaper device that suits my needs. If you wan everything to work out of the box, then your best option is iPhone or other flagship brands alr. In fact, if you flash custom rom,thats more troublesome that what I have to do for china rom miui phone. Just my 2 cents.
ya I agree that buying china set is a good way to save money if you know how to set it up correctly. but other budget phones like samsung a series and realme also no need to do this kind of thing.
for me I custom rom is more to remove miui than to get gplay working, so to me the extra effort is worth it for stock android + extra customisations.

Can any k20 pro user share how to sync Google contacts?

All the Google apps are installed but contact not syncing

also, have you limited the app's connection to the internet? you also need to disable the battery saving option and enable autostart.

the guide I read was here: https://c.mi.com/thread-1421502-1-0.html

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Then not too sure what's the issue. Mines one latest firmware, Google apk downloaded from china rom mi store. Make sure your firmware is the genuine china rom and not a modified rom.

Updated and still same.
I added Stan chart card but failed to add uob and other banks despite I can add all mentioned cards on another android hp.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.