Release dates for AIB RX5700 gfx cards (non reference)

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dunno how u tehan so long, if me ill just go back shop 1 to 1 (1 week warranty policy), if not go distro rma.

:o

thanks for the help previously!

I though this is a normal issue as reported by many of the rx5700xt owners, so i was thinking if it is a hardware or software issue. Will go down soon to exchange

shawntyq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help previously!

I though this is a normal issue as reported by many of the rx5700xt owners, so i was thinking if it is a hardware or software issue. Will go down soon to exchange

np.. if its complicated just send for them to do diagnose. they better in diagnosing the issue as well cos they are better equipped. u can only test with one com and limited resources to isolate the issue.

just note down the issues and explain to them, will help them to diagnose easier especially if its a common issue or not.

devilcup

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dunno how u tehan so long, if me ill just go back shop 1 to 1 (1 week warranty policy), if not go distro rma.

:o

it is multiple issue... i oso think RMA or bring back the card to the retailer for exchange in this case.

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
np.. if its complicated just send for them to do diagnose. they better in diagnosing the issue as well cos they are better equipped. u can only test with one com and limited resources to isolate the issue.

just note down the issues and explain to them, will help them to diagnose easier especially if its a common issue or not.

right, i went down to rma but there is no more card RX 5700 XT stock.

I heard that they might not bring in any more pulse rx 5700xt because of the nitro.

End up they told me need to wait 5 to 8 weeks to send back to hong kong to fix it:(

maybe this is why i heard people say go with bigger distributor better, mine is from B&H

shawntyq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I heard that they might not bring in any more pulse rx 5700xt because of the nitro.

End up they told me need to wait 5 to 8 weeks to send back to hong kong to fix it:(

maybe this is why i heard people say go with bigger distributor better, mine is from B&H

tot sapphire is convergent? alamak.

devilcup

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hmmmm i tot of this, did you try left bios?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

To be honest, it depends. Bigger distro doesn't mean they will have buffer stock for exchange as well.

Also it is quite silly to not bring in the Pulse series since its supposed to be the more budget series as compared to the Nitro+. The price is certainly different.

ah_khoo

Reaction score
just to share some thoughts after upgrade to 5700XT reference lately:

1. on non pcie 4.0 board (AM4), i need to force chipset/pcie lanes speed @ 3.0 instead of auto

2. stock volt is way too high, referred to a youtube video, put highest clock as 1900, volt @ 1020mv. all good. getting 1840Mhz ish for games, 78c max on temp, a silent blower cooler.

generally a few hiccups here & there but happy after d tweaks. :D

shawntyq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to share some thoughts after upgrade to 5700XT reference lately:

1. on non pcie 4.0 board (AM4), i need to force chipset/pcie lanes speed @ 3.0 instead of auto

2. stock volt is way too high, referred to a youtube video, put highest clock as 1900, volt @ 1020mv. all good. getting 1840Mhz ish for games, 78c max on temp, a silent blower cooler.

generally a few hiccups here & there but happy after d tweaks. :D

u got a reference card?

the card will go higher mhz if u tune your fan speed higher unless u mind the noise.

now that u mentioned, i encourage whoever uses b450 boards and 5700xt to set pci-e to 3, there are issues whereby the card is running pcie4 which may cause stability and oc issues.

Last edited:

ah_khoo

Reaction score
u got a reference card?

the card will go higher mhz if u tune your fan speed higher unless u mind the noise.

now that u mentioned, i encourage whoever uses b450 boards and 5700xt to set pci-e to 3, there are issues whereby the card is running pcie4 which may cause stability and oc issues.

yup, an asus reference card which i got it cheap. anything above 40% is quite noticeable liao, i think to oc a non reference card is almost a must. :o

it'd be safe for all non X570 AM4 boards to manually set the pcie/chipset lanes @ 3.0 in BIOS instead of auto. i got very laggish desktop plus GPU-Z showing 0MHz for both core & mem. :slant:

shawntyq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, an asus reference card which i got it cheap. anything above 40% is quite noticeable liao, i think to oc a non reference card is almost a must. :o

it'd be safe for all non X570 AM4 boards to manually set the pcie/chipset lanes @ 3.0 in BIOS instead of auto. i got very laggish desktop plus GPU-Z showing 0MHz for both core & mem. :slant:

congrats man, the card itself is quite value for money but just temp not likable for most heavy users.

u got laggish desktop before you set auto or even after you set 3.0 in bios?

ah_khoo

Reaction score
congrats man, the card itself is quite value for money but just temp not likable for most heavy users.

u got laggish desktop before you set auto or even after you set 3.0 in bios?
laggish desktop b4 i forced pcie @ 3.0 in bios, after that all good. ;)

ah_khoo

Reaction score
since we are using almost d same board, d option is here:

- PCI Subsystem Settings
Sets PCI, PCI express interface protocol and latency timer. Press Enter to enter the
sub-menu.
- PCI_E1 - Max Link Speed [Auto]
Sets PCI_E1 slot speed (from CPU) for matching different installed devices.
- Chipset Gen Switch [Auto]
Sets PCI Express protocol of PCIe x16 slots (from PCH) for matching different
installed devices.
[Auto] This item will be configured automatically by BIOS.
[Gen1] Enables PCIe Gen1 support only.
[Gen2] Enables PCIe Gen2 support only.
[Gen3] Enables PCIe Gen3 support only.

i kiasu abit, whatever to do with pcie & with option of pcie1-3, i set em all to pcie 3.0. hope it works for u & others. ;)

shawntyq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
since we are using almost d same board, d option is here:

- PCI Subsystem Settings
Sets PCI, PCI express interface protocol and latency timer. Press Enter to enter the
sub-menu.
- PCI_E1 - Max Link Speed [Auto]
Sets PCI_E1 slot speed (from CPU) for matching different installed devices.
- Chipset Gen Switch [Auto]
Sets PCI Express protocol of PCIe x16 slots (from PCH) for matching different
installed devices.
[Auto] This item will be configured automatically by BIOS.
[Gen1] Enables PCIe Gen1 support only.
[Gen2] Enables PCIe Gen2 support only.
[Gen3] Enables PCIe Gen3 support only.

i kiasu abit, whatever to do with pcie & with option of pcie1-3, i set em all to pcie 3.0. hope it works for u & others. ;)

thanks alot, actually im new to msi/amd. previously using asrock/intel.

alot things still exploring and learning :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.