Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same here , i need to manual side load play store , whats odd is the one at mi app store is not latest google play store, thats why there is no dark mode , currently on 17.1.16 ver

Yeah same problem..

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mi 9T pro display look nicer without the ugly camera cutout, but note 10 display is way brighter.
LEJbvdQ.jpg

9825 getting rekt by 855. Dumping my Note 10 soon :s13:
j0AnfS8.jpg

I’ll pick the Mi 9T Pro over the note 10 mainly because of the full screen display, half the price and better battery life and performance.

VacheronLim

Reaction score
is there any fix or settings to adjust such that one doesn't have to load google map and let it capture location, before using comfort/grab/gojek app every time?

especially when underground or indoors even on google map de location service is patchy 😮

Last edited:

andrewkb

Reaction score
is there any fix or settings to adjust such that one doesn't have to load google map and let it capture location, before using comfort/grab/gojek app every time?

especially when underground or indoors even on google map de location service is patchy 😮

Try this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest

It shows how many satellites it is locked on and if you're getting a full lock

Adelyte

Reaction score

Can. U need to clear cache for ur Google map and all google service. Then try again. Or reinstall ur Google services.

My China rom k20pro no such issue when I install the google services.

But my China rom note5 has same issue as urs. Then I clear cache and service. Everything ok Liao.

VacheronLim

Reaction score
Can. U need to clear cache for ur Google map and all google service. Then try again. Or reinstall ur Google services.

My China rom k20pro no such issue when I install the google services.

But my China rom note5 has same issue as urs. Then I clear cache and service. Everything ok Liao.

accidentally clear data instead of cache for one of the google service, now google playstore icon is on my hp but doesn't load :s13::eek:

Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Under auto brightness.. There is this night mode brightness.. Anyone know what is that and how to set? It said to turn night mode on, minimize screen brightness in low light conditions.

VacheronLim

Reaction score
to confirm, for china rom set gps mostly don't work when indoors?

there's no permanent fix/workaround for this?

trying to get used to it, coming from global rom pocophone which didn't encounter gps woes when indoors >.<

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
Is one of those gps compatibility of cn rom

trying to get used to it, coming from global rom pocophone which didn't encounter gps woes when indoors >.<

kkfa2018

Reaction score

I have CN rom on k20. I have no issues when indoors. I don't know if it helps but i always enable wifi and/or other to enhance accuracy of reception. Also i will go outdoors for a one time only fix to do my first GPS positioning when I start to use the phone. Usually i find that if the GPS fix is done like that, subsequent locating using GPS is faster and more accurate, even indoors. Caveat is you should be connected to wifi also indoors.

I hope this helps.

VacheronLim

Reaction score
I have CN rom on k20. I have no issues when indoors. I don't know if it helps but i always enable wifi and/or other to enhance accuracy of reception. Also i will go outdoors for a one time only fix to do my first GPS positioning when I start to use the phone. Usually i find that if the GPS fix is done like that, subsequent locating using GPS is faster and more accurate, even indoors. Caveat is you should be connected to wifi also indoors.

I hope this helps.

Thank you!

Meaning when indoor you're constantly connected to office/mall wifi network? Or just have the phone wifi signal turned on?

Is ur phone's gps signal oso turned on perpetually?

Once I do GPS fix, I have it set to high accuracy mode, and also allow wlan & bluetooth scanning. Also for google maps, I gave it permission to change wlan & bluetooth connectivity too. But the minute I go indoor/underground, game over :s8:

kkfa2018

Reaction score
Thank you!

Meaning when indoor you're constantly connected to office/mall wifi network? Or just have the phone wifi signal turned on?

Once I do GPS fix, I have it set to high accuracy mode, and also allow wlan & bluetooth scanning. Also for google maps, I gave it permission to change wlan & bluetooth connectivity too. But the minute I go indoor/underground, game over :s8:
I have the wifi connected while indoors but my GPS i turn on only when i use.
Yes if go indoors like tunnel or no windows with no wfi the GPS signal will be lost. Long periods in doors will also result in difficulty or unabld to get positioning info. With wifi connected not so bad.
Mind you positioning info can be off a bit when indoors too

Last edited:

bbcccc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/
india ver of mi9t can update to miui 11 liao
our local sets can update using this file ma?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T using GAGT

Adelyte

Reaction score
Thank you!

Last time when no gps signal, like urs.

After clear cache, I can turn off GPS and use wifi/ mobile data aGps to get location immediately.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.