Replacement Speaker Cable for Logitech Z906.

RLWZ21

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone own the Logitech Z906? as I have fray wire (like the insulation tube break off) and the damage is kinda too much that i intend to find a replacement for it. but just checking does anyone knows the so call right cable for it? like the AWG (cant rmb what it called but its something like the cable size) and how much if you have made a replacement for such cable? and i dun intend to change just one but all 5 of them as all have the similar symptoms.

the add a photo from web is the 5 red and black from the sub to speaker.

b2d771%7C0594_iopanel.jpg

benedium

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually if they are only frayed at the ends, u can trim the ends equally for all, then remove more insulation cover, twist the metal wires into a neat straight line and insert only the naked metal wire inside. The cables will all be slightly shorter but that should be fine.

However if u die die wanna buy new ones, those red and black sockets are Spring Clips type. Cannot use too thick wire. Can check the logitech original cables see if the awg is printed. May need magnifying glass to see.

In general for spring clips, safest to go with 16awg. Awg number bigger means thinner and smaller number means thicker.

Your sound system not exactly high end so can just buy online like those amazon basics type or go LHS at Sim Lim Tower (not Square)2nd floor. My speakers cost nearly 1k I also use Belden cables from LHS. This is from experts advice.

Like I said, look for 16awg, if affordable can choose oxygen free which maybe less likely to rust/corrode. Then just make sure u get enough length for your use or get same length as original, not sure if important.

Last edited:

benedium

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

RLWZ21

Reaction score
sadly its not both ends but rather in the middle cos i did some spring cleaning on my room and saw the quite a few middle is sticky and also some fray like someone using chopping knife and cut it like a vegetable.

as for checking the wires i will try and see cos i dun rmb did saw any wording on the cable itself. for the original length i will try to find a long measuring tape as iirc its quite long as well.

anyway still thanks for your help since im not even sure which speaker cable to go for.

Hafi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it doesn't matter... any standard speaker wiring can be used, no particular type.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.