Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
most ppl here who debloat and tell every1 here is more to haolian only la. 1 simple phone do until like doing surgery liddat. no actual benefit also.

raintr33

Reaction score
I have flashed the Pixel experience from xda. Smoother than miui and excellent battery life.

How about NFC?
Does Google Pay works?

Had been thinking to change to Pixel 4a recently as I had a company apps that can't run due to Root/Malware detected, even though my phone is not rooted and all other apps are working fine.

Posted from PCWX using PCWXv2!

ipevery

Reaction score
How about NFC?
Does Google Pay works?

Had been thinking to change to Pixel 4a recently as I had a company apps that can't run due to Root/Malware detected, even though my phone is not rooted and all other apps are working fine.

Posted from PCWX using PCWXv2!

Since andriod 8 with project treble, custom ROM no longer require root. Prior to Project treble, custom ROM need access to the low level driver and hence require root.

Yes, google pay, bank apps etc will work like regular offical ROM on pixel experience so long you don't try to root it via Magisk. Safetynet will pass. Make sure u are on the latest 23 Sep build as one build before this the dev broke safetynet.

raintr33

Reaction score
Since andriod 8 with project treble, custom ROM no longer require root. Prior to Project treble, custom ROM need access to the low level driver and hence require root.

Yes, google pay, bank apps etc will work like regular offical ROM on pixel experience so long you don't try to root it via Magisk. Safetynet will pass. Make sure u are on the latest 23 Sep build as one build before this the dev broke safetynet.
Its really tempting but this is my working phone and I need it for work daily. Changing to Pixel Experience will need to wipeout, and my work apps need to be re-setup, too many things that can go wrong. Sianz already... Think I will just get Pixel 4a as a good excuse for my new phone itch.

BlurKillerEX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, is there a way to rollback the MIUI 12 OTA update? Ever since I updated, the NFC has been having problems, sometimes will suddenly stop working and I have to restart the phone/reinstall google pay etc. Then it will work again.

kkfa2018

Reaction score
Hello, is there a way to rollback the MIUI 12 OTA update? Ever since I updated, the NFC has been having problems, sometimes will suddenly stop working and I have to restart the phone/reinstall google pay etc. Then it will work again.
Have you tried a factory reset? It is a lot of work to move things out(since no SD) and have to reinstall stuff but it solved most of issues .SD)

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
even if u debloat xiaomi phones (china or global rom), it still connects to chinese servers every few minutes up to 1800 times a day. and this is not including ad servers
psh2QNF.jpg

Last edited:

kkfa2018

Reaction score
even if u debloat xiaomi phones (china or global rom), it still connects to chinese servers every few minutes up to 1800 times a day. and this is not including ad servers
psh2QNF.jpg
Interesting. May I know whats the app you using to track this? Thanks.

BlurKillerEX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a factory reset? It is a lot of work to move things out(since no SD) and have to reinstall stuff but it solved most of issues .SD)

Mmm, been too busy lately to do backups. I'll try to do it tonight and see if it's still having problems tmr.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
drop on floor. no screenprotector and casing using default casing.

top left corner chip off, crack branch out like flower.

That's why good glass protector is a need. Now u need to pay few hundred just to replace the screen else live with it.. But the value drop alot when selling.

Price of good tempered glass the most $15
Price of phone glass screen replacement. - at least $150 and dun know how many hours of lost time during repair.

ipevery

Reaction score
That's why good glass protector is a need. Now u need to pay few hundred just to replace the screen else live with it.. But the value drop alot when selling.

Price of good tempered glass the most $15
Price of phone glass screen replacement. - at least $150 and dun know how many hours of lost time during repair.

any good and reliable tempered glass that you would recommend?

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The monqiqi recommended in this thread in one of the earlier posts is good

Tho the range is limited. Don't have Mi A1, Pocophone F1 and Mate 10 and Sony xz1 which are what I have around the house owned by the various family members.

Posted from PCWX using POCOPHONE F1

commandowolf

Reaction score
Dont update to MIUI 12.0.5.0, broke whatsapp and other notifications settings when phone goes to sleep. I have autostart and no battery optimizer on for those apps, locked in recent apps so cant be cleared.

Whatsapp and other apps dont give notifications until opened, damn irritating. Anybody manage to solve this issue on the latest rom?

kkfa2018

Reaction score
Dont update to MIUI 12.0.5.0, broke whatsapp and other notifications settings when phone goes to sleep. I have autostart and no battery optimizer on for those apps, locked in recent apps so cant be cleared.

Whatsapp and other apps dont give notifications until opened, damn irritating. Anybody manage to solve this issue on the latest rom?
K20 or 20 pro? Global or CN rom? Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.