Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
My TG arrived from Taobao. I must say this is the best glass for k20. There's no white halo at sides and the black border doesn't reduce screen display. Cost 32rmb for two exclude shipping.

r224cj.jpg

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My TG arrived from Taobao. I must say this is the best glass for k20. There's no white halo at sides and the black border doesn't reduce screen display. Cost 32rmb for two exclude shipping.

r224cj.jpg

mine also arrived but seller forgot to sent me the template, the back glass and back stickers.... :s22:

i measure the screen size... the width is still slighly smaller then actual screen.. 0.5mm left and right... height is good:D

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Weren't you using hydrogel film sp previously? Are they any good? My current tempered glass sp have some edge lifting issues with a couple of cheapo cases i bought online. I have 2 pieces of monqiqi sp on the way from china but i am tempted to try hydrogel film for that as naked as possible feel.

x3nor_S

Reaction score
Weren't you using hydrogel film sp previously? Are they any good? My current tempered glass sp have some edge lifting issues with a couple of cheapo cases i bought online. I have 2 pieces of monqiqi sp on the way from china but i am tempted to try hydrogel film for that as naked as possible feel.

I'm using hydrogel. So far so good. Replaced the TG and now it's less irritating as I don't see the air gap at the border.

The feel of hydrogel SP is like a bit rubberised but very smooth I would say

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using hydrogel. So far so good. Replaced the TG and now it's less irritating as I don't see the air gap at the border.

I never used hydrogel before but any potential long term problems with them? Do they cover the phone from edge to edge? And is it true they self repair from minor scratches and they are less fingerprint prone compared to normal tempered glass sp?

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
I never used hydrogel before but any potential long term problems with them? Do they cover the phone from edge to edge? And is it true they self repair from minor scratches and they are less fingerprint prone compared to normal tempered glass sp?

I did used the hydrogel before but there's a rubbery sticky felling whenever you swipe. I guess the self repair is just a gimmick. I did scratch it using fingernails and its still visible.

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score

Yes, I used hydrogel and its almost edge to edge coverage. It's also a disadvantage because cases tend to easily push them out. I have to slightly trim one of my case to prevent that. Hydrogel also tend to attract the dust/fibers inside your pocket. Glass is way better because there's no sticky feeling when you swipe the screen.

Last edited:

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
mine also arrived but seller forgot to sent me the template, the back glass and back stickers.... :s22:

i measure the screen size... the width is still slighly smaller then actual screen.. 0.5mm left and right... height is good:D

I don't read Chinese but based on the English translation there should be a back glass and sticker. Can anyone confirm cos mine didn't come? Don't know whether to complain or not. Would they understand English?

Last edited:

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't read Chinese but based on the English translation there should be a back glass and sticker. Can anyone confirm cos mine didn't come? Don't know whether to complain or not. Would they understand English?

Yes based on what they state in the listing
送贴膜神器+镜头膜+后膜
Freebies sld include the installation tool, rear camera lens protector and back protector.

Photos from reviews of the listing

Installation tool and rear camera lens protector(that black piece of thing i circled in red)
yRnAYty.jpg

Back protector
u3iFCSd.jpg

Can try complain if you want but i doubt they can understand english. Saw a couple of reviews left in english though. Maybe can try to contact taobao customer service directly but again, best to do so in chinese.

Last edited:

x3nor_S

Reaction score

Not exactly sure about long term effects. But mine has been quite smooth and definitely covers edge to edge. I don't really have any sticky feeling since installation on Friday. Need to see and observe further. Self healing wise I'm not sure about that. Doubt it works

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
Not exactly sure about long term effects. But mine has been quite smooth and definitely covers edge to edge. I don't really have any sticky feeling since installation on Friday. Need to see and observe further. Self healing wise I'm not sure about that. Doubt it works

Im using two phones where the company phone has glass and mine used to be hydrogel. You can immediately feel the better smoothness in the glass. That's why I made the switch

mankind66

Reaction score

Regarding the air gap at the border, it can be clear by pumping the liquid that comes with the tg(not all have this liquid pump) onto the side that has air gap
You can watch the YouTube on how to diy the installation of tg.

bbcccc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/redmi-k20-pro-mi-9t-launch-netherlands-august-20-expected-price-specifications-2084998%3famp=1&akamai-rum=off

mi 9t pro finally launching
hope the nfc wrks

Sent from Mi Mix 2s using GAGT

x3nor_S

Reaction score
Im using two phones where the company phone has glass and mine used to be hydrogel. You can immediately feel the better smoothness in the glass. That's why I made the switch

Definitely cannot compared to TG. Hydrogel is more rubbery feel which I kind of like. Whereas for TG I realise I have trouble getting my touch registered at the edge of the screen due to the air gap. Not sure if with the liquid pump it will make it better. Somehow with all the screen with slightly curved edge TG needs to go along with the change

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/redmi-k20-pro-mi-9t-launch-netherlands-august-20-expected-price-specifications-2084998%3famp=1&akamai-rum=off

mi 9t pro finally launching
hope the nfc wrks

Sent from Mi Mix 2s using GAGT

not sure if it is worth the extra 200 or so over the k20 pro

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.